• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Sandydandy

Reaction score
Hey all, first post I’ve made here so quick apology if this post isn’t the neatest.

I wanted to quickly write and ask about a potential change to one of my favorite palettes, Lapis Luxury Eliza. As many of you probably know Lapis is most likely the weakest Eliza’s in the game, next to Mummy Dearest. Her signature ability doesn’t really do much but act as a way to maybe defeat one opponent at best. Her one time use signature abilities leaves her kind of useless after you’ve used them, and even the abilities themselves don’t really warrant much value for a one time use. Mirror opponent meter really doesn’t matter for Eliza because if she’s in the back she probably already has meter to use, and adding one debuff, armor break, for one time seems kind of pointless. Her second ability while somewhat useful, and potentially problematic if changed to a non one time use, isn’t really strong enough to make a large difference for the rest of the match. Essentially her biggest issue in my opinion is that she’s just a base Eliza with gold stats and a gimmicky signature ability. Once that ability is used up, she provides nothing to the team that any other Eliza couldn’t do just as well if not better. I mainly wanted to ask for a rework, but I have a few potential ideas if anyone who would want her changed, or could change her, would like an idea of what could be done. Some ideas are stronger than others and some are just easier and more doable, so I hope it’s a good balance between what could be really cool and what’s actually possible to change. Here’s my take.

Lapis_Luxury.png
Option 1, The Smallest Tweek

Signature Ability 1
When TAGGING IN, gain 25/35/50% (percent value can vary if too much or not enough) BLOCKBUSTER meter and inflict ARMOR BREAK for 10/12/15 seconds.

Signature Ability 2
Once per match when using a LEVEL 3 BLOCKBUSTER, switch HEALTH percentages with the opponent and gain HEAVY REGEN for 10/12/15 seconds.

Simplest change that I think makes her much more usable than before. Editing her first ability is simply and makes her feel less gimmicky if she at least has a permanent ability that isn't a one time use. This option basically just makes her the same with an edit, it's easy to change and makes her at least something that's not primarily a one time use character.

Option 2, Small Flavor

Signature Ability 1
When TAGGING IN, mirror opponents buffs and inflict ARMOR BREAK (Inflict armor break can be taken off) for 10/12/15 seconds (Time can be adjusted).

2nd Ability the same

This is a version I think is much more fun and matches the mirror idea better. Instead of gaining meter she gains buffs. I'm not too sure if there's many characters in the game who can mirror buffs. There is an Eliza who can gain buffs from teammates elements but not from opponents, and with eliza's easy buff removal options it can be a great way to not only answer strong buff characters but use them to make Eliza stronger. Some ideas for counter matchups could be Shadow Puppet and Weekend Warrior. I figure having a decent 1st signature ability would lessen the issue of a one time 2nd ability with a potential instant KO. Think current Windstalker, she now has a very strong 1st, making the 2nd less of an issue. This is just an option for changing one ability if someone wanted to keep the other, and if it was easier for the team to change one.

Option 3, 2nd Ability Alt

1st Ability either of the first two options.

Signature Ability 2
When using a LEVEL 3 BLOCKBUSTER, gain 3/4/5 stacks of Armor, Barrier, or Autoblock 5/8/10 seconds.

This is just a super simple option if the team wanted to just change the 2nd ability for something very simple. All are water buffs so I figured they'd work well for this Eliza since she doesn't have many defence variants and this would be a small aid to that. She could have an offensive 1st ability that's halfway decent and a 2nd halfway decent ability as well, leaning more into her jack of all trades master of none archetype. Again this is a very small change, the buffs can be swapped to just be one instead of 3 options, and the stacks and time can also be edited for convenience. This wouldn't make her that much stronger but it would be a much more usable option for offence and defence.​

Option 4, Adding Spice

1st Ability either of the first two options.

Signature Ability 2
When using a LEVEL 3 BLOCKBUSTER, swap any opponent buffs to a debuff of the same element for 10/12/15 seconds. (potential option to reset timers on any buffs Eliza has).

Another option that can be useful for more buff management, this time an eliza who wants the opponent to have buffs in order to swap them for debuffs. It could be interesting to see a different take on Eliza, one that could make chaos banish less important and leave room for other move builds. This is another small but much more interesting change I think would make her at least more viable than previous options.

