• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights An indicator when the AI is about to use a BB3

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Many people have been unhappy about BB3s being unblockable, with many a thread on this forum.
Combined with the AI being very unpredictable with their usage of Blockbusters, where they sometimes immediately use their BB3, while other times they don't for over a minute - being hit by (and in turn killed by) one can be very frustrating.
Especially when you only have one or two carries for leveling fodder.

So if we keep the unblockable part of BB3s, why not give a small indicator for when an enemy is about to use a BB3 maybe 1-3 seconds beforehand, so you at least have a chance of minimizing their lethality by switching to a different fighter or quickly using a taunt.

Maybe that would also give Peacock's and Painwheels Character Abilities an actual use for evading BB3s.

I don't have any evidence, but it always seemed to me that the AI ususally whipped out a BB3 a bit after the player used one. The higher pfs and Accursed Experiments being an exception?

I notice that usually the AI uses the BB3 after they block a special move or a tag in.
Sometimes they do even if you hit or after you hit then with a combo, but that's usually what happens

BB3s dont matter because a ground combo will kill you at 40 streak haha

In all seriousness I think that makes it a bit too easy. They already lowered how frequently the AI uses it. BB3s are a good way to limit the player to their relative amount of progress, along with the timer.

BB3s dont matter because a ground combo will kill you at 40 streak haha

In all seriousness I think that makes it a bit too easy. They already lowered how frequently the AI uses it. BB3s are a good way to limit the player to their relative amount of progress, along with the timer.
If i die to a ground combo it's at least my own mistake (usually) - but with BB3s it's a roll of the dice.
Does the enemy use it? You're dead.

And on top of that it seems very unpredictable.

Today i've had a fight where the enemy Painwheel used it the second her meter filled up, while another time a whole team of 3 fighters didn't use it any at all.

This is all more of a problem with me being frustrated with the streak system in general i suppose, as BB3s only become a problem when enemies start getting bonus stats, but being reset to half an hour of boring fights by an unblockable attack is simply frustrating at the end of the day.

I notice that usually the AI uses the BB3 after they block a special move or a tag in.
Sometimes they do even if you hit or after you hit then with a combo, but that's usually what happens

I don't have any evidence, but it always seemed to me that the AI ususally whipped out a BB3 a bit after the player used one. The higher pfs and Accursed Experiments being an exception?
Hm for me it seems entirely random as outlined in the reply above.

for me 90% of the time the AI will only use BB3s if I try and fail to hit her, it seems they are meant to be a punishment for your mistakes. I have to keep blocking every time they unlock their BB3 because of this

Reactions: MatDestruction
for me 90% of the time the AI will only use BB3s if I try and fail to hit her, it seems they are meant to be a punishment for your mistakes. I have to keep blocking every time they unlock their BB3 because of this

agreed,except it's more like 99% of the time lol. There're of course exceptions: 1. When the AI team is on their last leg, i.e. they've only 1 fighter left with very little health. 2. In SMYM pf 3. In the silver Squigly pf where the modifier allows the revival of a fallen AI team member if the player fighter is defeated with a BB.

Reactions: PHPP
agreed,except it's more like 99% of the time lol. There're of course exceptions: 1. When the AI team is on their last leg, i.e. they've only 1 fighter left with very little health. 2. In SMYM pf 3. In the silver Squigly pf where the modifier allows the revival of a fallen AI team member if the player fighter is defeated with a BB.
while i now noticed them now using BB3s now as well when they block a special, there's still plenty of times i see them use it even when all 3 fighters are still alive without any earlier "provocation" in that sense.

Which is frustrating

Many people have been unhappy about BB3s being unblockable, with many a thread on this forum.
Combined with the AI being very unpredictable with their usage of Blockbusters, where they sometimes immediately use their BB3, while other times they don't for over a minute - being hit by (and in turn killed by) one can be very frustrating.
Especially when you only have one or two carries for leveling fodder.

So if we keep the unblockable part of BB3s, why not give a small indicator for when an enemy is about to use a BB3 maybe 1-3 seconds beforehand, so you at least have a chance of minimizing their lethality by switching to a different fighter or quickly using a taunt.

Maybe that would also give Peacock's and Painwheels Character Abilities an actual use for evading BB3s.

I hear you there, but, wouldn't giving Peacock / Painwheel's character abilities the ability to evade BB3's a bit too useful? I say this only because either way a BB3 is unblockable, but even should Peacock dodge a piece of a BB3, I doubt she or Painwheel ought to be able to evade them completely.

That aside, being able to have a small indicator is a nice thought, though, I feel like with the way they did turn down the usage of BB3's, right now my problem is not going crazy internally screaming "DIE DIE DIE" like Weird Al Yankovic and trying to rush through the fight and THEN take a BB3 to the face. In terms of grinding? I'd say it's an annoying balancing point, the real enemy is when the opponent uses a BB3, kills one fighter, and then they switch to another person and use their NEXT BB3. Total annihilation.

Reactions: MatDestruction
I hear you there, but, wouldn't giving Peacock / Painwheel's character abilities the ability to evade BB3's a bit too useful? I say this only because either way a BB3 is unblockable, but even should Peacock dodge a piece of a BB3, I doubt she or Painwheel ought to be able to evade them completely

I know you can kinda avoid most damage from some BB3 using Sekmeth form, for example, Big Band's SUTB will only do the damage from "creating" his things, with is negligible. Fillia's Fenrir Driver will not knock her up and the list goes on.
BB3 with Grabs like Peacock's Good Fellow will never miss