• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection More time efficient management of SM/BB

ar13

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but I find it quite a pain dealing with new moves that are earned either through dailies, relics or from new characters.
If it's one or two of them, then it's ok to just commit to memory what moves those were before going into the collection and look at their stats to see whether to keep or sell them.
When opening 10 or more move relics though, that's where things get really painful. Would it be possible just to add a filter for new moves? I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Sigh
We been asking for some kind of filter/sorting/view-stat-&-sale-on-the-spot solution for moves since forever.
Hope you find your own way to deal with this soon.

I know we've been saying "we'd love to do it" for a year now, but we really would love to do it. It's just been tough to prioritize these QoL changes over other things in our 2018 / 2019 plans thread.

These changes are not easy, and require tons of engineering hours. Being a very small team makes it tough to start this.

However, the two main things on our mind to help with this:

- Mark moves (and characters) as NEW in your collection, have a way to easily find them.
- Add an option to view the stats of a move when you earn it, with an additional option to sell it RIGHT THERE so you don't have to go to your collection after. CC @Ryouhi...

The second one is something I'm personally invested in making happen eventually, but we'll just have to see how things go. Hopefully for 2019 <3.

I know we've been saying "we'd love to do it" for a year now, but we really would love to do it. It's just been tough to prioritize these QoL changes over other things in our 2018 / 2019 plans thread.

These changes are not easy, and require tons of engineering hours. Being a very small team makes it tough to start this.

- Mark moves (and characters) as NEW in your collection, have a way to easily find them.
- Add an option to view the stats of a move when you earn it, with an additional option to sell it RIGHT THERE so you don't have to go to your collection after. CC @Ryouhi...

The second one is something I'm personally invested in making happen eventually, but we'll just have to see how things go. Hopefully for 2019 <3.
This alone would already help immensely with spending less time searching through your collection and selling everything one by one :)

Oh the backend engineering does sound very time consuming. You’re talking about redoing the foundation of a house rather than just some cosmetic changes there! Hopefully the 3 new people you are hiring and the coffee machine will help!

I do want to take a moment to address the fact that QoL changes isn’t a top priority for HV at the moment. I end up spending hours each week just analyzing moves 1 at a time to purge them rather than actually “playing” the game. While it’s understandable that HV currently doesn’t have the resources to make QoL changes, please keep in mind that you are making your users “work” to compensate the flaws of your system. If I can save a couple of hours each week for not having to purge moves, I’d be happy to pay someone to do that - and that someone would be HV, right? So think about the priority and importantance of QoL improvements for your long term users. Personally I’d rather see those changes over new contents, because what’s the point of playing a game that you need to “work” on before you can get to the fun content? I am already drowning for time to get through current content (rift just made this game from part time to a full time game...)

I digress and apologize for ranting. Back to the topic, one idea that may require less programming is to add an additional Sort criteria of “favorites” or “lock”. While we can currently sort by equipped/not equipped, there are many moves that I slap on bronze/silver fighters so they can benefit from some stat bonuses. However, those are the moves that I will want to sell when I get a better one to replace due to limited move spaces (I expanded up to 600 and it’s still close to full all the time). The real challenge is to be able to quickly identify and exclude one’s that I want to keep but haven’t had the Coins to upgrade to high enough of a level to sort by level. With a favorite or lock field in sort, the user doesn’t have to worry about accidentally selling a move.

Another idea is to add a “filter” function that lets us sort with more than 1 criterion. Being able to sort by unequipped and then by level and then by character, it would be easier to identify which moves are junk and which ones aren’t.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully my opinions make sense and the ideas are constructive for HV to consider.

Reactions: Ryouhi