• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved Inconsistent Filia/Fukua behavior

Lunix Vandal

Reaction score
During this week's Fukua PF, I was surprised to see myself dropping combos against Fukua that I knew to work on Filia. This evening I was able to confirm in training mode: Painwheel's Dash > L5 > Gae Bolga Stinger > L5 fully combos against Filia both midstage and in the corner. Against Fukua, however, the Stinger appears to be minus on hit, allowing Fukua to block or even buffer in a counterattack. I know that in SG2E a factor in Fukua's design was "if a setup/combo works on Filia, it should work on Fukua." Was this not carried over into SGM, or have I found a bug?

(If this is a weird device-specific thing, I'm on iPhone 11 running iOS 14.7.1 and SGM 4.8.0 .)

EDIT: Never mind. I shouldn't be labbing combos while half asleep. >_<

Last edited:
Hmm, I was pretty sure that GBS link does not work on Filia either, at least midscreen. Just tested it myself, it should not, in training mode midscreen I do L5->GBS->L5 and the counter goes red on GBS hit (L5 results in 7 hits, GBS bumps it up to 12, 13th hit becomes red). But I figured out that the link works if you cancel the penultimate hit of L5 (when Painwheel strikes with blades of her fan, cancel on the connection of the third blade, hit count is 6) on both Filia and Fukua - the counter remains white after second L5 connects.

I wonder if that also works for Ms. Fortune, Bella, and Val... Need to test.

I'm on Xiaomi Poco F3, Android 11, MIUI 12.5, Snapdragon 870, 8 GB RAM.

Hmm, I was pretty sure that GBS link does not work on Filia either, at least midscreen. Just tested it myself, it should not, in training mode midscreen I do L5->GBS->L5 and the counter goes red on GBS hit (L5 results in 7 hits, GBS bumps it up to 12, 13th hit becomes red). But I figured out that the link works if you cancel the penultimate hit of L5 (when Painwheel strikes with blades of her fan, cancel on the connection of the third blade, hit count is 6) on both Filia and Fukua - the counter remains white after second L5 connects.

I wonder if that also works for Ms. Fortune, Bella, and Val... Need to test.

I'm on Xiaomi Poco F3, Android 11, MIUI 12.5, Snapdragon 870, 8 GB RAM.
Ah, that would explain it -- not cancelling the L5 during the PF due to lack of sleep, but then doing it by muscle memory while "testing" Filia the next day (and forgetting to on Fukua because I'd already convinced myself it wouldn't work). :oops:

(I also gave it a few tries on the other three just now. It doesn't look like cancelling the L5 makes the link work midscreen -- their respective knees move just a little too far away for the L1 to hit in time.)

Reactions: Disasterrr19