• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

I dislike Dreadlocks Filia Reflecting Damage When I Hit Her

I don't want to sound mean but yes
Are you referring to the Dreadlocks Filia (the yellow one) that reflects damage you deal to her?

I don't want to sound mean but yes

I meant to say, "Did you mean to say...", my apologies. If you're referring to Dreadlocks' Signature Ability which reflects 35% of damage received back to the opponent, I would say that it exists because it creates an interesting obstacle compared to simply hitting an enemy. Is it annoying at times? Most certainly. However, with most fighters in this game, there are ways to mitigate the difficulty presented by this SA.

One example of how to more easily defeat a Dreadlocks would be to take advantage of the Hex debuff. You can apply this debuff to enemies by either hitting them with a Bandwagon Rushdown (A Double blockbuster), or via Red Velvet's SA. This debuff will completely negate the Dreadlocks' ability to reflect damage while applied.

Another way to take down these tanky Filias is to use bleed to your advantage. Damage caused by the bleed and heavy bleed debuffs cannot be reflected, so by using characters that can apply bleed frequently (See Filia variants and most Painwheel variants) you can easily take down a Dreadlocks without having any significant damage reflected back to you.

A final word of advice would be to make sure your crit rate is low while fighting a Dreadlocks, as their SA may also cause you to gain bleed if you crit them.

Yeah she's a tough one to play around, especially when you're weaker than her. Imai brings up good points, but I'd like to add that healing characters such as Princess Pride helps mitigate her damage.

Thanks for the tips, I just get too salty about dreadlocks, not only cause of the reflect, but because she's everywhere

Dreadlocks is a real pain, If I HAD to fight her I would bring a Valentine to revive and combat the heavy bleed. Or just bring 2 capable fighters instead of 1.

Definitely a nightmare when she’s jacked up by match modifiers. Everyone’s advice so far is probably the best to know. Just a quick note that Bandwagon Rushdown exists as a separate blockbuster for both Double and Peacock, so make sure you have the right one if you do plan to use it; and one other way to inflict hex on the enemy is using Stage Fright Squigly though because this requires the enemy to be at low health it might be too little too late and is therefore not as reliable.

Updated the thread title to be a tad more descriptive.

She is the most painful defending opponent at streak 25 and above. If you have her in your team, others may hardly win over your team when it comes to streak 26 because now her HP is twice to 6 times your characters HP, depending on your character of.So even if the enemy use all their fighters, they could never survive to deal enough damage to kill that Dreadlock. She is annoying, but her presence makes the defending team set up becomes much more challenging. At least she is not widely available though.

Just a note to Imaikari tatic of using the Bleading filia, which I think she means Parasite weave and Bad hair day. Parasite weave only bleeds the oponent after stunning them, and the stun only happens when she crits, so fighting Dreadlock with Parasite weave is not a good idea as you may lost you Filia afterward. Bad hair day is a better choice, but her bleading rate is a bit low, so it is not good as well especially at higher streak.Hex with Red velvet is the best option so fat, although getting her is quite difficult. Goodluck.

Ps: thank you Imaikari for your tatics of using band wagon to hex Dreadlock.now I notice it

My main go to when fighting against any other dread locks is a Silent Kill Valentine! With enough hits she's able to avoid the heavy bleed ability with her SA and her healing taunt. I would also highly recommend Silent Kill in case the other team contains a Surgeon General (like my defense team) in the background, with any other character they would have to wait until the Heavy Regen and immunity is over (or get Lucky with Filia's Drill Tempered or Peacock's Bandwagon Rushdown which can remove the buffs as well), but Silent kill can take it away! There's always a way. Remember your options!

Diva Intervention in Sekhmet mode fully neutralizes Dread Lock's SA with enough meter gain she can still regain 15% of the damage inflicted as health when utilizing her infinite

The only damage not reflected is indirect damage that doesn't involve you or your projectiles physically touching them, i.e. the damage over time caused by bleed, the instant death caused by doom and the on-death retaliation of Immoral Fibre's signature ability.
If you ever want to practice against a Dreadlocks-style opponent in a much safer mode than the risky prize fights, try playing Painwheel's daily event on Thursdays (it might have to be on Expert difficulty). The modifier Biofeedback has a very similar effect to Lock Nest Monster, and I believe there's one node where Barbed Wire is in effect too so it's a very close simulation with a massively reduced cost, as you won't lose any streaks and it only costs three yellow energy a go. There might be other places with Biofeedback but I can't remember exactly right now.
Theoretically there's also a few modifiers in Accursed Experiments that shave off a chunk of HP either for a reason or randomly but this only affects the player's side so isn't really relevant.