• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How to use outtake

Pepperlunatic

Reaction score
This is going to be a very simple and brief guide on how to use outtake mostly because there is not much to write in detail about outtake and I can't remember the contents of the lost four draft of this guide that I wrote. Please notify anything to correct or other facts to add into this guide.

1. Why use outtake
  • To deal with pesky support(mostly Surgeon General)
  • To apply doom to everyone if you are using Xenomorph
  • To deal with enemies that prefers to be defeated first(like Squiglys with ma, xenomorph, and Immoral Fiber)
  • To deal with certain specific characters like Bio exorcist or certain modifiers like Emission Spectrum
  • To deal with big band with frontman.
  • To do combo(98% of you guys will not be using it for that purpose). Mostly used for resetting "the one-bounce system".
2. When to use outtake
  • When you are facing enemy frontliner like Resonant Evil while enemy support like Surgeon General is hiding behind the line.
  • When you fight against enemy that prefers to be dead first like Xenomorph
  • You want to remove the buffs from enemy and deal with them later when you are ready. For example, if your Drag n Drop is not ready and enemy Resonant Evil has 3 armor, you should outtake resonant evil and ready your drag n drop until you face it again.
  • When enemy got unflinching in mid ground combo and you know you won't be able to deal with their counterattack after you finish your ground combo.
  • When enemy Dio-exorcist has one or more dragon charge and you wish to reset her dragon charge.
  • When you are facing Assassin Greed and you have bleed right now.
  • When enemy big band has frontman.
I know i made that typo but im keeping it for fun.
3. Sample combo to use outtake in combat
  • Ground combo->outtake
  • Ground combo->Launcher->Air combo->outtake(may not work on some situations)
  • (squigly, painwheel only & near wall)Grab->outtake
  • (Big Band only)Ground combo->launcher->Ground combo->(just before last ground combo attack)outtake
  • Ground combo->Launcher->Dash attack1->outtake(may not work on some situations)

4. Other tips
  • When you outtake a frontliner and you get other guy instead of the support, try to kill the other guy first. If not, you would most likely be just tagging them out over and over only to see frontliner and that other guy.
  • You can knock away corpse before it lands to the ground to prevent valentines from reviving him or her or prevent squigly's ma.

Hope this short guide is helpful in understanding how to utilize outtake and also like I said above, any additional tips and infos about outtakes are welcome.

Edit 1: added other tips and stuff about frontman big band

Edit: 2 added corpse removal tip

Last edited:
Another reason to use outtakes: Get a Big Band with the Frontman MA off the front line till all his allies are dead.

Particularly in Rift Battles, there's a lot of people that have a Big Band with Frontman in front, some squisher person second, and then Surgeon General in back. Knocking Big Band out of the front means you get to squish either SG or whoever the second person is. Squish the second person, and you can tag out Big Band again and are guaranteed to get SG this time. There's people that make the mistake of trying to get SG first, but that can just lead to endlessly using outtakes and never getting her.

Another reason to use outtakes: Get a Big Band with the Frontman MA off the front line till all his allies are dead.

Particularly in Rift Battles, there's a lot of people that have a Big Band with Frontman in front, some squisher person second, and then Surgeon General in back. Knocking Big Band out of the front means you get to squish either SG or whoever the second person is. Squish the second person, and you can tag out Big Band again and are guaranteed to get SG this time. There's people that make the mistake of trying to get SG first, but that can just lead to endlessly using outtakes and never getting her.

Thanks for the info about frontman. I've added frontline as one of the reasons to get outtake in the guide but I am sort of confused with the definition of squish here. Does it mean "to kill" or "to push to the corner" or something?

Thanks for the info about frontman. I've added frontline as one of the reasons to get outtake in the guide but I am sort of confused with the definition of squish here. Does it mean "to kill" or "to push to the corner" or something?

Sorry, I meant kill.

Reactions: Pepperlunatic
For everyone reading this, I have to say: Using outtakes made me progress A LOT(!!!) as a player. Tricky nodes became much easier. The same thing goes for immunity taunts (Squigly, Parasoul and Peacock).

Reactions: Rodansama
The SGM twitter posted that launching a corpse and using an outtake will keep them off the stage and prevent Val reviving them, and nullify Squigly's MAs.

Reactions: Pepperlunatic
The most useful way I've found outtakes is with a permableed Filia. Land a permanent, cycle through all the opponents, and tag out to let the hard hitters do the rest. You could carry the fight with Filia, but it'll go by faster with someone like Primed to help things along.

The most useful way I've found outtakes is with a permableed Filia. Land a permanent, cycle through all the opponents, and tag out to let the hard hitters do the rest. You could carry the fight with Filia, but it'll go by faster with someone like Primed to help things along.

Alternatively (if you have her) you can tag in Assassin's Greed after applying permanent bleeds. The constant self healing can be a good thing in Rift battles, and if the enemy gets down to 1 hp, her SA will actually kill them before the blockbuster can activate.

(Amusingly, this does not count as a Blockbuster Finish if they're the last one standing)