• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other New Debuff - Dim Vision

SvenZ

Reaction score
DIM VISION
Dim Vision.png
ACCURACY is ignored
CRIT DAMAGE is reduced by 30%
Removes DEADEYE upon activation.

Deadeye is being added to more and more characters. Its effects severely counter certain variants, and makes characters like Dahlia especially powerful on offense. This new debuff exists to counter Deadeye and also weaken proc dependent characters.

In order for this new debuff to be fair however, Deadeye will now also remove Dim Vision upon activation. So the modifiers will be:

Deadeye:
Attacks ignore the opponent’s DEFENSE and will not trigger the effects of AUTO-BLOCK, UNFLINCHING, EVASION, or THORNS. Removes DIM VISION upon activation.

Last edited:
The idea itself is good, but since there are many fighters who don't need accuracy, only lowering it will make it useless against these fighters anything other than countering deadeye, and it's hard to deny the lack of power. I think it can be more powerful with little adjustment, so here is my suggestion of improvement!

Dim vision:
ACCURACY will ignored and CRIT DAMAGE will decrease by 30%. Remove DEADEYE upon activation.

- I think adding crit damage decrease will make it more stronger. Basic crit damage is 35%, so if you inflict dim vision against a fighter who doesn't have increased crit damage, it will only increase by 5 percent!

- This is also a countermeasure against the current crit-specialized fighters that is wrecking in match environment. This will dilute their strength somewhat. However, still be careful about deathmark.

Last edited:
The idea itself is good, but since there are many fighters who don't need accuracy, only lowering it will make it useless against these fighters anything other than countering deadeye, and it's hard to deny the lack of power. I think it can be more powerful with little adjustment, so here is my suggestion of improvement!

Dim vision:
ACCURACY will ignored and CRIT DAMAGE will decrease by 30%. Remove DEADEYE upon activation.

- I think adding crit damage decrease will make it more stronger. Basic crit damage is 35%, so if you inflict dim vision against a fighter who doesn't have increased crit damage, it will only increase by 5 percent!

- This is also a countermeasure against the current crit-specialized fighters that is wrecking in match environment. This will dilute their strength somewhat.
I like that. I'll included it to the suggestion. Crit strike chance might make more sense thematically, but that may end up more as a positive than a negative, given to the whole critless meta for certain variants/characters

Reactions: Aoskull

Dim vision:

- This is also a countermeasure against the current crit-specialized fighters that is wrecking in match environment. This will dilute their strength somewhat. However, still be careful about deathmark.
I started thinking. What if this becomes a stackable debuff? The removes Deadeye and reduces Accuracy to 0 will be consistent. However, the Crit damage reduction can be increased with subsequent applications. My reasoning is that Death Mark increases Crit Damage taken by 50%, while Dim Vision only reduces by 30%.

So my idea is. We either bump Dim Vision's Crit Damage Reduction from 30% to 50%
OR
Have it reduce Crit Damage by 15% per application. 5 stacks at max. That would be a 75% reduction.

This goes hand in hand with countering Dahlia's Prestige specifically, since she both gains Deadeye and applies Death Mark. Instead of nerfing her, I think the more fun approach would be to introduce new mechanics that deal with her.