• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Is there any way to record playback for gameplay as of now?

Wulfden

Reaction score
Exactly what it says on the tin, and if so what can we use? I've seen Moisterrific and others who are able to record video playback flawlessly, but I'm not sure myself what can work in order to capture bugs and other addendum for quality of life.

While it would be nice to capture fights when you have a particular nice session, or just showing off the collection and relic pulls, being able to record gameplay in someway would be a great way at capturing bugs more effectively and give a little more incentive to watch people get absolutely destroyed by a Merry-Go-Rilla and Cerestinger than myself!

Right now I use the built-in record screen feature in iOS 11, it works pretty well with my iPhone 6S since there's little to no loss in capture quality or frame rate. But YMMV depending on how old or new your iOS device is. Dunno how to record stuff on androidOS so you'll have to ask folks who use those phones.

I agree, it would be more convenient to have recording baked right into the game, alongside options for sharing directly to social media. But if they were to add a recording feature in-game, it should be better than what I currently use: like having options where we can choose to show or hide certain UI elements like HP bar, damage numbers, status effects, etc.

Reactions: TRIX and Wulfden
Right now I use the built-in record screen feature in iOS 11, it works pretty well with my iPhone 6S since there's little to no loss in capture quality or frame rate. But YMMV depending on how old or new your iOS device is. Dunno how to record stuff on androidOS so you'll have to ask folks who use those phones.

I agree, it would be more convenient to have recording baked right into the game, alongside options for sharing directly to social media. But if they were to add a recording feature in-game, it should be better than what I currently use: like having options where we can choose to show or hide certain UI elements like HP bar, damage numbers, status effects, etc.
Gotcha! Currently I run android so I've just been using Youtube Gaming as an app. Problem being, the recording also records external audio so, say you tap on the screen, you're going to hear it then simply just the game's audio.

Add in the watermark for youtube and sometimes video lag... Sometimes, it's no fun thing.

But, an in game recorder or more options to share socially for SG mobile could really help out in showing off or just getting more things out there like in the forums or wherever need be. It may be rather difficult to insert a recording feature similar to the youtube gaming app or the built in iPhone feature (seeing as this was a OS thing, I imagine Android should step it up a bit tbh) I think the idea of being able to perhaps stream the game itself with some edits to the HUD or interface would be perfect especially to get rid of those pesky volume bars when trying to gauge the recording or simply not to have so much lag in your stream with things being juggled here and there.

Reactions: MXDEX
I think i can help since I'm an Android user. I can achieve quality up to 1440hp if needed.

I think i can help since I'm an Android user. I can achieve quality up to 1440hp if needed.
Ah! Thank you! If it's alright, would you mind explaining how you record gameplay in Mobile or what apps you use currently to achieve that quality? Much obliged!

Well it depends if it's a basic record for Instagram or Twitter i use basic recordings like mobizen but when i do youtube videos i don't use mobizen. I use my galaxy s8 for the 1440hp quality then i use my pc to do hard editing just like in my last skullgirls video.^^

Just got the iOS 11 update yesterday, and I plan on making use of the recording feature. I’ll have to download the LINE app so that I can change my ingame name (don’t want my real name out there, ya know?)

Reactions: moisterrific
Well it depends if it's a basic record for Instagram or Twitter i use basic recordings like mobizen but when i do youtube videos i don't use mobizen. I use my galaxy s8 for the 1440hp quality then i use my pc to do hard editing just like in my last skullgirls video.^^
How do you actually record video using the Galaxy S8?

Pretty easy^^ it's an built in game recorder for your choice of quality along with facecam or non. It can go as high as 1080p with a Bitrate of 14mps. But for advanced quality i convert it into 1440p quality^^