• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights A extra node in Rift

Yomady

Reaction score
Never thought I'd ask for idea but there isn't much on it, and by the looks of it there are strategies that can be formed with two/three fighters and two catalysts

Just terms of playful in away adding extra damage on the court. Extra catalysts will probably end up sold, might beat the strain of hopping on been possible to make the map?,

Never thought I'd ask for idea but there isn't much on it, and by the looks of it there are strategies that can be formed with two/three fighters and two catalysts

Just terms of playful in away adding extra damage on the court. Extra catalysts will probably end up sold, might beat the strain of hopping on been possible to make the map?,

I'd like to see 1 or 2 more nodes allowing 2 catalysts but not necessarily increase the overall number of nodes. My concern about having more nodes with 2/3 fighters and 2 catalysts is it may further disincentivize rift participation not only due to increase in general difficulty and requirement on offense diversity, but more importantly the longer battle session, which either hightens the sense of urgency to finish the fights within 2 hours (assuming the 2hr limit remains unchanged), or a battle session extended beyond 2hrs. This is bad news for relatively casual players playing the minimum 5/week and if the devs decided to further adjust downward the reward qualification threshold from 5 as a result of increased difficulty/duration, the rankings may be more luck-dependent, as least for the non-serious rifters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lililira
What if we just scrapped the current set up and it's war of attrition set-up, where it's mostly seeing if you can do a half decent job in the final three node and throw what you can together for the rest with the goal of keeping out people without substantial rosters? Catalysts have been an interesting addition, but only really shine when you can stack a couple of them on top of one another or a few of the real good SA/node/catalyst combos.

We could have, like, 4-5 nodes total, but they're all 3v3 nodes with 2-3 catalysts.

I've been thinking since day 1 it would be nice to have the map change occasionally just to mix things up, maybe generate some excitement.

Then we could have gauntlet week, where there's 15 nodes, and they're all 1v1. And that honestly sounds like a real nightmare for some reason, so maybe scratch that idea.

What if we just scrapped the current set up and it's war of attrition set-up, where it's mostly seeing if you can do a half decent job in the final three node and throw what you can together for the rest with the goal of keeping out people without substantial rosters? Catalysts have been an interesting addition, but only really shine when you can stack a couple of them on top of one another or a few of the real good SA/node/catalyst combos.

We could have, like, 4-5 nodes total, but they're all 3v3 nodes with 2-3 catalysts.

I've been thinking since day 1 it would be nice to have the map change occasionally just to mix things up, maybe generate some excitement.

Then we could have gauntlet week, where there's 15 nodes, and they're all 1v1. And that honestly sounds like a real nightmare for some reason, so maybe scratch that idea.

i very much like the idea of fewer nodes with more variables in those nodes. It really comes down to what the mode is supposed to be about. Is it about testing collection size or is it about testing in game skill/node building strategy? The game mode would be more interesting with more variables and a marginally smaller time commitment.