• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Does stun count as a stagger?

xcapibara

Reaction score
Does stun count as a stagger, and is there a limit to how many staggers are allowed in a combo? Because i just got my squiggly (and my streak) defeated by a bloodbath eliza who “bursted” out of a charged silver chord with a sekhmet bb: the eliza was stunned from defeating my previous fighter due to the ms fortune pf modifier, in went my squiggly, charged the dragon 2 times, started comboing, used charged drag n bite, staggered no problem, jabx5 then charged silver chord and wham! streak over.

You can only stagger once per combo.

The second time you use Silver Chord to stagger an opponent, they will recover almost immediately. Everything here sounds like it's working as intended.

I only used charged silver chord once. So stun does count as a stagger. Thanks.

I only used charged silver chord once. So stun does count as a stagger. Thanks.
Stun does NOT count as a stagger. As for what happened in your situation, you can activate Burst even while staggered, which is seen quite often when you throw break someone with Burst as Cerebella.

Sorry for the confusion. You mentioned:

"staggered no problem, jabx5 then charged silver chord"

So I thought you staggered, then did Jab x5, then staggered again. As for bursting out of Stagger, you can burst out of any hitstun as long as you aren't stunned.

I don't think there's a bug here?

Stun does NOT count as a stagger. As for what happened in your situation, you can activate Burst even while staggered, which is seen quite often when you throw break someone with Burst as Cerebella.

It does, and the eliza didn’t burst, she sekhmet.

Sorry for the confusion. You mentioned:

"staggered no problem, jabx5 then charged silver chord"

So I thought you staggered, then did Jab x5, then staggered again. As for bursting out of Stagger, you can burst out of any hitstun as long as you aren't stunned.

I don't think there's a bug here?

Yeah, i phrased that wrong, what charged drag n bite does is not actually a stagger, so yeah, no bug, i had that doubt about stun counting as a stagger in the same combo and you answered that question, wasn’t sure if it was a bug or not until i knew the answer so I didn’t know where to post the thread. Thanks again.

Reactions: Liam
Stun does NOT count as a stagger.
It doesn't! (It shouldn't)

The STUN animation happens any time a character is suffering from the STUN debuff and they aren't in hitstun. The STAGGER animation only happens after specific moves, and it only happens once per combo.

It doesn't! (It shouldn't)

The STUN animation happens any time a character is suffering from the STUN debuff and they aren't in hitstun. The STAGGER animation only happens after specific moves, and it only happens once per combo.

Oh? Heh, we keep talking past each other.
What i mean by that is: for the purpose of only one stagger animation allowed per combo, a stun animation happening before the move that causes a stagger in the same combo actually disallows the stagger later, thus it “counts” as a stagger.

Now that i’ve tought about it, here’s another example i’ve encountered: a character stunned by an excellebella bb in the corner then comboed into a launcher into a pummel horse doesn’t get staggered by the said pummel horse.

Oh? Heh, we keep talking past each other.
What i mean by that is: for the purpose of only one stagger animation allowed per combo, a stun animation happening before the move that causes a stagger in the same combo actually disallows the stagger later, thus it “counts” as a stagger.

Now that i’ve tought about it, here’s another example i’ve encountered: a character stunned by an excellebella bb in the corner then comboed into a launcher into a pummel horse doesn’t get staggered by the said pummel horse.
Yeah I can confirm that happens too so we can safely say that's a bug!

AH!

Yeah after checking the code out, it seems that it DOES count as using up your one stagger per combo... I personally don't like that, but I'll run it by the rest of the team first before we commit to "fixing" it. Design has to determine it's a bug first and not a nuance. :p