Characters Double - Transmutation [Remake]

• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

SvenZ

Apr 10, 2024
I'm a relatively new SGM player, but even I can tell that Double's character ability is simply outdated. Here are its current issues:

- You can't block in Neutral without triggering your character ability. This can be troublesome, because you may accidentally lose the element you want while trying to trigger a move by the AI.
- Getting to the element you want is slow.
- Poor visibility on what element you get. You have to look at the top left of the screen in order to see the element. This takes your eyes away from the actual battle, and is not a seamless experience. It's made even more bothersome considering how small the icon is.
-Your mobility is hindered, as you're forced to stay in one place.
- It just doesn't feel good.

Here's my proposal on how to fix it
We're going to give her an active ability to switch between elements and it will work as follows:

1. You will be presented with 2 element options to choose from.
2. You can still get a duplicate element. Even for both selections!
3. Neutral element will be added to the mix.
4. When attacking or taking damage(block included), the ability will be disabled for 1 second.
5. When switching to a new element, the ability goes on cooldown for 1.5 seconds.

You may have noticed some intentional bit of stalling being introduced. But please keep in mind that this change literally doubles(not pun intended) the odds of getting the element you want, so some restrictions are necessary. Here are some examples of how this rework may look:

Random elements to choose from
Random Elements - Small.jpg

1 duplicate element
Random Elements - Small.jpg

2 duplicate elements
Two Dupli Elements - Small.jpg

Disabled buttons
Disabled Elements - Small.jpg

I'm imagining a quick animation happening when you click the button to choose an element. I'll work on an example for that these days and post the draft when it's ready

Last edited:
Interesting take...
Not the first time this topic has been tackled by players, but after 6 years, I don't think it'll change any time soon.
Thanks for sharing! That's an interesting proposal honestly.

As far as complexity, I aimed for my suggestion to be something really fast and easy to implement. It incorporates the current randomization pattern for elements, however only the trigger command is changed(clicking the button). Attacking and getting attacked to disable the effect can be carried over as well from the current iteration. It will probably take them a day to pull off an alpha build, and a week to complete and test it on all variants. A week's worth of effort, which can help popularize a character is worth the time investment imo

As a side note, I honestly like the roulette aspect of her Character Ability. However, it needs to be controlled randomization, instead of full rng.