1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

A Cerebella Tier List

Discussion in 'Cerebella' started by theLoneskull, Oct 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. theLoneskull

theLoneskull Active Member

Introducing Cerebella:
    Cerebella is a "bruiser" who does not inflict very many hits, but packs a powerful punch. Her health stats are second only to Big Band and Squigly. Her attack stats are also second only to Painwheel. She has far fewer abilities than most of the other characters, who are most effective when able to take advantage of combat effects. The abilities she does have celebrate her ability to do enormous chunks of damage.

Character Ability: Balancing Act
    - Successfully breaking a throw will make Cerebella's attacker stagger! Use this opportunity to counter attack

1. Harlequin
    Rarity: Gold
    Element: Fire
    Atk (at lvl 60): 12,960
    Hp (at lvl 60): 61.7k
    FS (at lvl 60): 23.8k

SA: Special Attraction
    - Special move damage is increased by 20% for all teammates
    - Cooldown for special moves is reduced by 35% for all teammates

For a fighter that leans towards offense in terms of role, she does well on both offense and defense. On offense, she already does a lot of damage. The special move damage pairs nicely with the Battle Ram (I think it's called that), Lock n' Load, and Merry Go-rilla specials. The reduced cooldown also helps. On defense, the cooldown on specials pair particularly nicely with a Big Band who has noise cancel or a Bloody Valentine Eliza. They're fighters that would particularly enjoy the reduction, although any fighter will enjoy it. And if you get hit by the Diamonds are Forever move BB2, it's game over for you. With a 100% attack stat boost, she is capable of 67k damage or something ridiculous. Overall, she's really good and you should invest into her.

2. Toad Warrior

Rarity: Silver
    Element: Wind
    Atk (at lvl 60): 11,079
    Hp (at lvl 60): 53k
    FS (at lvl 60): 20.3k
    SA: Turbo Tunnel
    - Gain 3% blockbuster meter per second while near an opponent
    - Deal 50% bonus damage while a blockbuster is fully charged

Out of all the Halloween fighters, Toad Warrior is THE strongest one. She can gain meter pretty easily, making meter gain less important. A simple ground combo, then Pummel Horse, then ground combo, then launcher, then juggle can fill up a BB2 meter in seconds. She already deals incredibly high damage, with her SA only boosting it even higher. Diamonds are Forever is, once again, particularly dangerous with this one. I dare say even moreso than with Harlequin. The only real drawback to Toad Warrior is that she's a wind and there's quite a few good fire fighters out there. But when you look past that, Toad Warrior is one of the best silver fighters and is worth taking to gold and even diamond.

3. Brain Freeze
    Element: Water
    Atk (at lvl 60): 11,271
    Hp (at lvl 60): 68.6k
    FS (at lvl 60): 23.2k
    SA: Frozen Over
    - Attack damage is increased by 3% of your current health
    - Damage inflicted by the opponent is reduced by 3% of current combo hit

3% probably doesn't seem like much. And in the case of SA1, it isn't really THAT much. Especially cause Cerebella doesn't have very long combos. But that 3% is from Cerebella's health, which is very high. Meaning you will have gotten quite a bit of a boost by the time your combo ends. The damage decrease is also nice, seeing as it can increase her survivability. Especially against high combo characters, who will do virtually no harm after 25 hits or so. Combined with high defense, expect to avoid plenty of damage. On defense, I'd dare say that makes a tougher cookie to crack than Armed Forces. On offense, this can serves one well because if you get caught into a counter attack of sorts (which has happened to all of us, let's be real), you won't get hit that badly. She has overall great stats and an interesting SA. Her only real drawback is that her SA1 will become progressively less valuable because it depends how much health she has remaining (i.e. 3% of 79% of her total health). And no matter what, you WILL lose health in a match. But it can be solved by just going all out when investing into her attack stat.

