• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters A Purposed "Adjustment" to Fukua Vaporwave Vixen's signature ability.

You cant beat D

Reaction score
This is a short (Ended up longer then I expected) point but I feel it should be known.

Fukua: vaporwave vixen's signature ability is unlike any other in the game, but it's wording beholds a small problem.
Signature ability 1 states: "After IDLING or WALKING for x second(s) without suffering a HIT, gain UNGLINCHING."
This sounds fine, but then read signature ability 2: "After Fukua and her opponent have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

This sounds fine on paper, but there's a small issue, attacks that have already landed but take time to deal damage, still count towards spent of both Fukua and her opponent not being hit, this means even after successfully closing in the gap and playing aggressively to counter her ability, she can still gain thorns and miasma, punishing you for doing so, this negatively impacts fighters who have strong attacks with slow wind up before the damage, most notably being Squiggly, Eliza, Cerebella, and worse of all Beowulf.

Worse yet, is that the time spent in the air, and in recovery frames where she is Completely intangible until she's completed her recovery animation, both count to the timer of her Signature ability, meaning if you are not standing right next to her when she gets up, she can gain a stack of thorns and miasma with absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

There are other fighters that can counter her with curse, hex, or flat out removal of buffs, but with how defensive the AI can be, how risky it can be to pressure it for an opening, and how devastating the effect of those buffs are even at a mere one each, even with her defined counters she still becomes a troublesome opponent by herself, and this... would be completely fine, if not for her valuable team synergy in prize fights and rifts alike.

With the addition of evergreen evil, not only do fukua's gained buffs become significantly longer, but provide more meter for evergreen evil.
In addition to main stay catalysts that improve any fighter, her being an air element allows her use of catalysts like overload, being able to stun an opponent to gain even more buffs, and into thin air, making a normal counter like red velvet a hard choice to use, especially if blockbusted is thrown in alongside it.

All that Aside, I don't believe vixen needs a heavy change, a lot of what was just mentioned, is a fact of people combining variants to make good teams as intended, but the part of vixen that makes this all too much, is the wording in her second signature ability.
so what I am purposing is something that would be more of a slight adjustment to it.

OLD SA2: "After Fukua and her opponent have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

NEW SA2: "After Fukua and her opponent are standing and have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

This one change would make vixen a little more fair to fight, the internal clock for when her SA Starts, wouldn't begin unless she was fully standing up, be it idle, running, walking, or wiffing attacks, attacks that take too long to deal damage after they've already connected, such as Cerebella's merry-go-rilla, and diamond drop, or Beowulf's air wulf and wulf shoot, would now be able to be preformed without the threat of self damage and drained health, and moves that end with the opponent having to recover, before they can be hit again such as any move that knocks someone into air before they fall down i:e Peacock's Badwagon or big band's super sonic jazz, would now all be viable choices against vixen, since she isn't granted a free stack of buffs for being knocked down, when the whole theme of her SA Is to not be doing anything at all.

Thank you for reading and I hope an idea of this sort is one day taken into consideration.
I Tried to be as unbiased as possible, but I have yet to use vixen offensively, so if you believe this will unfairly ruin her offensive potential, or if you think that her SA Should only be: "while Fukua is standing" instead of " while Fukua and her opponent are standing" so she still gets rewarded for knocking people down, then please let me know below, I believe Vixen should be changed, but I am but one type of player, in one place of the world, in a game full of thousands of others, who I'm sure all have an opinion, and it's that collective opinion that will ultimately determine if change is made or not.

Start complaining about vixen everywhere so we can get her nerfed already ;)

This is a short (Ended up longer then I expected) point but I feel it should be known.

