• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Exp sharing idea

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
Bottom line up front: Let's make exp points go a longer way by putting it to non-maxed fighters who need it, rather than have it go unused by maxed fighters.

So we've all had to use our max level fighters to beat a node or prize fight team before, but it always seems like wasted exp! This is especially true if the max level fighter is coupled with fighters that you're trying to level up. I'm proposing that a portion of the exp that would have gone to the max level fighter will be distributed to other fighters on the team. It doesn't have to be much, but enough so that players don't feel bad about using a max leveled fighter in a team.

The counter argument to this idea is that we want to encourage players to evolve their fighters rather than just letting them sit at their max level. On one hand-- yes that's true, but there's a number of benefits to evolving fighters already, no extra encouragement is needed! There's also numerous reasons to NOT evolve fighters, such as needing strong bronzes/silvers/golds, not having the resources, not willing to evolve that fighter just yet, etc.

Thank you for reading this hefty post!

What are your thoughts? Should we encourage players to use maxed fighters or keep our current system?

I remember at one point, I was so stingy and adamant about not wasting xp that I stopped using diamond fighters when they were near max lol.

However, as much as I dig your idea, the counter argument might be stronger.

1. We have mechanisms such as xp boosters and shinies to make up for the xp loss of the rest of your offense team being carried by your maxxed fighter. Energy bottles also make it possible to reuse maxxed fighters more often, which also somewhat compensates for the xp loss.

2. IMO in general the devs want players to be more skilled and therefore not rely so much on the raw stat advantage of maxxed fighters to win fights. So it may reasonably be surmised that devs would want to encourage players to use none-maxxed fighters and not otherwise when there's xp to be gained.

3. I don't think at this point in SGM's development anyone would want to keep their maxxed characters at their original tier if the characters are worth taking to higher tiers. Besides, it's relatively easy to max a duplicate bronze /silver variant. Even if we want to use max bronze / silver / gold characters for a specific story mode task, we could very well evolve them afterwards.

I think the crux of the problem comes back to power creep ( we talked about this back when diamonds were first introduced, remember? ). When we know a fighter that's already good can become even more powerful, we naturally want to go the extra mile. If there's a higher tier, we won't have any gripes about wasting xp. But now since the curve of maxxing a diamond is already so steep, I personally don't want to see anything higher.

Last edited:
I remember at one point, I was so stingy and adamant about not wasting xp that I stopped using diamond fighters when they were near max lol.

However, as much as I dig your idea, the counter argument might be stronger.

1. We have mechanisms such as xp boosters and shinies to make up for the xp loss of the rest of your offense team being carried by your maxxed fighter. Energy bottles also make it possible to reuse maxxed fighters more often, which also somewhat compensates for the xp loss.

2. IMO in general the devs want players to be more skilled and therefore not rely so much on the raw stat advantage of maxxed fighters to win fights. So it may reasonably be surmised that devs would want to encourage players to use none-maxxed fighters and not otherwise when there's xp to be gained.

3. I don't think at this point in SGM's development anyone would want to keep their maxxed characters at their original tier if the characters are worth taking to higher tiers. Besides, it's relatively easy to max a duplicate bronze /silver variant. Even if we want to use max bronze / silver / gold characters for a specific story mode task, we could very well evolve them afterwards.

I think the crux of the problem comes back to power creep ( we talked about this back when diamonds were first introduced, remember? ). When we know a fighter that's already good can become even more powerful, we naturally want to go the extra mile. If there's a higher tier, we won't have any gripes about wasting xp. But now since the curve of maxxing a diamond is already so steep, I personally don't want to see anything higher.

I do remember us discussing the power creep way back when-- great memory!

I completely understand your counter arguments and they do make a lot of sense. To be clear, I'm not proposing a new tier of fighters (diamonds are a scarce enough!) But I am suggesting a more efficient use of exp. This is more so for defense fighters which have to piggyback with hard hitter fighters or fighters you're trying to level up but just aren't strong enough to stand on their own. I personally have a whole plethora of maxed golds that essentially collect dust because I don't have the resources to evolve all of them (and some are better golds anyway) but I hate when I max level a fighter and it's almost like I have to say goodbye to using them because of no exp gain.

