• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Neuromancer Painwheel

fanghoul

Reaction score
Link to Preview

https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1184678329015648256?s=20

Name is the title of a book I don't know enough about to say anything more.

Her SA appears to be INSANE, draining meter from her opponent when her attacks are blocked, and dealing damage to the back row fighters at the same time as the front row one.

Honestly, if the speculations from the preview turn out to be correct, she will be an absolute killer in Rifts. Just imagine: if you turtle, she will build BB3 extremely quick and kill not only your frontline fighter, but also damage others. Plus, you won't be able to use reversal BBs since your meter is drained. If you play aggressively, PW's AI is pretty good now with intercepting you using Buer Thresher or sweeps. Even if you manage to land some hits, Grudge is going to spoil the party - enjoy being BBed again, but now with Enrage!

Diva could be a good option to counter her, but again, multiple hits -> Grudge -> timeout loss.

Neuromancer in her current state can be the first nerf candidate, IMHO. But let's see how it goes...

My personal counter would be Purrfect Dark Ms. Fortune. I'm pretty decent at intercepting with Fiber Stretch, which also breaks armor and sets up for El Gato. Eventually having curse up will also help out.

That said, having one counter doesn't make Neuromancer not overpowered.

Seems broken. I don’t like the idea of damaging the characters in reserve bypassing all defensive signature abilities, marquees, catalysts and whatever.

(sorry, can't stop posting these data summaries like this!)
NEUROMANCER PAINWHEEL
Element:
Dark
Variant: Diamond
Palette: #7 Brain Drain
First Appearance: perhaps coming soon in 3.5 (Oct. 2019)
Quote: "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."

Signature Ability
PSYCHE OUT

Attack is blocked = absorb meter
Attack hits = damage enemy and their benched teammates

Truly terrifying. Whatever this Painwheel does, she is going to either take your meter or your HP.

And according to Google, that quote is apparently attributed to... the starfish from Spongebob Squarepants?

Just a quick estimate, she takes down a 16.8k FS Beowulf and the silver to tag in is at about 50% health. I know a silver Hype-man has around 11k HP, while the Diamond beowulf that level would have around 40k HP I'd guess? The closest I have is a 14.2k FS one with around 33k HP.

So that's in the ballpark of dealing 1/8th of the damage dealt to the person in front to the teammates.

Not sure how I feel about that. It seems really powerful, especially since I'd put a high premium on killing people that get down to 1% then tag out.

Just fought a maxed out neuromancer on rift and it’s ridiculous: a single dash and ground combo on block filled up her bb3. Of course the bb3 not only killed my character it also did good damage to my other 2 chars. Completely broken. Please nerf.

Reactions: Disasterrr19
Claw and Order with Fiber Upper > El Gato > Cat Slide moves is very effective against Neuromancer. Love Crafted and Bad Ms Frosty are also good options since they disabling BBs.

It won't be long 'til we all start to see Transducer Nerumancers in rift.

It wasn’t even on the transducer node. It was inertia node. I can only imagine the absurdity of that neuromancer on the transducer node.

How reliable is intercepting against Rift AI? I just want to know if that is a viable method of beating Neuromancer at all

How reliable is intercepting against Rift AI? I just want to know if that is a viable method of beating Neuromancer at all
Painwheel is sorta hard to intercept while dashing in my opinion because of her speed and dash attack I guess, for some reason the L1 never hits so i have to try to intercept her with the L2 or L3 which is pretty difficult. I do think neuromancer needs a bit of a nerf but it shouldn't change her SAs entirely. Maybe it should be nerfed from 10% blockbuster meter drained per hit to 5% blockbuster meter.

Last edited:
Painwheel is sorta hard to intercept while dashing in my opinion because of her speed and dash attack I guess, for some reason the L1 never hits so i have to try to intercept her with the L2 or L3 which is pretty difficult. I do think neuromancer needs a bit of a nerf but it shouldn't change her SAs entirely. Maybe it should be nerfed from 10% blockbuster meter drained per hit.
I agree. Cool SA, but if getting hit by her once means getting stuck and inevitably dying by BB3, it's too much.

So, best way to counter painwheel abusive meter drain is to be ready, let her punch you right in the face so she doesn´t gain extra BB for blocking, and then, when you die, quickly make a wither related counter atta... oh wait...

Reactions: cappatacus
I don't know why I'm reporting this, because I like my Neuromancer, but to emphasize just how broken she feels, using death crawl with her is bonkers. If your opponent is blocking, it will empty all their blockbusters, fill all of yours completely including death crawl again, and then in my experience leave a small opening where you can easily use her BB3. Then you can just wait for them to block again, death crawl, rinse and repeat.

Her SA2 feels a lot less significant in practice. If you have it maxed out, and manage to deal 100% damage to an opponent using blockbusters, it only does 15% of that to their teamates, and they start healing from it immediately. I've pretty easily killed a lot of people with BB3s, but the people tagging in rarely have lost more than 5% of their life by then. It's not useless, but it's doesn't feel anywhere near as game breaking.

I don't know why I'm reporting this, because I like my Neuromancer, but to emphasize just how broken she feels, using death crawl with her is bonkers. If your opponent is blocking, it will empty all their blockbusters, fill all of yours completely including death crawl again, and then in my experience leave a small opening where you can easily use her BB3. Then you can just wait for them to block again, death crawl, rinse and repeat.

Her SA2 feels a lot less significant in practice. If you have it maxed out, and manage to deal 100% damage to an opponent using blockbusters, it only does 15% of that to their teamates, and they start healing from it immediately. I've pretty easily killed a lot of people with BB3s, but the people tagging in rarely have lost more than 5% of their life by then. It's not useless, but it's doesn't feel anywhere near as game breaking.
Sounds like Bella’s Upper Hand MA before the nerf. The same treatment should make it more balanced.