• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

All combat effects explained!

Do Haste and Slow not remove each other?

Are you sure that Doom does not proc even if the fighter is on bench? I am sure in about 90% it will kill tagged out character.
The timer is supposed to be paused while characters are on the bench.

If you come across a fighter dying while they are on the bench inflicted by doom, we'd love to hear about it as a bug report!

Reactions: Psyche
Can somebody post an image of each status effect? I remember being a new player and not knowing which effect was which for awhile.

Can somebody post an image of each status effect? I remember being a new player and not knowing which effect was which for awhile.
It's worth noting that if you pause the game while affected by a status effect, then the pause screen will show a picture of the status icon followed by a description of the effect.

Reactions: Boboflesserdoom
It's worth noting that if you pause the game while affected by a status effect, then the pause screen will show a picture of the status icon followed by a description of the effect.
Very true, but I don't think the images exist on the forum in a compendium-like format.

Trying to wrap my mind around stacks.

Let's say Peacock kicks Big Band in the shin for 100 damage.

If Big Band had Armor, then the stacks would absorb the damage like so?
1 Armor = 25% damage reduction = -75 HP
2 Armor = 50% damage reduction = -50 HP
3 Armor = 75% damage reduction = -25 HP
4 Armor = 100% damage reduction = zero damage
5 Armor = 125% damage reduction = practically invincible

Suppose Peacock accidentally dropped her ice cream cone, so she is enraged.
1 Enrage = 20% damage increase
2 Enrage = 40% damage increase
3 Enrage = 60% damage increase
4 Enrage = 80% damage increase
5 Enrage = 100% damage increase (that's double damage, right?)

Pretty straight forward until you combine them. When stacks collide with other stacks. Feels like a question from a math quiz. If a fully enraged Peacock (5 stacks) throws a bowling ball (1,000 base damage) at Big Band with 4 stacks of armor (100% damage vs. 100% damage reduction), what happens? Why does armor go to five stacks if 4 seems to be sufficient?

Trying to wrap my mind around stacks.

Let's say Peacock kicks Big Band in the shin for 100 damage.

If Big Band had Armor, then the stacks would absorb the damage like so?
1 Armor = 25% damage reduction = -75 HP
2 Armor = 50% damage reduction = -50 HP
3 Armor = 75% damage reduction = -25 HP
4 Armor = 100% damage reduction = zero damage
5 Armor = 125% damage reduction = practically invincible

Suppose Peacock accidentally dropped her ice cream cone, so she is enraged.
1 Enrage = 20% damage increase
2 Enrage = 40% damage increase
3 Enrage = 60% damage increase
4 Enrage = 80% damage increase
5 Enrage = 100% damage increase (that's double damage, right?)

Pretty straight forward until you combine them. When stacks collide with other stacks. Feels like a question from a math quiz. If a fully enraged Peacock (5 stacks) throws a bowling ball (1,000 base damage) at Big Band with 4 stacks of armor (100% damage vs. 100% damage reduction), what happens? Why does armor go to five stacks if 4 seems to be sufficient?
If any fighter has at least 4 stacks of armor they take zero damage from attacks, regardless of stacks of enrage on the attacker. I believe this is because the game calculates damage modifiers as such (using your Peacock vs. Big Band example): Peacock throws the bowling ball and the game says it should do 1000 damage with the 4 enrage stacks. When it hits Big Band, it looks at his armor and alters that 1000 damage according to his armor stacks. So even though Peacock is doing double damage, that damage gets reduced by 100%, since armor is calculated afterward.

Just want to add that final stand actually prevents doom from killing you.

Reactions: Psyche
If any fighter has at least 4 stacks of armor they take zero damage from attacks, regardless of stacks of enrage on the attacker. I believe this is because the game calculates damage modifiers as such (using your Peacock vs. Big Band example): Peacock throws the bowling ball and the game says it should do 1000 damage with the 4 enrage stacks. When it hits Big Band, it looks at his armor and alters that 1000 damage according to his armor stacks. So even though Peacock is doing double damage, that damage gets reduced by 100%, since armor is calculated afterward.
And what about Defense% + Armor? If I have +50% defense and 2 stack of armor? It's 0 damage taken or it's (1000/2=500) --> (500/2=250)

And what about Defense% + Armor? If I have +50% defense and 2 stack of armor? It's 0 damage taken or it's (1000/2=500) --> (500/2=250)
The former is the case. I guess it should be explained like this: Defense% reduces damage by the given %, and the stat itself can be brought up to 50%. Any stack of armor acts as +25% defense each. So having 50% defense is the same as always having 2 stacks of armor, except obviously you can still stack Armor buffs up to 5 in a battle and the Defense% stat cannot be removed by the Armor Break debuff.

Reactions: Diony
After, let's say you have the maximum allowed amount of 50% defence. If you get at least 2 stacks of Armor, you will take 0 damage, at least in theory that's how it should work.
Unless they have piercing that ignores any armor or defense which a 33% does really good damage