• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Make Double's voice more understandable

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
I haven't played Skullgirls on console/PC, so I don't know how faithful Double's voice is. I get that it's supposed to be garbled. However, I find that I understand virtually none of what she is saying. I can tell what she's saying when she's selected as a character ("Your sins have no absolution"), but I have yet to be able to understand any of her post-fight lines, which for most characters are the best lines. The combination of her garbled voice, the music, and her slimy sound effects makes her unintelligible. I've already got my music down to 50%; I don't want to have to turn down the music completely to hear just Double (especially since the music is entertaining).

Please, consider doing something to make Double easier to hear/understand, especially for her post-fight lines.

Honestly I played console when it came out and I never knew what she was saying was supposed to be intelligible words sdsesghxhs

Reactions: JAMES D JONES
I understand ONE of Double’s phrases. “Your sins have no absolution.” And even then I’ve probably misunderstood that last word of it.

I do know some of her quotes when winning,

that which being: "To fight is futile. Aeon has foretold our victory."

"Your world's end draws ever closer"

"How fitting, now you will be sacrificed to the Great Mother" (Against Eliza)

and then one opening line of: "I'll gladly accept your tithe... In blood."

However, it's her voice effect that's far too loud that sometimes makes it seems as though you can only hear her gurgling or making some odd noise instead of garbled speech. Pity, but, hey what can we say?

I do know some of her quotes when winning,

that which being: "To fight is futile. Aeon has foretold our victory."

"Your world's end draws ever closer"

"How fitting, now you will be sacrificed to the Great Mother" (Against Eliza)

and then one opening line of: "I'll gladly accept your tithe... In blood."

However, it's her voice effect that's far too loud that sometimes makes it seems as though you can only hear her gurgling or making some odd noise instead of garbled speech. Pity, but, hey what can we say?
Whoever does her voicework doesn't actually sound all demonic like that; that stuff is done post recording. They probably took audio straight from the main game and applied it to the mobile version, but that doesn't mean they couldn't edit those files after the fact. It's entirely possible for the devs to make her auDouble. :p

Whoever does her voicework doesn't actually sound all demonic like that; that stuff is done post recording. They probably took audio straight from the main game and applied it to the mobile version, but that doesn't mean they couldn't edit those files after the fact. It's entirely possible for the devs to make her auDouble. :p
Aw... Well, while I know it's all post recording, I can't say the inner hope that maybe the VA was really a demon was sorta far fetched...

I haven't played Skullgirls on console/PC, so I don't know how faithful Double's voice is
100% faithful!
There are many things that we can change when it comes to our interpretation of the cast from the console / PC version of Skullgirls, but at the moment, voice acting is not one of those.

That being said, Double's demonic and garbled voice is very much part of the design.

If you're interested in reading Double's lines, you can find them here:
http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Double/Quotes

I find that after reading a quote, it's a lot easier to understand it in game.

(Similar to being able to sing along to your favourite song easier after reading the lyrics.)

Speaking of Double's voice, is there any chance we'll be getting a version of Double with her Republican voice? I think that would be hilarious honestly, especially since her's is the most distinct, along with Painwheel, out of the alt voices.

Speaking of Double's voice, is there any chance we'll be getting a version of Double with her Republican voice? I think that would be hilarious honestly, especially since her's is the most distinct, along with Painwheel, out of the alt voices.
I#d personally prefer the alt voices to be purchasable/unlockable instead of tied to certain cards

I know this is off the subject how do get the untouchanle peacock?

I know this is off the subject how do get the untouchanle peacock?
Uh the Peacock PF when it comes up if you do well enough in it you're guaranteed to get an Untouchable, the other is open some Peacock boxes and hope you get a gold, you can get some if you do her story mode :^o

BUT ANYWAY
Maybe added perks for beating a character's origin story?
This is obviously asking a lot of the developers but I still wish for a new mode tbh ;^^
The one I've always had in mind was a lab fortress mode where you use all your unused fighters to defend a base, where you can unlock custom skins for fighters. Maybe you can use it to work towards a voice pack for a character!
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/lab-fortress-mode-that-gives-alt-colors.508/ here's the link to that post I already made :^o