• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Begone, Red Rift Tickets

How many Red Rift Tickets do you have?

• Over nine hundred! I've never used them!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • A few hundred. I use them rarely.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Only a handful. Green tickets are never enough so I'm always using red.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Isaac. I've spent all my tickets

• What's the Rift?

• Total voters

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
There are two resources competing for over-abundance and lack of utility. Things once useful, now a dusty mountain in the Stash. Keys (what am I gonna do with 650 bronze keys?!) and Rift Tickets. I'll be calling them Red Rift Tickets to distinguish them from their green cousins, the Free Rift Tickets, who serve the same function.

I absolutely loathe seeing Red Rift Tickets appear as the six hours task in the Mission Control Deployments tab. I already have 881 of them! Too bad they can't be converted to Canopy Coins, Rift Coins, or Skill Points so they could be of use for the Cabinet of Curiosities.

I'm one of those casual rifters that coast on Gold 1 status. I do a minimum of 5 fights and call it a week. I hate crushing weaklings and don't like taking from others so I may advance. I'm curious about what is the ticket habit of professional rifters that are earning diamond and above ranks. Do you have enough Red Rift Tickets?

What say you? Are Red Rift Tickets too much? Do you use them or are they also clogging your Stash? Should they be random drops in the Rift and never appear in Deployments ever again?

There are two resources competing for over-abundance and lack of utility. Things once useful, now a dusty mountain in the Stash. Keys (what am I gonna do with 650 bronze keys?!) and Rift Tickets. I'll be calling them Red Rift Tickets to distinguish them from their green cousins, the Free Rift Tickets, who serve the same function.

I absolutely loathe seeing Red Rift Tickets appear as the six hours task in the Mission Control Deployments tab. I already have 881 of them! Too bad they can't be converted to Canopy Coins, Rift Coins, or Skill Points so they could be of use for the Cabinet of Curiosities.

I'm one of those casual rifters that coast on Gold 1 status. I do a minimum of 5 fights and call it a week. I hate crushing weaklings and don't like taking from others so I may advance. I'm curious about what is the ticket habit of professional rifters that are earning diamond and above ranks. Do you have enough Red Rift Tickets?

What say you? Are Red Rift Tickets too much? Do you use them or are they also clogging your Stash? Should they be random drops in the Rift and never appear in Deployments ever again?
Guys, guys, wait. I have the worst possible solution to this. No Free Rift Tickets anymore, you have to use the Red ones from now on. Also we are increasing the cost to 10 tickets per Rift Battle to induce their demand. To counteract this and keep the Skullgirls Mobile Economy robust, however, 1-5 Red Rift Tickets will now be featured as a 25% drop chance in the seasonal prize fight relics. Yes, this includes the guaranteed Diamond relic at 150,000,000 points. Enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: BallotBoxer
I already have 881 of them!
As a casual rifter myself, how are you all acquiring so many Red Tix? (I only have 234 myself - I voted 'a few hundred' but I never use them)
Before the Login reward change in Oct '19, where else do we get Red Tix that we don't purposely 'earn/buy'?
I mean getting 2 free a month as login rewards only accounts for 108 Tix.
And if you're not doing the Deployments missions for a few more...where do the rest come from?

OTOH, i have 1649 bronze keys...

I have no clue where all my red tickets came from, but as a casual G1 rifter myself- I also seem to have a few hundred sitting there, collecting mold. Being able to use them for Daily events, Holodeck Hazards, or Accursed Experiments would be phenomenal- but that would probably ruin the canopy coin scarcity and derail the economy. An ability for these to be converted into Daily tickets would help immensely, even at a 5:1 ratio. Same goes for the bronze keys. My silver key count often dips into the single digits due to building multiple copies of support fighters, many of which are silver- while the bronze keys are used only to satisfy the "unlock a skill tree node" requirement on bronze fighters which will never see battle even when fully built. Giving keys the same "red gift treatment" and allowing them to be melted down into higher rarity keys would be a big help.

Also could you please add a separate row for rerolls?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
how are you all acquiring so many Red Tix?
Mostly from that 6 hours deployment. With Red Rift Tickets being completely useless to me, the default 40k XP is the only prize.

