• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Big Band's beatdown is broken?

Idk. Just a silly little observation of mine. At least now I can call buer overdrive autism overdrive, unless that's offensive to you guys.
But I'm not sure about the offensive characters meta you're suggesting. If anything, the game favors combos. Look at Sekhmet. She's nearly useless because EVERYONE just blocks her attacks, making diva intervention nearly useless unless you can chain into her. Armed forces and res evil are two characters that circumvent this. We need other characters that can easily access something like unflinching or armor. Untouchable sorta had the right idea, but stopped just short of actually getting there. I feel like having a skin that worked like the opposite of epic sax (where it would REDUCE damage per hit taken up to 50%) would fit in better. Thoughts?

In general, we need more gold tier passives. (Resonant Evil Big Band is silver but is gold worthy) We can expect to get more later down the line I suppose so all we can do is wait. Also, I'm not sure I really like the reduce damage per combo hit passive since that's almost only relevant against Big Bands and certain unblockables and is something the AI would utilize more than the player. It's basically a watered down version of armor when hit. (which is already invincibility at 4 stacks, less stacks required when equipped with %DEF items)

I give more points to Primed Parasoul because of her bleeds and Parasouls just having inherently good attack stats and combos. Napalm Shower into Silent Scope/Motor Brigade is also deliciously powerful.
Big Band has much more utility in stuns and a plethora of buffs, as well as the ability to ignore enemy charge attacks to begin a combo.

Not to mention all the different combos you have at your disposal as Big Band, extended if you stun (a 7/8 chance to happen) with Cymbal Clash. Big Band's BBs and SMs mesh well and flow into each other smoothly, unlike many of Parasoul's kit, IMO.

Reactions: JarlBeimar