• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights About the chrono

God Ukemi

Reaction score
It's totally unfair that I have 3players still alive and full health, the enemy only has 1 player with a very low health point then the chrono stops and I lose...Kinda unfair.
So the team with the most health bar should win

Reactions: Terra
I think that change would alter the metagame too much.

I think that change would alter the metagame too much.
But it's totally unfair man, they should follow the same rule like the other fighting games, for example in tekken when your life point is under 70℅ and oppenent under 60 or 50℅ defintely you should win when the time is up

But it's totally unfair man, they should follow the same rule like the other fighting games, for example in tekken when your life point is under 70℅ and oppenent under 60 or 50℅ defintely you should win when the time is up
This is true for conventional fighting games where stats and health are a 'fixed variable'. SGM is a bit different in that fighters are customizable and it is very easy to level up a team that has huge HP and Defense, have Armor, can regain health and even revive defeated teammates, all which leads to running out the 3 min clock every match. No one likes to play or watch a 'turtling' fight.

It takes some getting used that there are no TKOs in SGM. And once you appreciate that, the game becomes much more fun and challenging. GL!

This is true for conventional fighting games where stats and health are a 'fixed variable'. SGM is a bit different in that fighters are customizable and it is very easy to level up a team that has huge HP and Defense, have Armor, can regain health and even revive defeated teammates, all which leads to running out the 3 min clock every match. No one likes to play or watch a 'turtling' fight.

It takes some getting used that there are no TKOs in SGM. And once you appreciate that, the game becomes much more fun and challenging. GL!
At least it could not delete the prize fights winning streak if you loose by time out. I can deal with not winning by time out even if I had lots of HP more when time runs out, but, I lost many PF streaks because time outs just exactly because that, somehow the opponent turtled it out with revives or heals, and that's unfair I think

At least it could not delete the prize fights winning streak if you loose by time out. I can deal with not winning by time out even if I had lots of HP more when time runs out, but, I lost many PF streaks because time outs just exactly because that, somehow the opponent turtled it out with revives or heals, and that's unfair I think
I went through the same adjustment when I first started SGM. In arcade-style fighting games, there has to be a winner, it just made more sense to give the win to the player with more health and move on. Since SGM tracks defensive wins too, I think the Devs gave the AI teams the benefit of surviving a match that times out the win. Think of it as Time in SGM is on the defending team's side and can only be defeated if all other teammates are defeated first.

It is any different from say, a platformer game that has a health bar vs one that has a health bar AND a timer? No matter how much health you have or how close you are to the end point, you run out of time, you still lose and start the level over.

It used to infuriate me too, first time it happenned I almost put my phone though the wall. However, when you really think about it in the long term health of the game there is really no other way to keep the game challenging.

Think about it this way, if I could win PFs by Time Out I would just make a team of Dream Band, Splitting Image and Kill Joy and just AFK my way to a 300 streak.

I do however think there should be a better way to communicate this to new players since it runs very counterintuitively to traditional fighting games and is quite a shock the first time it happens.