• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Allow gold characters to give shards

BambooEarpick

Reaction score
In regards to players with a collection of golden PF reward characters, for gold PF there is no incentive to get top 10% or better if you're trying to farm gold characters. Getting a silver character will get you 4% to a random gold instead of a duplicate which more seasoned players will probably not need or care about.
They'll likely already have enough golds to become diamond fodder.

If they do have a gold character they want that doesn't come from PF (many!) then it's better for them to get 30% to get a silver for the shards instead of a gold.

This is a perverse incentive and does not reward "optimal" play.

To combat this, I suggest that gold characters give out 80 shards (or 8%). If this is too much then having gold characters just give out 40 shards -- comparable to a silver -- is likely sufficient.

In regards to players with a collection of golden PF reward characters, for gold PF there is no incentive to get top 10% or better if you're trying to farm gold characters. Getting a silver character will get you 4% to a random gold instead of a duplicate which more seasoned players will probably not need or care about.

If they do have a gold character they want that doesn't come from PF (many!) then it's better for them to get 30% to get a silver for the shards instead of a gold.

This is a perverse incentive and does not reward "optimal" play.

To combat this, I suggest that gold characters give out 80 shards (or 8%). If this is too much then having gold characters just give out 40 shards -- comparable to a silver -- is likely sufficient.
Considering each diamond evolution requires 5 golds I think there's a pretty good reason to grind for top 10%. I'd argue that its easier to grind PFs for a gold fodder than it is to grind a silver to level 40 and find 4 more silvers for a gold fodder. You're also missing out on a lot of experience if you decide to stop playing PFs right before the top 10% milestone.

If someone wants a random gold character they can go for top 30%, if someone wants a diamond character, they can go for top 10%. In my opinion that sounds fair.

Alright, then you mothers and you brothers better get really high scores so I end up in 30% 'cause I still need EXP.

for gold PF there is no incentive to get top 10% or better if you're trying to farm gold characters.
I disagree, here's what I'm thinking~!
I don't think that this is true, and if it were the case, it wouldn't be forever.

There will be many players who can immediately evolve Golds to Diamonds at the start of 2.4 due to players collecting Golds for a year with nowhere to spend them.

After those Golds are exhausted, Diamond food will come from the Prize Fights that you deem unoptimal, and they will also come from evolution. The elemental Prize Fights will focus on Gold shards (and elemental supplies) which will be used to secure non Prize Fight Golds at an unprecedented rate.

500 Gold Shards for top 10% gives you one random Gold every 2 weeks. This alone should hopefully make up for any disappointment you have about Gold fighters not giving you that 4% towards a Gold Relic, imo.

If you are trying to farm unique Golds, elemental Prize Fights will be the way to go. If you are trying to farm Golds for the purposes of food for Diamonds, Gold Character Prize Fights will be there for you.

If anything, wouldn't ignoring potential Golds be unoptimal? It's good to prepare for the future! As we mentioned in our update notes, we have some extremely challenging content on the way -- a Diamond fighter or two or three will make your life a lot easier. As we introduce competitive and collaborative content, Diamond fighters will also be a powerful tool for you and your squad.

Just my 2c =)

I disagree, here's what I'm thinking~!

I don't think that this is true, and if it were the case, it wouldn't be forever.

There will be many players who can immediately evolve Golds to Diamonds at the start of 2.4 due to players collecting Golds for a year with nowhere to spend them.

After those Golds are exhausted, Diamond food will come from the Prize Fights that you deem unoptimal, and they will also come from evolution. The elemental Prize Fights will focus on Gold shards (and elemental supplies) which will be used to secure non Prize Fight Golds at an unprecedented rate.

500 Gold Shards for top 10% gives you one random Gold every 2 weeks. This alone should hopefully make up for any disappointment you have about Gold fighters not giving you that 4% towards a Gold Relic, imo.

If you are trying to farm unique Golds, elemental Prize Fights will be the way to go. If you are trying to farm Golds for the purposes of food for Diamonds, Gold Character Prize Fights will be there for you.

If anything, wouldn't ignoring potential Golds be unoptimal? It's good to prepare for the future! As we mentioned in our update notes, we have some extremely challenging content on the way -- a Diamond fighter or two or three will make your life a lot easier. As we introduce competitive and collaborative content, Diamond fighters will also be a powerful tool for you and your squad.

Just my 2c =)
I was just about to post this screenshot from Psychotron as an example
upload_2018-6-29_17-30-13.png
We didn't know about the gold shards before today so this is really a welcome surprise!

My idea in that regard would be instead of silver or gold shards that gold characters give 40 or so shards of their respective element.

for example if you obtain a Primed parasoul you get 40 dark elemental shards for it.

It would be along the lines of "Every character of a lower rarity gets you closer to higher rarities"

Last edited:
My idea in that regard would be instead of silver or gold shards that gold characters give 40 or so shards of their respective element.

for example if you obtain a Primed parasoul you get 40 dark elemental shards for it.

It would be along the lines of "Every character of a lower rarity gets you closer higher rarities"
I think that's a pretty good idea, but it would likely take a lot of dev time to implement. I'll share the suggestion with the team and see how far it flies!

Reactions: Takio and fanghoul
I was just about to post this screenshot from Psychotron as an example
View attachment 1029
We didn't know about the gold shards before today so this is really a welcome surprise!

I wasn't aware that we'd be receiving character shards AND relics in the new Elemental PFs.
I was originally under the impression that they'd only pay out in elemental shards.

I withdraw my original statement as character acquisition is going to be faster than I expected.
I was working with incomplete data and I based my 'suggestion' on it.
I take full responsibility for the shameful display I've put on.
Apologies.

All hail HV for being damn awesome.