Fukua: vaporwave vixen's signature ability is unlike any other in the game, but it's wording beholds a small problem.
Signature ability 1 states: "After IDLING or WALKING for x second(s) without suffering a HIT, gain UNGLINCHING."
This sounds fine, but then read signature ability 2: "After Fukua and her opponent have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

This sounds fine on paper, but there's a small issue, attacks that have already landed but take time to deal damage, still count towards spent of both Fukua and her opponent not being hit, this means even after successfully closing in the gap and playing aggressively to counter her ability, she can still gain thorns and miasma, punishing you for doing so, this negatively impacts fighters who have strong attacks with slow wind up before the damage, most notably being Squiggly, Eliza, Cerebella, and worse of all Beowulf.

Worse yet, is that the time spent in the air, and in recovery frames where she is Completely intangible until she's completed her recovery animation, both count to the timer of her Signature ability, meaning if you are not standing right next to her when she gets up, she can gain a stack of thorns and miasma with absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

There are other fighters that can counter her with curse, hex, or flat out removal of buffs, but with how defensive the AI can be, how risky it can be to pressure it for an opening, and how devastating the effect of those buffs are even at a mere one each, even with her defined counters she still becomes a troublesome opponent by herself, and this... would be completely fine, if not for her valuable team synergy in prize fights and rifts alike.

With the addition of evergreen evil, not only do fukua's gained buffs become significantly longer, but provide more meter for evergreen evil.
In addition to main stay catalysts that improve any fighter, her being an air element allows her use of catalysts like overload, being able to stun an opponent to gain even more buffs, and into thin air, making a normal counter like red velvet a hard choice to use, especially if blockbusted is thrown in alongside it.

All that Aside, I don't believe vixen needs a heavy change, a lot of what was just mentioned, is a fact of people combining variants to make good teams as intended, but the part of vixen that makes this all too much, is the wording in her second signature ability.
so what I am purposing is something that would be more of a slight adjustment to it.

OLD SA2: "After Fukua and her opponent have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

NEW SA2: "After Fukua and her opponent are standing and have not suffered a HIT (includes blocked hits) for 2 seconds, gain THORNS and MIASMA for X seconds."

This one change would make vixen a little more fair to fight, the internal clock for when her SA Starts, wouldn't begin unless she was fully standing up, be it idle, running, walking, or wiffing attacks, attacks that take too long to deal damage after they've already connected, such as Cerebella's merry-go-rilla, and diamond drop, or Beowulf's air wulf and wulf shoot, would now be able to be preformed without the threat of self damage and drained health, and moves that end with the opponent having to recover, before they can be hit again such as any move that knocks someone into air before they fall down i:e Peacock's Badwagon or big band's super sonic jazz, would now all be viable choices against vixen, since she isn't granted a free stack of buffs for being knocked down, when the whole theme of her SA Is to not be doing anything at all.

Thank you for reading and I hope an idea of this sort is one day taken into consideration.
I Tried to be as unbiased as possible, but I have yet to use vixen offensively, so if you believe this will unfairly ruin her offensive potential, or if you think that her SA Should only be: "while Fukua is standing" instead of " while Fukua and her opponent are standing" so she still gets rewarded for knocking people down, then please let me know below, I believe Vixen should be changed, but I am but one type of player, in one place of the world, in a game full of thousands of others, who I'm sure all have an opinion, and it's that collective opinion that will ultimately determine if change is made or not.

Start complaining about vixen everywhere so we can get her nerfed already ;)
Personally I have no issue with VV. She's tough on defense but so are other fighters like Overclocked and RE. Her counters are the same as theirs so I'm missing the problem.

Let me just note that I'm strongly against nerfing fighters. Players invest in what's strong and works for them. You change that and everyone who put forward the resources gets very cranky. Every major update I hold my breath and wait to see who gets nerfed next and pray it isn't one of my evolved dias.

Rather than pushing nerfs, create better counters. As you pointed out, there are so many for VV, from the casual PurrD to Doublicious and SK. Even Red Velvet would be a fabulous counter, plus you get elemental bonus.

I'd be more afraid to face bioexorcist or splitting image myself.

Reactions: Sendy and Stone