Option 5, Misma or Bleed
I haven't figured out how best to write the ability here, but since this is a water based character it might be fun to make an offensive fighter who can simulate drowning. Misma and bleed are the closest I can think of for that, maybe whither as well. Of course it could be too strong, so I haven't yet balanced the idea in my head yet, but if anyone was interested in a complete rework this could be an option.​

Option 6, The Wild Card

Signature Ability 1
When TAGGING IN, mirror opponents buffs and inflict ARMOR BREAK (Inflict armor break can be taken off) for 10/12/15 seconds (Time can be adjusted)..

Once per match when using a LEVEL 3 BLOCKBUSTER, Eliza can turn one of her current buffs into a permanent buff. Does not work for Final Stand and Blessings, permanent buff is removed when tagging out.

This is I think the most fun and interesting rework that could be done with Lapis Luxury. I think having the option to mirror opponent buffs is fun and unique, especially with Eliza's multiple buff removal options. I also think a one time use ability can work under certain conditions, so this option I think is a good balance of all of that. I think gaining a permanent buff with a level 3 is a fair one time use ability that isn't strong enough that it's broken but is interesting enough to be desired. Tagging her out takes it away, and having it not work on final stand and blessings keeps her from being unkillable. It also gives the player the choice of how they want to play her, tag her in a leave her to gain her a permanent buff, or keep her tagging in and out for more buff options. Either way she has some kind of strength that's usable and intricate. There's a few different characters who have abilities granting permanent buffs, a few annies come to mind. So I don't think it would be too out there for a gold to gain a one time permanent buff under certain conditions. This is probably the least likely option to use but It's the one I think would be the most unique and fun to play. It's something that makes her more desirable to pick up and more usable in fights.​

These are my current ideas, please feel free to share feedback and your own suggestions for how you think Lapis can be improved. Thanks for ready along with me this long and best wishes.

Lapis is funny and weird for a gold. Its hard to consider she is viable in offense or defense. SA1 can be a bit modified coz it is the one useless on def because of forced tag in by outtake so it should be changed to something else. Your suggestions are pretty sold bro on that. For SA2 I guess it should link with her marquee Ritual sacrifice (maybe coz i dont have her). Overall She is very bad at def being a water gold, I don't know how good she is at off.

Reactions: Sandydandy
I like all the mirror references aligning with the palette's inspiration. My favorite is Option 6, but I would tweak it slightly so SA1 is always available (even 1 vs 1 Rift).

SA1
When TAGGING IN, When using a SEKHMET BLOCKBUSTER, mirror opponent's buffs and inflict ARMOR BREAK for 10/12/15 seconds

SA2
Once per match when using a LEVEL 3 BLOCKBUSTER, Eliza can turn one of her current buffs into a permanent buff. Does not work for Final Stand and Blessings, permanent buff is removed when tagging out.

I dunno, am I being too greedy?

"I'm done being everyone's prisoner! Now you're MY prisoner! And I'm never letting you go!" - Lapis Luxury Eliza quote

Maybe some kind of SA that incorporates DISABLE TAG INS and GUARD BREAK (or FATIGUE or IMMOBILIZE) to capture that quote's feeling. Something like the longer you are "trapped," the more severe the debuffs increase.

SA2
I liked this. But don't forget about: Barrier, Evasion and Invincible

Last edited:
I didn't saw that but the idea is amazing I wanna see permanent invincibility (till now i saw it only with triple threat) and permanent evasion.
@Diony Precision hits can be dangerous if you get slippery especially during sekmet mode with unblockable charge attack

I liked this. But don't forget about: Barrier, Evasion and Invincible
Excellent point. Invincibility would also have to go, same with evasion. Barrier wouldn't be an issue though, even as a permanent buff it doesn't refill after you've damaged through the stack. Like you only have one stack of barrier, and when it's depleted it doesn't refill or come back. I noticed this during one of the PF's. My opponent had permanent barrier and when I hit them it just went away and didn't come back. For some reason it works like that. But the other buffs can definitely be excluded.