• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Creating a Coin focused daily?

Wulfden

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, hope you all have had fun in collecting Black Dahlia shards (I know I'm still keeping my theonite purse tight!).

As you've seen with the amazing things that happened this new update, I wanted to touch upon the new currencies in game and the slightly larger emphasis on the game's economy as well (And hear other people's ideas as well!) As there are the new veiled premiere relics and treats to use out of battle without needing to Holodeck (all generally costing about 50k coins in the cabinet ofc), I was wondering if it were plausible to create a Medici daily event.

Rather than only merely getting around 20,400 coins and then 25,000 more for 100% completion at max on masters difficulty (45,400 total), we double that to 40,800 and 50,000 for 100% completion for a grand total of 90,800 coins.

In other words, the daily would simply double the amount of coin rewards for completion.

To make it balanced, I was theorizing that the fights would work a bit like Holodeck, no experience gained per fight and difficulty rises in proportion to difficulty.

Given how much we already rely on canopy coins in general, it makes sense to have something perhaps more than what we already have for waiting on Medici prize fights (which after you reach the 890 thousand mark, you have to pray to reach rank 1-200 to get a good amount of coins if I recall correctly).

What do you think? What are ways you guys feel would be a great way to go about the economy in the game? If you were to implement a coin focused daily, how would YOU do it!

Reactions: BallotBoxer
A coin daily would have to come with an extra ticket in the system. 4 tickets already feels cramped post patch and with a coin daily, the tickets would be even more cramped between choosing character, Holodeck, AE, and the proposed coin daily.

Reactions: Wulfden
Yes, now that there is more XP options, that means players collections will level up quicker, which means the current sources for CC will start to feel the strain as more Skill Tree nodes will be unlocked and more moves will be leveled up due to Retakes. (And yes, the already tight bottleneck of acquiring Diamond keys will get tighter...)

More CC, yes! But...why add a new Daily? Couldn't HH nodes have CC rewards? The Daily ticket system is still a hot point with players since we have to 'decide' how to (best) use our 4 tickets a day...having another Daily to feed a ticket to....well we already have to choose between XP@HH or farming CC/moves each day...and we still have sacrifice 1 ticket a week to AE...Or just boost the CC output in current Dailies? I think we have plenty of CC sources in game already, but those 'payouts' haven't grown in proportion as the number characters/variants have over the years.

A coin daily would have to come with an extra ticket in the system. 4 tickets already feels cramped post patch and with a coin daily, the tickets would be even more cramped between choosing character, Holodeck, AE, and the proposed coin daily.
Yes, now that there is more XP options, that means players collections will level up quicker, which means the current sources for CC will start to feel the strain as more Skill Tree nodes will be unlocked and more moves will be leveled up due to Retakes. (And yes, the already tight bottleneck of acquiring Diamond keys will get tighter...)

More CC, yes! But...why add a new Daily? Couldn't HH nodes have CC rewards? The Daily ticket system is still a hot point with players since we have to 'decide' how to (best) use our 4 tickets a day...having another Daily to feed a ticket to....well we already have to choose between XP@HH or farming CC/moves each day...and we still have sacrifice 1 ticket a week to AE...Or just boost the CC output in current Dailies? I think we have plenty of CC sources in game already, but those 'payouts' haven't grown in proportion as the number characters/variants have over the years.
Thank you both for responding! I realize a daily in itself feels a bit too much given the contention the ticket system has so, I'm happy to kinda bounce off what would work overall in the context of the CC output.

I'm not even sure if we will get more tickets in the future so, that also makes the idea of a CC daily less useful, and as Evilgordo pointed out, increasing the output of the CC in current dailies would prolly be the best idea overall. I believe I was all too happy to box myself in, but in games like these, innovation is key!

Of course, with the introduction of Black Dahlia, retakes, and growing collections, it stands to reason we will have to at some point innovate our currency economy given the squeeze we're already feeling between tickets or coin expenditures.

Evilgordo's point on the payout not having grown in proportion to the numerous additions over the years is absolutely correct, there's now a lot more things to use CC on that I do feel that the game ought to look at proportioning CC rewards better.

Reactions: evilgordo
Yes, the CC proportion need a rework.
For now, how many source for CC does we have?
Medici Prize fight and Character prize fight, but you have to compete to get the full benefit, as a late game player, I can constantly get to top 10%, but it's feel like a drag sometime, and I do feel burn out, even though I know I need CC for a lot of things, but that's the thing newer player can't do, and 90% of players lose out from CC reward (which is a bit much)
Daily Events, with AE is one time a week thing, and character events. Now is the problem with the ticket system that I will touch on later.
The thing we need to spend canopy coin on, 5m for a Diamond, 2,5m for a gold, 3m for a gold moves to level 15 + the RNG aspect when level up. That's a lot compare to the amount of CC we received each week.
Now to the ticket system, with 4 tickets, you can either go for EXP or CC. If I want to level up a diamond fighter to level ~55, it will take me 3 tickets for HH and nearly a week straight to do it. And now I'm stuck with a level up diamond with no CC to upgrade it. As many people suggest, I think if you play the daily event manually, it shoulf not take a ticket to do so, or the first attempt should not cost any ticket.

• Wow