• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Crash Error 204 on login

infine

Reaction score
I have LG G6 with Android 7.0 I used to play the game for about a month, logging in with the google account.

Today I'm logging in to get daily bonuses/PF prizes e.t.c. The game for some reason starts to re-download game data prompting me to connect to WiFi (I thought it's version update or something).

After it re-downloads everything, it logs in, I read all the mails, get all the PF prizes, open the daily relic, press the "back" button... And black screen. Nothing happens, so I close the application and relaunch it.

Now I'm permanently stuck at error 204 (An error occurred while attempting to login) while syncing game data. Both on WiFi and on mobile connection. Internet on the phone is otherwise working. Tried to reboot the phone to no avail.

Game version shows as 1.4.2.

EDIT: I have an old Nexus 5 with android 7.1.2 (technically not supported) that I managed to install SG onto via adb shenanigans. The same thing happens - initial data download, then I can use the game menu, enter the relics menu and try to open a relic. At which point everything blacks out, and I can't login anymore.

Last edited:
It's really strange. I get a maintenance pop-up message for over 24 hours now.

It's extremely strange your one prompts you to re-download :3 :3 :3

I do not believe the game has been playable for anyone for at least 24 hours, maybe 30+ hours now.

It's really strange. I get a maintenance pop-up message for over 24 hours now.

It's extremely strange your one prompts you to re-download :3 :3 :3

I do not believe the game has been playable for anyone for at least 24 hours, maybe 30+ hours now.
I've played a bit about 5 hours ago. Now trying to reinstall on nexus to see if I can get it working again, but adb install is stuck for some time.

Important Note: We're only able to provide feedback on legitimate versions of Skullgirls Mobile. If you downloaded the game from any location other than the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, it is no longer supported by us. Please download the game the right way. We've worked very hard on it.

I'm not sure if this accounts to anything but if its not downloaded off of google play or apple store then I dont know if they can do anything. Also the game is currently under a maintenance.

Important Note: We're only able to provide feedback on legitimate versions of Skullgirls Mobile. If you downloaded the game from any location other than the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, it is no longer supported by us. Please download the game the right way. We've worked very hard on it.

I'm not sure if this accounts to anything but if its not downloaded off of google play or apple store then I dont know if they can do anything. Also the game is currently under a maintenance.
Nah, originally It's downloaded from google play store. It's just I've decided to see if anything is wrong with my current device and transferred the application from one device to another (because I can't get it through google play on Nexus 5 and I don't have any other google or apple device). Apparently the behaviour is the same.

Nah, originally It's downloaded from google play store. It's just I've decided to see if anything is wrong with my current device and transferred the application from one device to another (because I can't get it through google play on Nexus 5 and I don't have any other google or apple device). Apparently the behaviour is the same.

Perhaps the update is being rolled out at different times through out the world :3

And to make it fair for everyone, the game is "under maintenance" for most people, but perhaps there is a small window where the devs try to do testing and it lets a small amount of people through :3 That's my only explanation :3

I just got the patch right now :3 so it seems it is a staggered release of patch followed by some ?testing, followed by eventual release :3 I haven't been able to play for over 24 hours now :3 :3 suffering from withdrawal :3

So, reinstalling the game allowed me to log back in, I could navigate menus, enter the collection, view moves. But trying to access a character skill tree blacks out. Though I can get back with the android back button.

Anyway, where to get info on the maintenance?

So, reinstalling the game allowed me to log back in, I could navigate menus, enter the collection, view moves. But trying to access a character skill tree blacks out. Though I can get back with the android back button.

Anyway, where to get info on the maintenance?

My Maintenance Notice now says maintenance until 12:00 September 29. :3 :3 :3

So perhaps ?ANOTHER 12-24 hours unfortunately :3 :3 I've just updated the game too because the patch just came out in my region :3 Haven't been able to play for the last 28 hours or so.

My Maintenance Notice now says maintenance until 12:00 September 29. :3 :3 :3

So perhaps ?ANOTHER 12-24 hours unfortunately :3 :3 I've just updated the game too because the patch just came out in my region :3 Haven't been able to play for the last 28 hours or so.
Ouch.
At least It's not my account exploding or something, so thanks for the relief.

I am really loving this game, but this maintenance is killing me. I just got three gold fighters in a row... now I'm stuck waiting for everything to get going. Is this just maintenance or is it an update as well?

I am really loving this game, but this maintenance is killing me. I just got three gold fighters in a row... now I'm stuck waiting for everything to get going. Is this just maintenance or is it an update as well?
It's likely the maintenance for the update. Every update has a maintenance period but this one seems to be taking longer than usual. Usually, it's 4-6 hours :3 :3 It's been over 1 day and a few hours. Might be a two day maintenance :3 :3

Reactions: GreviouxGrey
I saw some of the info for the update they posted. Do you think there is any chance we will be getting another character?

I saw some of the info for the update they posted. Do you think there is any chance we will be getting another character?
Check out the 1.5 update thread in the official announcements. There are no new characters, but 9 new skins :3 I am excited but also wish for new character

Yeah! I am still trying to figure out What 18:00 UTC time would be in MST. Those new skins look crazy awesome.

Our publisher, LINE, encountered some unforeseen issues during maintenance mode. We're working with them to resolve them ASAP. Apologies for the extended maintenance time, we'll try and keep you guys updated.

@infine Let me know if you're still encountering issues logging in once the game is no longer in maintenance mode.

Our publisher, LINE, encountered some unforeseen issues during maintenance mode. We're working with them to resolve them ASAP. Apologies for the extended maintenance time, we'll try and keep you guys updated.

@infine Let me know if you're still encountering issues logging in once the game is no longer in maintenance mode.
Is 12:00 Sept 29, 2017 approx. 6 hours from now? :3
I am very bad at time conversions.

The thing is, I can't tell if the game is in maintenance mode or not. The only thing I get is the login error, so the only indication of game status is forum posts. So I'll be looking for forum updates on game status.

aaaand maintenance is over!
Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Last edited:
aaaand maintenance is over!
Please let us know if you have any further issues.
After updating via play market version bumped to 1.5.0. Now it works.

EDIT: OTOH nexus5 crashes to desktop on syncing downloads (which did not happen the last time), but it's not supported anyway so whatever...

EDIT2: it just refused to complete installation without a SIM card apparently. One-time use of a SIM card makes it smooth and silky. But now I can see why the device is not supported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam