• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Immoral Fiber should be as unforgiving as Blue Screen.

Krazete

Reaction score
An enemy Blue Screen can win by dying.
An enemy Dreadlocks can win by dying.
An enemy Overclocked can win by dying.
An enemy Painwheel with Tainted Blood can win by dying.
An enemy with Thorns can win by dying.

An enemy Immoral Fiber cannot win by dying.

Idk about Wildcard.

[Death Exhibition]

I used to appreciate the game's mercifulness in the event of a tie caused by Immoral Fiber, giving the Victory to the player regardless of Immoral Fiber's allegiance.

But that was back when the game was pretty much PVE-only and when we didn't have counters like barrier, blessing, precision, and hex. Now she's outclassed by all these new damage-reflecting variants, so I think it's time for her to get buffed.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I agree. For a bunch of reasons.

1. There should be consistency. Otherwise it can be confusing.
2. In addition to the counters you mentioned, there are also self-reviving fighters like Bio / Last Hope (instant self-reviving doesn't make you lose your no-deaths bonus), and well as Last Stand which can protect you from death. Lots of counters means lots of ways to tackle her, and she isn't very effective on defense with just a little pre-planning from the attacker.
3. Of all Doubles, she doesn't even have the highest health stat . Not even out of the Golds. (EDIT: She's tied for top gold with Evergreen, my mistake.) This weakens her overall strength as a damage-reflect fighter, so not letting her win by dying further lowers her already low usefulness. (Don't get me wrong, a well built IF can be a threat, but she doesn't even compare to other damage-reflect fighters, and it takes a ton of building to even get her to the status of halfway-decent.)

But, most importantly:

4. Fire needs some better defenders.

Of all the elements, Fire is inarguably the weakest on defense. No defensive Valentines, the fewest defense variants of all the elements, no super supports, nothing. There isn't even a single Fire fighter in the top 25 defense fighters on the community tier list. Something needs to change, and a good place to start would be to buff existing Fire defenders like Immoral Fiber and Private Dick. (Tbh, I'm not even sure if PD's Resistance SA is working correctly right now, maybe it's just luck but the last few times I've used / fought him I never noticed him resisting any obvious debuffs. EDIT: This is probably because I was seeing the Catalyst / Modifier debuffs affecting him.)

Side note: Does Wildcard reduce HP by 50% Max or 50% Current? I see her so rarely that I can't remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krazete
Idk about Wildcard.

I tried testing this and it's kind of impossible to test cause you need 1 HP for her to kill it seems. The only fighter I have that can get themselves that low is Scarlet and she kills too fast -_-

Of all Doubles, she doesn't even have the highest health stat. Not even out of the Golds.

She ties with evergreen as the highest HP double in gold. HoD does beat them both, but I don't think 3k HP is worth sacrificing having the SA the other two do.

Tbh, I'm not even sure if PD's Resistance SA is working correctly right now

So technically, it is. But IMO PD has become the worst gold ever since they nerfed Resistance to not ignore modifiers and catalysts. To me him and Jazz have no SA, but at least Jazz has a higher HP stat! I diamonded PD specifically to ignore catalysts, and now he's just rotting really.

As far as my opinion, I'm fine with it IFF they re-implement defender diversity in rifts. I've already seen several people making dupe IFs and frankly there's literally no reason not to. If the rift scoring system stays the same, mayyyyyybe we shouldn't buff the most popular and spammable defender in the game. I'm already terrified the games gonna be boring IF-fests soon, don't wanna encourage it further.

So technically, it is. But IMO PD has become the worst gold ever since they nerfed Resistance to not ignore modifiers and catalysts. To me him and Jazz have no SA, but at least Jazz has a higher HP stat! I diamonded PD specifically to ignore catalysts, and now he's just rotting really.

As far as my opinion, I'm fine with it IFF they re-implement defender diversity in rifts. I've already seen several people making dupe IFs and frankly there's literally no reason not to. If the rift scoring system stays the same, mayyyyyybe we shouldn't buff the most popular and spammable defender in the game. I'm already terrified the games gonna be boring IF-fests soon, don't wanna encourage it further.

Thank you for the corrections / clarifications!

Really sucks that PD was done so dirty like that. I understand changing the move stat Resistance to not counter Modifiers / Catalysts because it would defeat the point of many defense teams shift things too far in favor of attackers, but it always felt like PD was supposed to be something a little different from the regular Resistance substat since he existed before the move stat changes. At least it doesn't affect him too much on rift defense?

Agreed on the defender diversity point, which I hadn't considered. I haven't seen too many dupe defenders yet, but that's probably just because we're pretty early in the new rift's lifespan so people haven't had a chance to build them up yet, but I can definitely see how this could become a problem in the future. Perhaps how that could be done in the new system (since we don't have defense scores anymore) is giving bonus points to attackers for every dupe defense variant they defeat?

Reactions: Scorialimit
Thank you for the corrections / clarifications!

Really sucks that PD was done so dirty like that. I understand changing the move stat Resistance to not counter Modifiers / Catalysts because it would defeat the point of many defense teams shift things too far in favor of attackers, but it always felt like PD was supposed to be something a little different from the regular Resistance substat since he existed before the move stat changes. At least it doesn't affect him too much on rift defense?

Agreed on the defender diversity point, which I hadn't considered. I haven't seen too many dupe defenders yet, but that's probably just because we're pretty early in the new rift's lifespan so people haven't had a chance to build them up yet, but I can definitely see how this could become a problem in the future. Perhaps how that could be done in the new system (since we don't have defense scores anymore) is giving bonus points to attackers for every dupe defense variant they defeat?

My idea was to change his resistance boost to something like TTyrant where he gets buffs instead of just resisting debuffs. Maybe he can get armor and blessing. Or some other set of buffs.

I like the "Bonus for beating dupe defenders" idea a lot! It would work in line with how it used to work more or less.

Reactions: Lililira