You did bring up a great point that I didn't consider: the exp boosts and refillable energy bottles. Those do help with mining exp for sure, but the difference with my suggestion is that there's a benefit (albeit small but existent) to using maxed fighters. That way players don't have to feel bad about using them because there's essentially no benefit as of now.

I really appreciate your feedback though and it gave me a lot more to think about for sure! Maybe there's a way to tweak this thought to be more adept to exp boosts (which have become more scarce since this last update).

Back to the drawingboard!:p

Reactions: Robokit
To be clear, I'm not proposing a new tier of fighters (diamonds are a scarce enough!) But I am suggesting a more efficient use of exp. This is more so for defense fighters which have to piggyback with hard hitter fighters or fighters you're trying to level up but just aren't strong enough to stand on their own. I personally have a whole plethora of maxed golds that essentially collect dust because I don't have the resources to evolve all of them (and some are better golds anyway) but I hate when I max level a fighter and it's almost like I have to say goodbye to using them because of no exp gain.

I understood your suggestion and I didn't think you were proposing a tier beyond diamond. I actually want your suggestion to be implemented because I too hate wasting EXP.

I didn't think of where you were coming from though, because when I think of truly maxxing a fighter and therefore having to "say goodbye" to it, I am only thinking of a maxxed diamond, evolved or otherwise. I didn't take into account the fact that casual players may not have enough resources to evolve worthy maxxed golds fast enough. On that note though, plz consider taking part in rifts even if you're not competitive.

A large proportion of my maxxed golds (mostly evolved) are shelved as well, but I plan on evolving some of them if possible (probably won't happen what with how fast the devs are churning out new characters) regardless of whether they're worthy as a diamond.

But I am suggesting a more efficient use of exp. This is more so for defense fighters which have to piggyback with hard hitter fighters or fighters you're trying to level up but just aren't strong enough to stand on their own.

Can I propose something different? This is more in regards to defensive fighters. Instead of simply gaining points from defending PFs, it would be cool if that could also translate to EXP.

I do recall the devs mentioning something about a deployment system they were thinking about (i.e. you 'deploy' your units for a certain amount of time to get a reward, allows something to be gained while offline). The rewards could be EXP so perhaps a solution may already be in the works!

Can I propose something different? This is more in regards to defensive fighters. Instead of simply gaining points from defending PFs, it would be cool if that could also translate to EXP.

I do recall the devs mentioning something about a deployment system they were thinking about (i.e. you 'deploy' your units for a certain amount of time to get a reward, allows something to be gained while offline). The rewards could be EXP so perhaps a solution may already be in the works!

That would be fantastic!! And I'm really loving your idea! I think that, now that we've finally given defensive fighters a role in the game, we should also make a valid way to level them up and prepare them to be the best defense they can be! As of now, later game players are really the only ones who can think about defense. Earlier to mid game players are too focused on offense and just getting through things to even consider it. If we made a system (like the one you're suggesting) to give those players a chance to develop a stronger defense than just reusing their offensive fighters, it will not only help them succeed in the game, but also encourage them to think about defense earlier on-- promoting their understanding and applicability of the game!

I'm thrilled to hear about the offline collection system! Frankly, it can't come soon enough :p Thank you so much for your feedback!

I can't say I'm familiar with the system, could you please elaborate?
Exp share is where all teammates gain XP regardless of whether they fought in battle or not.

In Pokemon if you carry 6 Pokemon for a full team, regardless of who did the actual fighting, all will gain the same amount of Experiance points. This works in Pokemon because you can have 6 Pokemon in your party at a time, it wouldn’t work for Skullgirls since you only have 3 fighters and they all get the same experience anyway. Unless of course Diony meant that the experience is shared among all your fighters in your collection, but I think that’s too overpowered. You sure wouldn’t need skill points ever, besides you don’t give experience to the all your other Pokemon in pc storage.

How about we add another special relic to the game that uses experience points as it’s form of shards?

