• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Beowulf's Airwulf and Wulfamania KO effect

Disasterrr19

Reaction score
When Beowulf uses Airwulf and Wulfamania in Hype Mode to defeat the opponent, we see an additional animation of a Penguin Referee counting down three seconds of opponent being pinned down until KO happens.

While looking cool as heck, this animation does not add anything in terms of combat effects. I think that it could be a great, strategic, and logical addition to these finishers if the opponent pinned down like that would not be able to revive (similar to the effect of Robo's CCO). The countdown means that KO is final and ultimate, right?

This would be very useful against Last Hope, Plot Twisted, Blessing stacks, revive modifier in some Master Daily Boss nodes, etc. This would also require some strategic planning like keeping your Hype stacks for the final blow, using outtakes to make the reviving opponent the last one.

What do you think?

I think this is an interesting idea, although it might end up being too powerful. I could see permadeath being extended to a Beowulf's SA, for both Airwulf and Wulfmania. Maybe it would fit on a variant like Dragon Brawler, which may make an interesting choice considering both of the aforementioned moves are heavy on grabs, which cannot crit.

Probably I was not good enough with the explanations. What I'm suggesting is not "permadeath" per se - it's a denial of immediate self-resurrection in the end of the whole fight. If I remember correctly, penguin referee animation does not appear when you defeat the first or second fighter on opponent's team - it should be the last one, the final victory. Therefore, an opponent would have no chance to use any other means of revival (Forbidden Procedure, Moonstruck's SA, Kill Joy, etc.) except self-revival.

This would significantly limit the number of characters vulnerable to this perk (Last Hope, Big Top, Robocopy, Plot Twisted, any debuffed Squigly with RtS Catalyst, any character with Blessing stacks). If you defeat the first or second fighter with Wulfamania or Airwulf in Hype Mode, there would be no penguin animation, and the defeated fighters can be revived as usual (since they have some time to catch their breath while resting on the ground after the beatdown).

And if you've already taken down the last Fighter to the near-death point, then you've almost won anyway, so I don't see such change to be overpowered. Right now I don't see Beowulf in general being a good counterpick against any other Fighter, whatever he can do with the grabs, Bella can do better. This will give an incentive to pick him at least in some match-ups.

Probably I was not good enough with the explanations. What I'm suggesting is not "permadeath" per se - it's a denial of immediate self-resurrection in the end of the whole fight. If I remember correctly, penguin referee animation does not appear when you defeat the first or second fighter on opponent's team - it should be the last one, the final victory. Therefore, an opponent would have no chance to use any other means of revival (Forbidden Procedure, Moonstruck's SA, Kill Joy, etc.) except self-revival.

This would significantly limit the number of characters vulnerable to this perk (Last Hope, Big Top, Robocopy, Plot Twisted, any debuffed Squigly with RtS Catalyst, any character with Blessing stacks). If you defeat the first or second fighter with Wulfamania or Airwulf in Hype Mode, there would be no penguin animation, and the defeated fighters can be revived as usual (since they have some time to catch their breath while resting on the ground after the beatdown).

And if you've already taken down the last Fighter to the near-death point, then you've almost won anyway, so I don't see such change to be overpowered. Right now I don't see Beowulf in general being a good counterpick against any other Fighter, whatever he can do with the grabs, Bella can do better. This will give an incentive to pick him at least in some match-ups.
I think this would be a heavy counter to Kill Joy if it did transition directly to the win screen, stop self rez etc. I would agree it wouldn't be a huge difference in most other cases. I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but I could see it being too powerful. I'm generally for adding more counter-play to resurrection in general, so I do think this could be a good idea. Would make sense too IMO. Just a question of balance.

I think this would be a heavy counter to Kill Joy if it did transition directly to the win screen
Obviously, it should not work on Kill Joy, since she is reviving others, not herself. The result would be in part like Precision hit: Precision ignores any kind of SA but can't counter Blessing, while this one only ignores self-revival abilities (including Blessing).