• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Beowulf's Gigan Arm sweep recovery frames take too long when used at the end of a combo

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Not sure if this is to be considered a bug exactly, but i wanted to bring it up regardless.

When hitting an enemy with Gigan Arm Swing after doing an air juggle finisher, it takes longer for Beowulf to recover from the animation, than for the hit enemy to stand up again.

That means even though the enemy was hit by the ability, they can still punish you for using it, since they gain control of their character faster than Beowulf does, making it very risky to use the move at the end of a combo.
I think the problem is that the enemy isn't being launched as far into the air by the ability after it's used after finsihed the Juggle finish, compared to when it's used in "neutral".

The window for the punish is really short it seems, but since the AI knows exactly when it can start attacking again, it is able to attack before you can block with Beowulf.

I haven't had any problem with using other abilities as a combo finisher on other characters, so it would be inconsistent for Beowulf to be punished for it.

Yeah, this is definitely an aspect of Gigan Arm Sweep that makes it not as attractive to use compared to, say Hurting Hurdle. Definitely intentional though, I would think. Best when used away from the corner, so there's at least a little more distance between your Beo and the enemy.