Every time you use a maxed fighter, win a versus match, or win/lose a prize fight defense battle, a portion of that experience goes towards your player level and this new relic. The new relic would only get ‘shards’ from the above methods and would have an insanely high meter to fill before you could get the relic. A new relic in this form would allow players to feel good about using max fighters but they wouldn’t be able to just only use max fighters and get the rewards quickly. Perhaps a system could be implicated that cuts the “experience shards” gained in half after you’ve fought 3 battles with a maxed fighter. That’s one way I’ve thought of to counter max fighter abuse, but I’m sure we can think of others. Full “experience shards” would still be gained from defense prize fight win/losses and versus mode. You can’t change defensive prize fight wins and your probably only playing versus mode once a day anyway at this point in time. Versus mode would give the least amount of experience.
As for what the relic will contain? I imagine if it takes a long time to get it it should give at least three big rewards. I’m thinking 30% 3 diamond keys, 30% chance 3 random elemental essences. 10% chance 1,000,000 coins, 10% chance 1,000 theonite, 15% chance legendary relic 5% chance Diamond relic. The rewards could be different amounts but you get the point.

We will call it the “Shard to get relic” , the name makes sense and it’s a tribute to one of the older relics that we no longer have. What do you guys think?

Another possibility would be to add "fake" levels beyond the max, that only reward SP. The exp bar could change to a linear amount of exp that, after earned, would reset to 0 and reward the player with more SP, without increasing the character's actual level. The character reaches the cap for its rarity (30, 40, 50, or 60), and then every "fake" level earned just rewards SP and nothing else. The game wouldn't even need to keep track of how many of these fake levels have been earned in any way.

Being someone who’s more focused on having a maxxed collection rather than competing, I’ve also wished max level fighter’s xp would overflow onto my other fighters.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
Well, all my maxed golds have been gathering dust hard because of this.
Same. I maxxed sheltered up to gold so long ago but it’s a major struggle to get spare gold Parasouls so I’ve rarely used her in over a year. At 7k strength I get more points out of using a bunch more fighters I have at 10k so... dusty princess.

Now, if I could exp share and have her xp shifted to others I could load her into a fight with silver Parasoul and level them to convert to gold to covert sheltered to diamond. But no dice.

Well, all my maxed golds have been gathering dust hard because of this.

Same, I feel like I only ever get to have fun with my maxed diamonds in Rift, where EXP isn't an issue.

It hurts a little extra since they got to Max faster than everyone else because I liked to use them so I used them a bunch, but now I feel like it'd be a waste to continue using them since with EXP boosters at high PF streaks I'm earning 30-70k exp per match, and I just can't justify wasting that much...

Maybe if it was an XP boost with a cap, based on the difficulty of the fight? Kinda like the long shot bonuses.

So like, if you’ve got a max level fighter at 8,000 strength and two team members at 1,000, and you take on an opposing team at 30,000 (10k a fighter), you get an xp booster for using a max level fighter on top of the long shot bonus. “Training overflow” or something like that.

I can see where someone might just chuck max-level bronzes in the back line in order to faster level their diamonds, but could it be possible to make it so that the overflow only kicks in when the max fighter is a tier equal to or greater than the other fighters?

Maybe if it was an XP boost with a cap, based on the difficulty of the fight? Kinda like the long shot bonuses.

So like, if you’ve got a max level fighter at 8,000 strength and two team members at 1,000, and you take on an opposing team at 30,000 (10k a fighter), you get an xp booster for using a max level fighter on top of the long shot bonus. “Training overflow” or something like that.

I can see where someone might just chuck max-level bronzes in the back line in order to faster level their diamonds, but could it be possible to make it so that the overflow only kicks in when the max fighter is a tier equal to or greater than the other fighters?
I love this idea! I was also thinking that the higher the tier of fighter the more exp. would be given. For example, a bronze may only give 5% (or a super small amount) but a dia could give 20% or such. That way it's nothing huge but enough to make you feel better.

Reactions: MrNoggin
at this point all i want is SOMETHING when i use my maxed fighters, gold or diamond. or even maxed silvers and bronze. i cant wrap my small head around a game so focused on grinding having such a physical cap. dont get me started on that player lvl cap. →_→