4. Headstrong
    Rarity: Bronze
    Element: Light
    Atk (at lvl 60): 10,522
    Hp (at lvl 60: 49.9k
    FS (at lvl 60): 17k
    SA: Big Break
    - Throws have a 50% chance to inflict cripple for 7 seconds
    - Also inflict armor break for 7 seconds

Oddly enough, Headstrong outclasses both of the silver variants. Although on paper she doesn't seem too great, she's actually incredibly strong. The cripple isn't that good, but the armor break is what makes her so strong. A lot of moves that Cerebella has count as throws, making it easy to deal extra damage to the opponent through the armor break. Combined with her already good damage stat (especially for a bronze) and the marquee that drains meter, she can be incredibly strong. She works well against all those pesky Armed Forces and Resonant Evils your opponent may have for their defense team. On defense however, her performance is lackluster as, despite her high health for a bronze, it's still fairly low, making her easy to take out. I guess as some sort of consolation, certain moves are deadly in the hands of the ai (Diamond Drop and Diamonds are Forever in particular), as they will simply turtle and then use the moves to punish you.

5. Heavy Handed
    Rarity: Diamond
    Element: Fire
    Atk (at lvl 60): 13,152
    Hp (at lvl 60): 80k
    FS (at lvl 60): 27.1k
    SA: Knuckle Sandwich
    - Gain enrage every 0.1 second while charging a charge attack. Enrage is removed after the next hit
    - When reaching 5 stacks of enrage, gain unflinching for 10 seconds. Unflinching is removed after the next hit

Although her stats are superior to all the other Cerebella variants (since she is a NATURAL diamond), her SA is somewhat of a let down. The first SA would be better it you didn't have to charge a charge attack since that's just an opening that leaves you incredibly vulnerable. Not to mention that she loses one stack of enrage after every hit, hurting her damage output somewhat. Harlequin does pretty much the same damage and gains a boost to special move damage, while Toad Warrior does somewhat less, but ALL her attacks get that 50% boost, which is enormous. The unflinching is somewhat situational. Its hard to find a practical use for it since you lose it after one hit. Overall, she's a pretty huge letdown and is not worth the investment.

6. Armed Forces

Element: Wind
    Atk (at lvl 50): 9,581
    Hp (at lvl 50): 75.5k
    FS (at lvl 50): 22.7k
    SA: Diamond Defense
    - Getting hit has a 5% chance to grant armor for 15 seconds
    - Also gain unflinching for 15 seconds

As a defensive fighter, Armed Forces is one tough cookie. Especially if you do not have armor break or curse. She might be a tough cookie, but she's not the best. And especially considering her recent nerf, she took a considerbale hit. Also, she may only have a 5% chance to get the armor and unflinching, when she does get them, it tends to be an unexpected surprise. The unflinching allows the ai to play aggressively, as the player can't really do much to harm the Armed Forces until the unflinching expires (most blockbusters can get around the unflinching though). The armor also increases her survivability. However, once you realize this list is offense oriented, she loses a lot of her value, doesn't she? Her attack is mediocre and her SA provides very little offensive utility. I suppose the only real use it would have on offense would be as a safety net, especially because unflinching means you will not react to attacks. So there's that.

7. Big Top
    Element: Light
    Atk (at lvl 50): 8,218
    Hp (at lvl 50): 64.7k
    FS (at lvl 50): 19.4k
    SA: Encore
    - Once per match, resurrect with 50% health when defeated
    - Resurrect with invincible and unflinching for 6 seconds

On defense, Big Top can be rather pesky, as the unflinching makes it very difficult to find an opening to attack her. Unlike Armed Forces, using a blockbuster will not do anything, thanks to the invincibility. Reviving with 50% health is also a good thing. Fighters that inflict curse or hex are the best way to take her on. Even on offense, the unflinching can allow the player to play very aggressively. And after 2.5 (up until 2.6), her SA would allow her to take a BB3 and let the player launch an aggressive counter attack. Her main drawback is her incredibly low damage output. Her damage is far lower than every other Cerebella variant, with only Understudy doing less damage. She suffers from the same problem as most Big Band or Squigly variants: she does not do enough damage to keep up with the buffs the opponent will be getting to their health in late prize fights streaks (25+). However, her attack more than doubles (hehe, get it?) when she evolves to diamond, which may make her worth it.

