• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Need clarification on attack priority

infine

Reaction score
Initially I wanted to post it under known bugs & issues, but it's probably not a bug, so questions first.

So I be Claw'n'Order chillin' round Yu-Wan's place, and here comes that Harequin bullrushing me with her Battle Butt, so I decide to Feral Edge her out of it... Next thing I know both of us are on the floor with a terrible headache.

I was under impression that BB attack priority is generally above Special attack priority, so you should generally be able to BB people out of their specials (or, rather, BBs are full of invul frames so you should not care about dangerous pointy stuff flying around), but apparently it's not the case in this Feral Edge VS Battle Butt contest. Both characters got knocked back with Feral Edge only doing the launcher (and normally Feral Edge can, say, launch Big Band out of his unflinching dash).

So question is whether
1) My understanding of attack priority is wrong
2) Feral Edge is a special case being a complex 2-part move
3) It's all complicated with both Battle Butt and Feral Edge being special snowflakes

Reactions: Psyche
I looked into this, and the issue is that her invincibility frames of the launcher portion end on her active frames, not after them. This means that if there is an active hitbox (Battle Butt) sitting on her when she uses Feral Edge, she will always trade.

I'll make a note to tweak this so that she's invincible until the active frames on her attack are over to prevent trades.

Good catch!