• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Galactic Glamour" - Strategy & Discussion

Lasatar

Reaction score
Galactic Glamour
Galactic Glamour.PNG

Rarity: Silver
Element: Wind

Signature Ability (speculative): PERFECTLY BALANCED:

When hit, have a % chance to gain AUTO BLOCK for x seconds
When hitting the opponent while benefitting from AUTO BLOCK, have a % chance to inflict GUARD BREAK for x seconds.

AUTO BLOCK appears to be a stackable buff that gives you a percentage chance of being able to block an attack when you wouldn't normally be able to, such as while in hitstun. This will likely not activate if you are airborne (similar to Unflinching).

Additionally, we get our first glimpse at Annie's Marquee ability, EVENT HORIZON. The equipped Marquee in the footage appears to trigger when the opponent (or either fighter, possibly) is knocked down. It is unclear what effect it will have, however. The second Marquee ability still remains unknown.

Also, the third hit of RE-ENTRY appears to grant one stack of ENRAGE for x seconds. This may only occur if STAR POWER is active, however.

One more thing, the footage shown was a 3v3 match, and two teammates and two enemy teammates were dead, so it is possible the SA might be affected by the number of dead fighters. To what extent is unknown. Also, the dead Annies (which are presumably Star Child, since they are Bronze Winds) don't appear to have a corpse on the ground? Not sure what's up with that. If Annie doesn't leave a corpse, then Valentine couldn't revive her with Forbidden Procedure, and modifiers that require being near a dead body couldn't trigger. That might be something to keep in mind (unless I'm mistaken and she leaves a corpse like normal, and the footage was just funky)

Last edited:
I think she'll be a decent defender. Auto Block seems like it'll do roughly the same job as Unflinching, with a few advantages and a few disadvantages compared to it. The thought of it triggering on a launcher or the final hit of a regular string and getting punished (and inflicted with Guard Break on top of that) sounds pretty annoying.

I'm also curious on whether Annie's taunt will give her Auto Block. That could be interesting. Also, the fact that it's a counter in addition to a taunt will stop anyone from punishing it. Could make for a staple on defender movesets.

Last edited:
Her quote:
"I'm a warrior. An Assassin. I don't dance"
me too

The palette looks like of Gamora from The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Reactions: Prof. Rokferbranes
If you look till the very end, you will see that she doesn't need Auto Block to apply the Guard Break. Still, good point about the corpses, they may be required for her SA to trigger just like Dark Might's SA used to.

Overall she seems a defensive variant with some potential offensive use if her silver stats allow it. Her Guard Break allows her to most probably perma-combo people, but the question will be if she has the damage to do it in 3 mins and if she outdamages Diva.

However, if she requires dead allies/enemies to work, then she will be a lot weaker on offence and still have some potential for defence. Those conditions can easily turn a great SA to a really bad one.

Confirmation on actual signature ability:

SA1: 25/x/x% chance on CRITICAL HIT to inflict GUARD BREAK for 10/x/x seconds.
SA2: 25/x/x% chance when suffering a CRITICAL HIT to gain AUTO-BLOCK for 10 seconds.

I don't own the variant yet, so I'm just reading it out from the catalogue, and as such am not aware of what part of it gets upgraded. I would assume the chance rises from 25% to 50% or maybe 75%.

I think she's great as a silver fighter. I made sure to get her critical rate to 40%+ and I use her on annoying Big Bands. Sagan Beam for some form of recovery coz honestly that HP do be lacking imo. I haven't maxed her out yet tho so I have to see what else can I do with her, like whether an investment on defense is worth it or not.

But yeah, 50% chance to inflict guard break on a critical hit is worth it. Auto-block has some use but it's very situational unless you're a player who has trouble with intercepting attacks. Maybe a non-investment on critical resistance would be worth it for this variant perhaps?