• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

is this bug? or intended?

AJOU

Reaction score
basic attack 5 -> DragNBite -> basic attack 5

in this combo, sometimes there's reversal chances to break it. it works well in most times, but sometimes, like dealing with painwheel or cereb, combo meter chainges to red between DragNBite and basic attacks.

i suppose that it's because of her basic attack's first jap's mechanism. it has short range and slow reach out speed.

by doing some observation, i found out that after dragNbite, if the range between squig and enemy is far enough, basic attack 1's reaching delay is become longer than dragNbite's stiff duration. so the combo meter turns to red, and enemy can uses blockbusters or special moves to break the combo.

and also,

dash attack 1 -> basic attack 5

this combo has such a random factor. it works great sometimes, but in most time ememy uses blockbuster between dash attack and basic attacks.

how do you guys think about it? is it intended to supress squig's high combo potential? or just a science?

squiggly is good and lovely character, but it seems that she has some unstable factors.

Reactions: Gamma Ray
As far as I know the hitbox for her "basic attack 1" comes out as a whole, it doesnt actually transition from left to right. This means you just aren't tapping fast enough after charged DragNBite if you get a red combo meter. Ground Combo -> charged DragNBite -> Ground Combo should always be true.

As for the dash attack into jab Im not sure what the issue might be. Sometimes her Dash Attack hits from too far away to connect a "basic attack 1" I think?

Reactions: MatDestruction
As far as I know the hitbox for her "basic attack 1" comes out as a whole, it doesnt actually transition from left to right. This means you just aren't tapping fast enough after charged DragNBite if you get a red combo meter. Ground Combo -> charged DragNBite -> Ground Combo should always be true.

As for the dash attack into jab Im not sure what the issue might be. Sometimes her Dash Attack hits from too far away to connect a "basic attack 1" I think?

i'm tapping screen continuously from the starting of the dragNbite and same problem always accurs.

it's not hardware problem i think, cuz im using samsung galaxy s9.

i'm tapping screen continuously from the starting of the dragNbite and same problem always accurs.

it's not hardware problem i think, cuz im using samsung galaxy s9.
The window is very small, only a few frames. That's small enough to be missed inbetween taps.

The window is very small, only a few frames. That's small enough to be missed inbetween taps.
whoa, so it's theoretically perfect combo, but the input lag or some kinda thing is the problem, you mean?

thanks for the answer! now i got the idea.

after some observation, i found out two ways to get counter in dragNbite combo.

all videoes were taken by samsung galaxy s9, with gaming mode, FHD+, continuoustly tabbed from the starting of the dragNbite to the end of the combo.

1.just a glitch or something

2.distance problem

distance one is the same problem with the dash attack or launcher missing problem in ground-launcher combo.

but the first one, the 'glitch or something', i couldn't figure out what's the problem. i think it's her nature problem, like her dash attack's "delay" problem(not the missing one).

because of this, i don't think the ground-dragNbite-ground combo is a "combo". it gives enemy 'random' counter chance to use BBs, which messes up the whole fight.

it's very powerful special move, though. and if you cancel it with BB, no counter chance occurs. so i recommend to use "ground-dragNbite-BB(dragNdrop or daisy pusher)" combo, rather than the original one.

i tested this thing again and again during 1 weeks, but always had this red combo problems. i'd like to hear other squigly users' feedbacks with this "ground-dragNbite-ground" problem.

Yeah I stopped running Drag N Bite because it's too inconsistent. I don't know if it is intentional or not but I lost too many Squigly's trying to combo off of Drag N Bite (when charged).

It about the distance between her and the fighter on the final hit if you're right in there face you usually continue the combo no issue but if they have some distance the gap is long enough for them to counter.

It's similar to her issue with the uppercut in that there are situations were she can whiff her uppercut but the rest of her combo is fine.

Reactions: AJOU
Yeah I stopped running Drag N Bite because it's too inconsistent. I don't know if it is intentional or not but I lost too many Squigly's trying to combo off of Drag N Bite (when charged).

It about the distance between her and the fighter on the final hit if you're right in there face you usually continue the combo no issue but if they have some distance the gap is long enough for them to counter.

It's similar to her issue with the uppercut in that there are situations were she can whiff her uppercut but the rest of her combo is fine.

glad to see one suffering with same problem!

because of this problem, i replaced dragNbite with taunt(poltergust) or battle opera(bio-exorcist)

My Drag'n'Bite combo counter comes red with a 20% probability.

glad to see one suffering with same problem!

because of this problem, i replaced dragNbite with taunt(poltergust) or battle opera(bio-exorcist)

Personally I role with Inferno, Rage, DnD, Battle Opera, and Silver Chord for Poltergust. Charged Inferno places curse on opponents and you get the 100% damage bonus since you just need to wait for one of their BBs to be fully charged.

Rage and BO are just too good with DnD and Silver Chord for combo potential even if the wither is counter-intuitive to her SA.

Looking back at those old videos, you can use the '.' key on your keyboard to advance one frame at a time on YouTube. The first video is not a glitch, but it's just the fact that the window for hitting L1 Drag N Bite is tight, and sometimes you will miss it if you are wailing on the screen with your finger with no sense of timing.

We can look into improving the hitstun on the final hit to allow for more consistent links when charged, perhaps.

As for #2, that's just a product of using the move like that. If you want to be able to link L1 after charged DnB, you may need to cut your ground chain short to stay closer to your opponent. We could also increase her horizontal speed during the move, but, Squigly is already a combo monster...

Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: Gamma Ray and AJOU