• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Add a setting to reduce the amount and intensity of flashing

Small Band

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I’m not epileptic or anything. Sometimes, I simply find the amount and intensity of flashing to be... too high. I’d like to not draw as much attention on public transport, or in university, or when I have a migraine etc etc.

I’ll be honest, I’m not epileptic or anything. Sometimes, I simply find the amount and intensity of flashing to be... too high. I’d like to not draw as much attention on public transport, or in university, or when I have a migraine etc etc.
Could you provide some examples of when the flashing goes overboard?

Could you provide some examples of when the flashing goes overboard?
For me, it’s the general amount. Flashing at the beginning of the fight, three times for each knockout, some blockbusters (Valentine’s BB3 (not EKG) comes to mind instantly, I think there were some others) flash.
By no means I actually insist on this, if you’ve had input from people who suffer from photosensitivity and/or epilepsy, and they found it to be alright, so be it.

Reactions: Psyche
For me, it’s the general amount. Flashing at the beginning of the fight, three times for each knockout, some blockbusters (Valentine’s BB3 (not EKG) comes to mind instantly, I think there were some others) flash.
By no means I actually insist on this, if you’ve had input from people who suffer from photosensitivity and/or epilepsy, and they found it to be alright, so be it.
The amount of flashing is the same as Skullgirls for console and PC, and there haven't been any issues with photo sensitivity or things like it there, so I think we're mostly in the clear.

If anyone does have issues with the flashing on round start and such, I would love to hear from them!

The amount of flashing is the same as Skullgirls for console and PC, and there haven't been any issues with photo sensitivity or things like it there, so I think we're mostly in the clear.

If anyone does have issues with the flashing on round start and such, I would love to hear from them!
Oh, I have only played the original game for a couple months when it was released, maybe I’m not used to it. Thank you for the response!

I sometimes get migraines from flashing lights, or sometimes just finding them unusually painful to see. For a first order estimate of the scale of my problems, I was left in pain for days by the new Incredibles movie. Yay! I also find a variety of flashing color changing toys people love to give my 6 year old completely unbearable to be around.

I generally have not had problems with this game though, except for one week where I was already having migraines. That time I had to quit playing the game entirely for a few days until that cleared up.

Flashing round start was an issue, so were various moves. I confess I've mostly blocked out those memories so I don't have an exhaustive list of what caused problems, and I'm not about to induce a migraine to review the moves further ;)

I'm not entirely happy with the new feature where characters start flashing colors rapidly after being hit by various effects, but that hasn't caused me any problems so far. It might though if I'm already having a migraine, but as stated before, the game's already impossible for me to play if that's the case.

Hope that's helps!

Reactions: Liam
To be honest my problem is the sheer amount of them in a somewhat short amount of time, matches are generally much much shorter than in the PC version of Skullgirls, and even shorter if you're breezing through fights. I also tend to get this migraine problem if I play through enough matches, and I start shutting my eyes when I know an opponent is going to die just to avoid the flashes.

It's kind of like x-rays and alcohol if you pace it then yeah you'll be fine but take enough in a short period of time then whoo boy

Reactions: fanghoul