8. Understudy
    Rarity: Bronze
    Element: Water
    Atk (at lvl 50): 8,295
    Hp (at lvl 50: 50.3k
    FS (at lvl 50): 19.3k
    SA: Throwdown
    - Gain a 50% bonus to throw damage
    - Gain armor for 15 seconds when throwing the opponent

When initially compared, Understudy seems better than Headstrong thanks to her increase in flat damage. And while it's not a terrible thing to have, she's weak in later stages of the game, simply because there are quite a few ways to lessen the damage, rendering it somewhat worthless. She's strong in the early stages of the game, but as you progress, she becomes weaker and weaker. She's worth something for new players, but for the most part, not really worth it. Her SA isn't very useful on offense and her damage stat is somewhat low, so expect to struggle if you use her.

9. Gray Matter
    Element: Dark
    Atk (at lvl 50): 9,639
    Hp (at lvl 50): 58.8k
    FS (at lvl 50): 19.9k
    SA: Hat Trick
    - Start every match with 40% meter for all blockbusters
    - Teammates start every match with 25% meter for all blockbusters

On paper, Gray Matter seems pretty good. 40% meter is good...for her. On offense, her damage is still fairly low, making her harder to use in later prize fight streaks. SA2 is not enough meter for her teammates to really benefit from on defense. She could pair nicely with Eliza if she has the Ritual Sacrifice marquee. Although she would have to die for it. Overall, she may have her uses, but isn't really worth investing into. She's sadly one of the few darks not worth evolving to diamond. She's not too bad, but has to compete with several other darks that have better stats and/or SAs than her.

#1 theLoneskull, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. theLoneskull

Ignore the empty list. Mistake on my end

3. theLoneskull

After some laziness on my end, I managed to make the list not empty. Enjoy :)

educavalcantee likes this.
  4. theLoneskull

Updated to include Heavy Handed and Toad Warrior

5. Second48Hours

Second48Hours New Member

Understudy’s SA2 was changed recently to give armor when throwing. It makes her a little tanker, but it completely removed her team utility. I’ve used her a lot less since the change, she’s no good for higher level fights anymore.

theLoneskull likes this.
  6. theLoneskull

Oh shoot, I forgot to adjust it for the rework. Whoops
    Tbh, I'm not sure why anyone would use her in high levels anyway. Unless its with Beowulf or another Cerebella. She's not too great anyway

Zachary Baumstark likes this.
  7. Pepperlunatic

Pepperlunatic Active Member

After talking with high ranked players, I think Brain Freeze should be 2nd place instead of being in 4th place. Yes, her extra damage when having more health is negligible but her damage reduction per each combo is more threatening than we think. Though we assume that Armed force is better defender for her SA is really impactful in many cases, a well prepared team can easily counter Armed force with characters like Silent Kill, Purrfect Dark, Rainbow Blight, etc. Brain freeze, on the other hand, cannot be countered without the help of hex and if she is equipped with bleed resist, it would be very difficult to kill her. For that reason, many high diamonds and even Moor consider her as a very powerful defender character than Armed Force. Also consdiering how Heavy Handed is being treated as a joke while Toad, Harl, Freeze is considered as three goddess, it is inaccurate to place her below Heavy Handed.

educavalcantee likes this.
  8. fanghoul

fanghoul Well-Known Member

I mean, I just have my Primed shoot Brain Freeze to death, but I guess the same could be said for Armed Forces. Or I use Heavy Metal. Or another Cerebella. My baby Dragon Brawler might also be up to the job some day. Really anyone that has some low combo count attacks. So there's hard counters to both characters.