Red Rift Ticket re-purposed function:
  • Trade 10 to buy a Rift Relic (contains catalyst and Rift Coins)
  • Spend 500 to "reset" your Accolade tree
  • Like any deleted currency, just gets converted into Canopy Coins
  • Busted: becomes a "reroll" ticket for unfavorable relic results. No effect on common (moves, premiere, or bronze/silver) relics.
  • Pay-to-win: cash in 25 Red Rift Tickets for 50 rift rank points. Pay 100 to dodge a season by "cloaking" your base.
  • No way: pay 1 Red Rift Ticket to automatically clear 1 node in Parallel Realms

Reactions: Dusty00
Mostly from that 6 hours deployment.
Ah, so you are doing the Tix missions, that makes sense.
I only do the missions for the rewards as the amount of XP is a joke. That's why I have 1600+ bronze keys, I'd rather get the key than re-roll a 15min mission w/ Theo (though I do send a non-maxed fighter in case I whiff on the key).

As for what to do with excess R.Tix? I'll take anything at this point, though I'm partial to convert to Daily Tix even at a rate of 10(or more):1.

775 red tix here. When I met Hteik a few month ago and saw his account, he had 0 and said he wished there’s a way he can purchase more red tickets. It’s the only reason he can’t maintain Legend every week due to other top 20 players having more tickets to burn. They average 50-60 rift matches a week for top 3.

Other than those guys, I’d say your typical D1 will have hundreds of red tickets saved up. Some weeks I get to D2/D1 with 5 matches and defensive wins alone..

Love the idea of repurposing resources in this game. Even if it’s just a chance to win something is better than having no use. Like, trade 100 red ticket to transmute a dupe diamond into another diamond would be cool. Or trade 5 diamond dupes, 5 elemental essences, and 5000 skill points for a “upgrade a card to shiny ✨” resource.

Reactions: evilgordo
When I met Hteik a few month ago and saw his account, he had 0 and said he wished there’s a way he can purchase more red tickets
Interesting. I thought you could 'buy' a rift match for theo if you were out of red/green tix. Maybe that was the Rifts 1.0? As you can see, I'm not a big Rifter, I do my compulsory 5 matches and rank be damned.

It’s the only reason he can’t maintain Legend every week due to other top 20 players having more tickets to burn. They average 50-60 rift matches a week for top 3.
How is Top 3 Rifts sustainable? If you start a week with 0 Tix, you get 21 green tix (7 more if you clear all 3 pairings) That's 28 matches...so the rest will all be R.tix? I can see why Hteik had 0 tix. There must be some sort of rotation for Top 3 as players have to hang in D1/D2 and 'earn' more R.Tix. So, 2 per month for login rewards and Deployment missions are the only source for R.Tix?

And, if you're not using R.Tix, why purposely keep getting more than the 2 login rewards?

As a casual rifter myself, how are you all acquiring so many Red Tix? (I only have 234 myself - I voted 'a few hundred' but I never use them)
Before the Login reward change in Oct '19, where else do we get Red Tix that we don't purposely 'earn/buy'?
I mean getting 2 free a month as login rewards only accounts for 108 Tix.
And if you're not doing the Deployments missions for a few more...where do the rest come from?

OTOH, i have 1649 bronze keys...
Being able to merge lesser keys into higher tier ones would be nice. Ofc, the ratio should be very high, as to not decrease the value of Diamond Keys

Either that, or give them another use. Like spending X amount to reset the story mode and its rewards, but not get keys from those rewards

Interesting. I thought you could 'buy' a rift match for theo if you were out of red/green tix. Maybe that was the Rifts 1.0? As you can see, I'm not a big Rifter, I do my compulsory 5 matches and rank be damned.

How is Top 3 Rifts sustainable? If you start a week with 0 Tix, you get 21 green tix (7 more if you clear all 3 pairings) That's 28 matches...so the rest will all be R.tix? I can see why Hteik had 0 tix. There must be some sort of rotation for Top 3 as players have to hang in D1/D2 and 'earn' more R.Tix. So, 2 per month for login rewards and Deployment missions are the only source for R.Tix?

And, if you're not using R.Tix, why purposely keep getting more than the 2 login rewards?
Exactly. That’s why top 3 (actually just legends since some weeks people don’t go hard for hero and phenom at around 1900 vs 2200+) rotate nowadays. They all know they need to have at least 20-30 red tickets to burn when gunning for legend. I’ve never gone over 1900 but am pretty sure you only get around 10pts for winning a game while losing 90 when you lose. By the way, top players like Deny and Lucy will revenge if you don’t score at least 14,750.

It’s actually healthier for them this way without endless supply of red tix - at least game forces them to take a break every now and then. He did say red tix deployment is the most important one out of all. At that time he had 280+ gold relics saved up and I think 500k+ rift coins?

Not sure about buying more tix using Theo - we may need a newbie or top player to confirm.

Last edited:
Reactions: evilgordo