• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Character ability: Star Power

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1304252885270769666?s=20
Annie's CA has been revealed, and it's called Star Power. Aside from bringing back memories of Guitar Hero, this ability is designed to enhance Annie's attacks and even some of her moves. This puts it along the same vein as Beowulf and Squigly's CA. However, unlike Beo and Squigs, it doesn't look like the player will have any control over how fast the Star Power meter fills, as it fills over time. It builds over time and then when activated, it drains both over time and by using attacks. So naturally, the question I'm asking is: what's the rate of Star Power building? How many seconds until a full meter (activating a full Star Power meter extends combos)? Is it going to be better to wait for a full meter or activate it as often as possible? Will we be able to manually disable Star Power after activating it, or will we have to let it all expire before building up more? I imagine learning how to properly manage and use Star Power is going to separate the Shoujos from the Mahou Shoujos when it comes to fighting with Annie. I like these kinds of CAs personally, because at the most basic level you can use characters the way you normally would when the ability is active. But I do wonder how often we'll be able to use Star Power compared to the other CAs that enhance attacks.

So what are your thoughts on Star Power? Looks cool? Not impressed? Can Annie use it to charge solar panels?

P.S. My guess is that Annie's Stars come from Kirby. You know how Kirby can spit out stars? They must go to Annie afterwards.

[QUOTE="TonyPartridge30, post: P.S. My guess is that Annie's Stars come from Kirby. You know how Kirby can spit out stars? They must go to Annie afterwards.[/QUOTE]
"Star power! Recycling among heroes☆."

Moving on, it looks interesting! I think (and maybe you said this very thing) that once the meter is full you can push the button to make it activate and just watch it run out (kind of like Elizas Sekhmet mode) but it would be nice if you could turn it off too (like Sekhmet). Maybe if you press it again you can turn it off and let it refill again from the point you stopped it at? Like if it has 10 seconds total and you stopped it at 5, it would start refilling from 5 again.

All in all it looks cool! Time based stuff in this game makes me nervous though because fights are timed so you either need to plan accordingly or not rely on it.

Much like Beo has moves that grant Hype, I suspect Annie has moves/supers that build Star power. It looks like activation of a full star power does a sort of hit-freeze of the enemy to link combo hits (nice He-man pose). So to do optimal damage I suspect a fully charged star power will be needed, however optimal damage might not always be needed, hence early star power usage is good for saueezing in extra damage or changing move properties for other combo purposes.

Look at some of the BBs move trailers. It is possible to turn it on and off at will. Only at max however will it freeze the opponent; much like how stage opera preforms.

Well, I guess it was fairly obvious, but it seems that different Annie variants will have their SA dependant on Star Power. The recent trailer for Star Child showed her inflicting a new debuff called Guard Break (as well as Slow) after hitting the opponent's block while Star Power was active (or it just happened to activate while Star Power was active and she can do it all the time. Either or).

Also, new debuff, cool. Seems like if you block too many hits while it's on you, you'll be staggered for a second. Although we're no stranger to unblockable attacks, it still seems pretty powerful for how easily it was triggered in the trailer. I dunno, we'll have to learn the specifics first, I guess. It also seems like it can be stacked, but I'm not sure how that would affect it. Maybe it simply gives a chance that any blocked hit will cause a guardcrush, and stacking it increases that chance. Still, that should probably be talked about in its own thread.