Based on recent experiences, Armed Force's unflinching *is* better at getting you stuck in a corner and ruining your day. Maybe not a concern for top tier players though.

theLoneskull likes this.
  9. Pepperlunatic

Top tier players utilizes things like silent kill, Outtakes, sketchy(for debuff when tag in), rainbow blight, stand out to easily counter buff-related defenders armed force if I remember correctly. Outtake is especially important because it allows you to kill those pesky supports easily and remove buffs. Of course when against brain freeze you can't counter them with any of them except rainbow blight so you have to use brute force for that. So that is why the top tier players rate brain freeze higher than armed forces

10. theLoneskull

I placed Brain Freeze below Heavy Handed when nat diamonds first released. I didn't know how bad Heavy Handed would be
    This isn't really meant to focus on defensive potential. It focuses on offensive potential. If it was defensive, then for sure Brain Freeze would be no.2. Maybe even no.1.
    Offensively, Brain Freeze doesn't perform as well because her damage boost is easily negated, as lowering her health (something that will happen NO MATTER WHAT) will decrease its effectiveness. HQ and Toad don't suffer from this weakness

fanghoul likes this.
  11. Pepperlunatic

Tier placement is fine right now. The problem I am still having is the description for Armed Forces and Brain Freeze. For Armed Forces, you should not claim that she is the best (or 2nd best) defense in the game for she is lot more vulnerable to buff removal and curse than characters like brain freeze and dread lock. Also, it is important to mention that outtakes and silent kills are commonly used by top tier players to counter Armed Forces. As for Brain Freeze, you need to change the last sentence for even you know that Brain Freeze is better on defense than Armed Force(I assume). Also, Epic Sax is not really the counter due to the limitations of Big Band as a character (I got laughed by even mentioning epic sax as counter to the top tier players). I also dislike the way you trivialize Brain Freeze's defense capability as if anyone can counter it in the description. You should know by now that her SA is far more pesky and difficult to counter than many other widely known defense characters.

Edit1: Also you must understand that using low combo character is the counter of brain freeze because if it was that easy, there wouldn't be top tier players complaining about boss room brain freeze at all. Why you might ask, because she has high health overall+modifiers and you won't be able to kill her before she gets her level 3 blockbuster up without the help of bleed. But what if Brain freeze has bleed resist? Well that's why you need to have love crafted.

#11 Pepperlunatic, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  12. fanghoul

You keep saying Silent Kill is a good counter to Armed Forces, but I can tell you I have tried and tried to make that work, but Silent Kill is garbage at it, unless you can get some bleeds going. And if you're going to bleed Armed Forces, obviously you should use someone that has more consistent bleeds than that.

You're taking a character who has the best base stats in the game, and trying to counter them with a character with the worst base stats, and then putting the weaker character at elemental disadvantage. Sure Silent Kill can negate the unflinching if she's lucky, but you're fighting up an enormous hill.

13. Reshiram18

Reshiram18 Well-Known Member

You may just be getting unlucky. I use Silent Kill against Armed Forces in PF grinds all the time and she works well as long as the AF is not a higher FS than my Silent Kill. For the very high streak AF fights I just bring Purrfect Dark for curse because my Silent Kill is only 17k right now

14. Pepperlunatic

I don't have and never used a well trained Silent Kill so I am not sure how players like Moor actually use her to counter things like Armed Force. But based on the discussions and debates I had with them, they were very confident on the usefulness of Silent Kill. Also, they said that you need to make sure that your Silent Kill to be fully leveled up and be diamond to be usable against those tough cookies.

15. theLoneskull

I've only ever tried using Silent Kill to counter an Armed Forces once. I don't see how she's a counter to Armed Forces. Unless you get bleeds going, she suffers from having an already low damage stat eat even more crap because she's as an elemental disadvantage. Negating unflinching and armor is the only real reason she's worth anything against Armed Forces. It's an enormous uphill match which you could make a lot easier with bleeds, curse or UV/Pea Shooter. That being said though, I've only done it once. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing

16. fanghoul

After more than 20 years of hanging out on game forums I guess I don't have a lot less faith in the "top tier" players accurately assessing the difference between their preferences and facts about the game, particularly in a game like this where being top tier is largely a matter of how much cash you're willing to invest in the game.

17. Pepperlunatic

One thing for sure that the ones I talked to barely spend any cash in this game. If you said that to channel 800, you would be bombarded with insults and "git guds" (exaggeration but still they would be highly offended by it)

18. fanghoul

We can definitely agree that they would probably say something like that

theLoneskull likes this.