• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How old is Annie really?

iskileto1

Reaction score
I know this question is a bit foolish I guess but is there any way to estimate how old she really is to the present day. She immortal and the Skullgirls Wiki Fandom says she looks physically 15. Idk why her mother wished on the skullheart to make her child immortal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-25 134715.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-25 134715.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 53
She’s physically 15 but is she mentally 15? Is she stuck with a Child’s mindset? Of course people mature over the years but can Annie do that? For example even if a 5 year old lived 1000 years, if they still had a five year old mindset then they would still take everything literally Amelia Bedilia style. I don’t think Annie has this problem because she’s pretty sarcastic, although some interactions in her story mode could be explained this way.

The 15 is cited as dubious because it was supposedly posted on the official site and then quickly deleted. The deletion is proof that even the creators disagree with the number.

I'd estimate Annie was "older than Umbrella, but younger than Filia" when the Skull Heart curse stopped her aging.

Annie and Annie's Mom were shown in Annie's story mode. Their clothes look Renaissance era (14th-17th century). Present day Skullgirls universe is like our universe's 1940s (judging by level of tech and clothing styles). So one could guess Annie could be 500 years old, or more. But younger than ancient Eliza, of course.

She’s physically 15 but is she mentally 15? Is she stuck with a Child’s mindset? Of course people mature over the years but can Annie do that? For example even if a 5 year old lived 1000 years, if they still had a five year old mindset then they would still take everything literally Amelia Bedilia style. I don’t think Annie has this problem because she’s pretty sarcastic, although some interactions in her story mode could be explained this way.
It's an interesting question. Judging by her story mode, I would say that Annie is psychologically mature to some extent. But her mother's wish might have hindered some aspects of Annie's development.
There's an interesting phrase in her story mode, which might reinforce this interpretation.
"To grow, to live, to love and to die as all mortals should".

Present day Skullgirls universe is like our universe's 1940s (judging by level of tech and clothing styles).
A shark made a rift in time and space only to see normal people like us fight in rift battles. That´s pure evil 🥺. And that´s far ahead our actual thecnology!!:eek:

(1940 seems just right, all is screaming art deco, and Black Egrets are like NAZ-KKI army but in good guys version).

I love this character of annie, even if they say she is 15 who really knows how old she may be in total, but the design is great.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I think this in an interesting concept too. If she's stopped aging physically, that means everything about her has stopped aging, including her brain. Now, she may be mature in comparison to other teenagers (and we see this in 15 year olds that are forced to mature beyond their years due to trauma/war/other circumstances) and even some young adults, but I think at the end of the day, she still is only 15 years old mentally and can only be 15 years old mentally. We don't know what her personality would have been like as an adult or as an old person because she can never be any of those things. So TLDR: She is very mature for a 15 year old, but will likely still process and react like a 15 year old because she can never be anything except that. It's quite sad, really.

Reactions: MarshBot
I don´t think she is 15 mentally. She bosses Florencia, takes desitions and treat other as a totally grown up woman would do. But anyways, she lloks like 15 so she is 15 and keep those damn rules far from her for god sake!! >:V

Reactions: curioscat229
I've been doing the same,exaclty question. What I could find based on the game itself and the informations given on her story mode. Annie's name and the clothes, she was probably alive during the french renaissance era (Just speculations from my part but even so)

If we judge by annie's clothings and that she was a radio star. Annie is 569 years old probably...

Reactions: iskileto1
ahahahah, in fact, the mentality here is twice as much as the actual number of years

No one actually knows how old Annie is, but if you think about it she's probably older then a regular age, like 100 years old or something. Not just that, but if we look at the story mode with pictures, apparently she has defeated ALOT of Skullgirls and tried to stop the skull heart. In the end of defeating Marie, Annie says this line: "I'll find a way to stop the cycle." That sounds familiar, doesn't it??? No??? Lemme replay a little scene, "All your mother wanted was to protect that smile" There, that's what double said, right?? Obviously shes older then her original age. And there are many skullgirls to come, Because even the purest wishes, aren't pure enough except for Dilla's.

Reactions: iskileto1
No one actually knows how old Annie is, but if you think about it she's probably older then a regular age, like 100 years old or something. Not just that, but if we look at the story mode with pictures, apparently she has defeated ALOT of Skullgirls and tried to stop the skull heart. In the end of defeating Marie, Annie says this line: "I'll find a way to stop the cycle." That sounds familiar, doesn't it??? No??? Lemme replay a little scene, "All your mother wanted was to protect that smile" There, that's what double said, right?? Obviously shes older then her original age. And there are many skullgirls to come, Because even the purest wishes, aren't pure enough except for Filla's.

Is supposed to be an 12 years old inmortal girls. I simply don't get it why people who is in charged of the lore or story mode in skullgirls doesn't seems to see that kind of detail and people who is in charge don't put or think.