• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Can First Cut cause permableed on bleed-resistant character variants inflicted with curse?

Robokit

Reaction score
Specifically, is permableed possible on Bloodbath or Valentine with ICU MA if they're suffering from curse?

Reactions: .Ron
They can be inflicted with normal bleeds while they are cursed (or hexed in case of Bloodbath). I believe you don't even need to curse them to inflict perma bleeds since they are already vulnerable to perma bleeds.

Reactions: Robokit and .Ron
They can be inflicted with normal bleeds while they are cursed (or hexed in case of Bloodbath). I believe you don't even need to curse them to inflict perma bleeds since they are already vulnerable to perma bleeds.

Thanks!

I wonder though apart from Xenomorph's SA and some fight modifiers, how do you apply permableed to Bloodbath(if not hexed or cursed) or Vals with ICU (if not cursed) ?

I'd still like to know if Filia's First Cut MA could apply permableed to these fighters under said conditions bcuz it could affect the choice of MA for Filia variants such as Dread Locks in rifts.

Filia's MA doesn't apply perma bleeds. It makes the bleeds applied to be permanent. As it needs two hits to apply, it will never be able to procc in Val and BB's case.

First cut is the best option for Dreadlocks, either way.

Reactions: Robokit
Filia's MA doesn't apply perma bleeds. It makes the bleeds applied to be permanent. As it needs two hits to apply, it will never be able to procc in Val and BB's case.

First cut is the best option for Dreadlocks, either way.

Thanks for the input GT :)
I understand Filia's First Cut does what you said it does, but I also know for a fact that Bloodbath(if hexed/cursed) and ICU Val do bleed when cursed. Also a Filia with First Cut could turn non-perma bleed into permableed even when the opponent is blocking.

That's why I'm wondering whether First Cut could turn bleed into permableed on BB and ICU Val if they're cursed, and later specifically contextualized the question around Dread Locks in rift, cuz you can imagine a cursed BB/ICU Val hitting Dread Locks and being inflicted with bleed, then blocks or gets hit by DL.

Btw, I do see some ppl put Leech on DL , perhaps for stalling purposes in rift or to bleed out and outlast the opponent in PFs.

Last edited:
I'd still like to know if Filia's First Cut MA could apply permableed to these fighters under said conditions
You need to bleed them while they are cursed/hexed and then even if curse/hex is expired Filia can still turn existing bleeds into perma bleeds.
Filia's MA doesn't apply perma bleeds. It makes the bleeds applied to be permanent.
Actually she does. When TFC procs, Filia dispels all bleeds on her enemy and inflicts perma bleeds instead.

You need to bleed them while they are cursed/hexed and then even if curse/hex is expired Filia can still turn existing bleeds into perma bleeds.

Actually she does. When TFC procs, Filia dispels all bleeds on her enemy and inflicts perma bleeds instead.

Many thanks for clarifying this eray!

And kudos for shedding light on this oft-neglected implementation detail, I do remember, while playing Parasite Weave, feeling somewhat puzzled when several stacks of non-perma bleed turn permanent but with a lower stack number.

Btw, I do see some ppl put Leech on DL , perhaps for stalling purposes in rift or to bleed out and outlast the opponent in PFs.
I use Leech with my DL because The First Cut turned out to be quite useless for me in Rift Defence. 95% of players (including me) would choose ICU Val or BB to fight DL to avoid bleeds, so there would be nothing to convert to permableeds. To apply DL's Heavy Bleed in this case, you have to use either Curse or Hex, but the options are too limited: Curse of Knowledge requires steady supply of buffs (DL does not have them), Hexy Time takes 20 seconds to start working, using other characters to apply Curse or Hex is unreliable since AI is terrible with switching fighters. At least Leech is going to give you some HP back when BB3 finally hits them.

As eray94 noted correctly, The First Cut actually does not directly CONVERT bleeds to permableeds, but REMOVES them and REAPPLIES the same number of permableed stacks. Some of them can be resisted, that's why you can see 5 stacks of common bleed being converted to 3 stacks of permableed. At least it worked like that in the past, I don't know if that was fixed.https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/members/eray94.3533/