• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other More options for players to spend $$$ on

Dusty00

Reaction score
We were told that the game needs more funding to develop more characters and content. See this thread for more detail.

I'd love to support SGM development more, but it's very mysterious how their marketing/finance person comes up with the price tags for in-app purchases... Anyone who can do Math will know that most of the "special, limited deals" don't add up. The only deals that are worth getting are: Canopy Coin Mega Pack for $29.99, Royal Renoir Pack at $99.99, and the 5,000 + 2,200 Bonus Theonite pack for $99.99 (and convert them into Canopy Coins at 1,600 for 1,840,000 coins). Everything else just has terrible conversion rate.

I'm hoping that we can create some win-win situation where more IAP options can be added to the game for Quality of Life improvements for end-game players. It will give us a chance to better support you financially while preventing us from burning out for playing too much of mindless grinding. (Heck, even Gamma is getting burnt out now..) Anyway, here we go with the ideas:

1. Daily Events auto-clear function for $9.99/month.
With this purchase, you receive via mail all the rewards you would get from clearing Daily Event nodes normally daily. No more mindless daily events auto-play grind.

2. Prize Fights Head Start for $4,99/month.
With this purchase, the player ALWAYS start prize fights at Streak 15. No more wasted time to build up streaks.

3. EXP Boost for $14.99/month.
With this purchase, your character earns 3x EXP from prize fights.

4. EXP capsule for $9.99/month.
With this purchase, you activate an EXP capsule where your Maxed leveled characters will convert EXP they earn into the capsule. Once the EXP capsule is fully charged, you can use it on any character of your choice to level them up. This capsule should also apply to Rift Battles so we are not spending time rifting without the ability to continue growing character collection.

There should then be a Mega-pack of all of the above at a discounted rate of $29.99/month for all of the above "perks". Obviously SGM should figure out price-point that works for them. The above price is what I personally feel is fair, and is comparable to other "subscription-based" games out in the market.

Then here are some 1-off purchase ideas:

Character Rental x1 for $4.99.
With this item, you are given 1 temporary lv50 character (evolved to Diamond) of choice (excluding natural diamond tiers) that has fully unlocked skill nodes and lv1 Marquee. This character cannot gain level and is purely for assisting with late-streak prize fights or Rift Nodes. This allows players to try out characters they could never get due to RNG, and at the same time just powerful enough to compete. Limited/special characters should not be available to keep them "rare".

Character Transmutation x 1 for $4.99.
With this item, you can sacrifice copies of the same characters (dupes) to re-roll it to a random character of the same tier. So, 5 Golds into a new random gold, and 2 Diamonds into a random Diamond. This provides a way for end-game players to do something with dupe characters.

Move Stat Selector x 1 for $4.99.
With this item, you can change "one" stat of a move into the stat of choice.

Move "Evolve" item x 1 for $4.99.
With this item, you can "evolve" silver moves into gold moves. 3 of 4 stats from the silver moves will be selected randomly.

I would recommend that each item purchase is limited to 1 per month, so not to over-accelerate progress and create this divide between F2P and paying players. The intention is to reduce frustration built from RNG messing with you, and provide players a way to still slowly make definite progress at a monthly pace when they've reached end game.

Got other ideas? Let us know how you would like to spend your money to support SGM :D

At this point I've done something I said I'd never do and that's spend more on a mobile game than I would a triple A console game. I'd be willing to do some kind of subscription or a method of support for new content like a kick starter or a dlc pack or something. It'd also be cool to be able to purchase some merch, like those sweet cards they've been showing off at combo breaker etc.

Reactions: Diony and Dusty00
At this point I've done something I said I'd never do and that's spend more on a mobile game than I would a triple A console game. I'd be willing to do some kind of subscription or a method of support for new content like a kick starter or a dlc pack or something. It'd also be cool to be able to purchase some merch, like those sweet cards they've been showing off at combo breaker etc.
Oh I would grab those cards in a heartbeat if they are available. I get that they are exclusive prizes for people who attend events but not everyone has the luxury to take time off and travel.

Reactions: Manowar
Appreciate the suggestions!

I think you may be pleased about some features arriving in our next couple of updates... perhaps even 3.4. (dun dun)

Keep an eye on our socials for the latest and greatest. ;)

I like most of those ideas, @Jaz00, and I'm thrilled to hear that perhaps 3.4 will introduce some stuff along those lines.

I'm especially a fan of anything that addresses the daily events (given you beat them x amount of time already), "lost" exp on maxed characters, and grinding fodders.

The overall experience you get is fine by me, but it's tedious to fork that amount where you need it. Requires too many taps, too much time spent filtering/scrolling and using too many fighters you don't want to play.

Reactions: Dusty00 and Diony
Exp boost is really needed. It's harmful that spend many hours per day trainning charactors and farming skill points.
About the autoclear i think the daily events should be cleared by urself at least once then the auto effects. Instead of monthly expenses the service can be offered by tickets which you can get with coin/theonite, and decide when to use it.