• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Extra Costumes, Suits

Dennis Aguilar

Reaction score
Hello Team Skullgirls !!! You know, I'd love for you to create some extra costumes to buy with either money or theonites, to change a bit the appearance of our favorite fighters. I would pay to change the suit to my fighters, and make them look more attractive. If you could color the fighters' suits to your liking, it would be great. Why do not you take this idea into account? It could be an extra source of money for you.
568b32252e2b6edf3c525097_573d3bf17d5de44f2fb46b4b_320.jpg 7249c43b3c3068dd0b27514c066ccf05--videogame-art-anime-art.jpg Cerebella_Bunny.jpg These are just some ideas of costumes that Cerebella fans have created.

It could be an extra source of money for you.
No, it could not. Honestly, I don't believe that they will do a completely new characters or alternative skins ever due to its incredebly high cost.
On the official skullgirls indiegogo campaign ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing#/ ) you could see how much would cost hiring an artist to redo animations (30.000$ only for one potential skin or character itself), and then understand why they won't do that kind of stuff.

No, it could not. Honestly, I don't believe that they will do a completely new characters or alternative skins ever due to its incredebly high cost.
On the official skullgirls indiegogo campaign ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing#/ ) you could see how much would cost hiring an artist to redo animations (30.000$ only for one potential skin or character itself), and then understand why they won't do that kind of stuff.
While I understand some of what your saying, this is still a mobile game with far less required frames. The official SGMobile twitter has also stated on numerous occasions that 'new' playable characters for the mobile game could be possible depending on the success of the application. Of course, only after they complete the full roster from the main game.

While I understand some of what your saying, this is still a mobile game with far less required frames. The official SGMobile twitter has also stated on numerous occasions that 'new' playable characters for the mobile game could be possible depending on the success of the application. Of course, only after they complete the full roster from the main game.

it still is pretty doubtful that they'll hire an artist to redo a bunch of character animations that already have a bunch of frames that have nothing wrong with them. even if SGM requires "less frames" (i personally would say that mobile has the same amount of frames, since the same specials/blockbusters and most of the normal attacks from the original SG are incorporated one way or another) it's still expensive to make new ones. like you said, it depends on the success of the game as well.
sure, i would be interested in new outfits for characters, but i doubt it will happen.

While I understand some of what your saying, this is still a mobile game with far less required frames.
Frames that are maaaaaaaaybe possible to skip in SGM at the moment:
- Air throw escape (unused)
- Walk backward (maybe)
- Stand turn (maybe, this exists right now.)
- Crouch turn (maybe, this exists right now.)
- Unused normals (We use 9 of the 12 grounded normals, and usually 3 of the 6 air normals, not counting any that become specials!)

When you think about it, the characters use just about as much animation as Skullgirls 2nd Encore!

@Dennis Aguilar
Custom colors are something that we can look into, but custom costumes won't be happening unfortunately!
Given that one Cerebella frame is this detailed, and is composed of multiple layers to handle the line-art, shading, and color palette...
crMP10_cerebella_1p.png
Re-drawing every one of these frames for a new costume would be time better spent on a completely brand new playable character.
Thanks for your understanding!

Yep. I think maybe Dennis just didn't quite fully realise that every sprite in the game is hand-drawn and what that means. If they had been 3D models, it would have been a whole different story, but there's many negatives to that as well as positives.

Reactions: Dennis Aguilar
@Dennis Aguilar
Custom colors are something that we can look into, but custom costumes won't be happening unfortunately!
Given that one Cerebella frame is this detailed, and is composed of multiple layers to handle the line-art, shading, and color palette...
View attachment 606
Re-drawing every one of these frames for a new costume would be time better spent on a completely brand new playable character.
Thanks for your understanding![/QUOTE]
I will look forward to you when you decide to implement the change of color costumes to the characters, ok !!! Great job guys !!!