• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Hatred Install's current bonus seems rather useless

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Judging by the wiki, even at max level Hatred Install will proc a 5 second enrage for you... (if the wiki is accurate)

As far as i know Hatred Install doesn't seem to really combo into anything, as it has a very long recovery time.
Combining that with the fact that the AI will most likely block a little after restanding, you will not gain a chance to even utilize the enrage at all.

The easiest change would be to simply increase the enrage duration to a useable duration - something between 10-15 seconds.

Maybe making it apply different buffs/debuffs could also be interesting however.

One idea i had was that it could give regen. As it's for the most part a way to finish a combo (or intercept), giving the player some regen may be a good way to keep the squishy Painwheel alive. (Also my Blood Drive would love being able to get rid of bleed stacks after her combo ends ;p )
This may also be interesting for other painwheels to counter chip damage in higher streaks.

As i understand in SG2E Hatred Install isn't so much a Blockbuster as it is a power up to her other abilities?
So maybe Regen could play a little into that buffing yourself up idea too (though i guess enrage does already make sense in that regard also)

I’ve always felt like Haste would be a fitting bonus for it but it’d have the same issues as it does currently. I don’t think Hatred Install is ever gonna fit well into (the middle of) combos so yeah... like you said, regen would help more, as would any sort of debuff on the opponent. I’m not really sure which, though? I feel like Wither would be the most helpful at the end of a combo... aside from Bleed of course but that’d be redundant, plus it doesn’t look like a bleed move whatsoever. Of course it could also have some other effect that doesn’t involve statuses- dealing more damage when Painwheel or the opponent has low health, maybe?

Reactions: Ryouhi
Personally I've never liked Hatred Install because it pretty much does nothing and the enrage granted is useless. If it could be buffed to ~10 seconds, then I suppose it would be usable. Or maybe change it to haste or something

What I have in mind is it doing something not involving statuses. Its more of a power up to her other abilities than a BB in SG2E, so what I was thinking was have it deal only 1/4 of the damage it does now, BUT it increases Painwheel's overall damage stat by 50% until she's defeated or until the match ends. It'll also make Painwheel flash a little red as a nod to what Hatred Install does in SG2E

A lot of our older modifiers for Special Moves and Blockbusters are a little bit lacking. If you compare them with our newer style of modifiers on Squigly, Double, and Ms. Fortune, that's closer to what we'd love to have for every character.

Going back and reworking all of our older move modifiers is a huge undertaking though, so I can't really say when / if it will happen.