1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with annoying defense

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Pepperlunatic, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Does this guide helped you on how to deal with difficult defenders?

1. Heck yes

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. Still need more stuff

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Reshiram18

Reshiram18 Well-Known Member

Main issue with Bloody Valentine is that she won't be the best option against DL in high streak PFs because her attack stat (base 8,640 as a level 60 invested diamond) is rather low. The low damage output from Bloody Valentine will increase the chance of timing the fight out if the rest of the team isn't strong enough to take out the other two fighters on the opposing team efficiently, and at that point it is just better to bring a Bloodbath, Heart of Darkness, or Tres Chic that can actually take out the DL efficiently. In lower streak PFs, some story fights, and some rift stuff Bloody Valentine is an acceptable option against DL but not the fastest option.

Galiyuka likes this.
  2. Galiyuka

Galiyuka Member

Aaah, I suspected something like that. Thank you :)

3. fanghoul

fanghoul Well-Known Member

I think Persona's weakness is the Tagout special move, probably preferably with Sketchy in case you don't get her out front the first time. But if you kill her first then cycle through the rest they'll lose their barrier and blessing and should be a relative cinch to kill again.

If we allow diamonds, I've been learning the utility of Flytrap in the Robofortune prize fight. 5 stacks of Regen make up for a lot of issues with reflected damage.

Edit #2
    There's also always Purrfect Dark. She's kinda the gold standard best character in the Robofortune prize fight.

#23 fanghoul, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Art3mes likes this.
  4. qlimax

qlimax Member

Great list and definitely helpful for many people.
    I think you should add a precision chapter though. It is one of the more reliable ways to deal with something like plot twisted, immoral fiber or bluescreen. Fighters that spring to mind that have precision on command would be parasoul with taunt, Summer salt with her SA, Headhunter/Overclocked and Dragon Brawler.
    Since most defensive fighters rely on their SA, not activating the SA through precision is one of best things to do since there is little the enemy can do to prevent you getting precision.

Art3mes likes this.
  5. Art3mes

Art3mes Well-Known Member

Another one:
    Splitting Image 1stMA (24k)
    Heavily invested

You can use any character (try to avoid diamonds) but max allowed score of 14k.
    And you can't use Hex.

6. fanghoul

I mean, the hilarious way to beat her would be a somewhat damaged Terror Byte, starting the fight, getting Inverse Polarity in before the Immunity popped, then tagging in Claw & Order to keep renewing it while she kills herself with healing.

A somewhat damaged Filia with her MA might be able to just negate the healing by stacking some bleeds before the immunity popped up.

I'd have to test it, but I wonder if being cursed would prevent the Immunity from ever spawning? Because it's super easy to trigger her MA, and if you even had Sketchy to curse her, that might prevent the immunity which is the major hitch in my mind to beating her then.

Art3mes likes this.
  7. Art3mes

Art3mes Well-Known Member

They rarely shows up in prize fights so there are less chances to try different counter strategies.
    I'll try the terror + claw strategy the next times she shows up.
    Thanks for the reply though.

8. fanghoul

Sundae School might help you keep the debuff up by making it last longer.

I'll see if I can't think of any more strategies and maybe find someone with her to experiment against using the duel function. But being willing to take some damage first to avoid the immunity and healing seems promising if risky.

Art3mes likes this.
  9. Hall☆weenQueen

Hall☆weenQueen Well-Known Member

Actually bio can help keep her from healing and if she BBs you just revive! But other than brute force I haven't found a good strategy to defeat her. If I remember correctly her immunity is permanent so the usual buff removers won't do it. Like bio, summer salt may also do the trick too. Or a miasma gaining Fukua like Vaporwave. I've fought her a few times in Pea Master but like I said brute force or bio is usually how I handle her but I hope you can find a way that works!

Art3mes likes this.