• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.2.0 Update Notes

Costs 100k coins only for gold fighters though. It's much cheaper for silver and bronze ones.

It was boring to farm the same fight over and over for 600-900 coins, the Medici Shakedown fight is great for getting a lot of coins and you get a total of 330k when you complete all 10 milestones.

I'm not disagreeing it's a boring method to get coins, but I don't believe it was really effective enough to warrant such a notiable nerf. It basically just reduces the ways new players can grind coins. The prize fights a certainly great once you have a bit of a collection, but at 4 energy per fight it's not ideal for beginning players.

I'm not disagreeing it's a boring method to get coins, but I don't believe it was really effective enough to warrant such a notiable nerf. It basically just reduces the ways new players can grind coins. The prize fights a certainly great once you have a bit of a collection, but at 4 energy per fight it's not ideal for beginning players.

You will have more than enough coins and free Theonites after completing everything in the story mode. By then you'd already have a decent collection strong enough to participate in prize fights. When you run out of energy you can just refill if you don't want to wait for it to recharge.

I honestly don't understand why they made story mode less appealing to replay. Really 600 gold a win wasn't exactly game breaking when later skill tree abilities are costing 100k to unlock.

I think because people like me farmed it

It takes 1-2 minutes afk for 900 coins.

Every day you can earn quite a hefty chunk... and maybe the devs didn't want that.

They are super generous on the medici shakedown event though! I much prefer this method over afk farming !

Every day you can earn quite a hefty chunk... and maybe the devs didn't want that.

They are super generous on the medici shakedown event though! I much prefer this method over afk farming !
I've replayed story levels for XP quite a bit too, it was too repetitive for my liking. But then again back then there was no way to gain extra coins after you finished every story mission, other than from daily missions.

Oh I farmed it too, I'm just not convinced that the payout was really that spectacular for the time, even if just starting a fight and going afk, needed to be sunk into it. This change doesn't really affect me, as I have a solid enough collection to get gold/exp from other sources, but it seems like it's really going to hit players just starting out, especially if they can't progress in the story due to poor draws or an inability to get past the turtling AI.

Oh I farmed it too, I'm just not convinced that the payout was really that spectacular for the time, even if just starting a fight and going afk, needed to be sunk into it. This change doesn't really affect me, as I have a solid enough collection to get gold/exp from other sources, but it seems like it's really going to hit players just starting out, especially if they can't progress in the story due to poor draws or an inability to get past the turtling AI.

Players who start out will get plenty of coins from completing the story mode. They'll get at least 805,000 coins from the 100% chapter completion rewards in total. And I haven't even added the coins reward from each fight and player level up yet.

After completing everything in story, you're basically guaranteed to have a few gold fighters and a bunch of good moves due to all the free relics and Theonites they reward you for completion (unless you're extremely unlucky). But even if you don't get any gold fighters, you can always evolve silver ones to gold with all the duplicates.

The AI may feel a lot different and more challenging to people who played before 1.2.0, simply because they got used to the easier AI and infinite combo exploit. New players will learn how the AI works from scratch and they'll most likely be better adapted to how it works.

Has anyone actually opened up a bunch of Relics post 1.2 patch?

I have a feeling they may have stealth nerfed the drop rates......

I have almost 3k gems saved up so will post results after Eliza is out in Relics.

Have a feeling i will get 30 bronze lol...

Players who start out will get plenty of coins from completing the story mode. They'll get at least 805,000 coins from the 100% chapter completion rewards in total. And I haven't even added the coins reward from each fight and player level up yet.

After completing everything in story, you're basically guaranteed to have a few gold fighters and a bunch of good moves due to all the free relics and Theonites they reward you for completion (unless you're extremely unlucky). But even if you don't get any gold fighters, you can always evolve silver ones to gold with all the duplicates.

The AI may feel a lot different and more challenging to people who played before 1.2.0, simply because they got used to the easier AI and infinite combo exploit. New players will learn how the AI works from scratch and they'll most likely be better adapted to how it works.

You're assuming they can finish the story mode, or will want to if they are not enjoying the turtling AI early on. Depending on their draws/ability this simply may not be viable for newer players, especially as low level grind is now not a effective.

You are not guaranteed anything in draws, as a poster over at TA stated, they spent 25 shards and got 2 silvers and a bunch of bronzes. I don't particularly have an issue with these draw rates, but it does hinder newer players trying to build up their collection to be able to grind more gold and exp to yet further build up their collection. Evolving suggests people are not struggling to collect gold, which seems to be the opposite of what is currently happening.

The AI definitely feels different, namely because rather than introduce gradual changes to AI behaviour, the AI saw a near complete shift in gameplay from combo-centric to defensive. The previous AI, however, has nothing to do with wether or not the new AI is fun to play against, and generally the consensus thus far seems to be that it isn't. Yes, the previous AI could have used some tweaking, this isn't tweaking though, this is throwing out fast paced combat that could sometimes be exploited and creating an AI that frustrates rather than challenges players. Will new players learn how the AI works? Maybe, but if they are not having fun I can't see they'll bother.

You're assuming they can finish the story mode, or will want to if they are not enjoying the turtling AI early on. Depending on their draws/ability this simply may not be viable for newer players, especially as low level grind is now not a effective.

You are not guaranteed anything in draws, as a poster over at TA stated, they spent 25 shards and got 2 silvers and a bunch of bronzes. I don't particularly have an issue with these draw rates, but it does hinder newer players trying to build up their collection to be able to grind more gold and exp to yet further build up their collection. Evolving suggests people are not struggling to collect gold, which seems to be the opposite of what is currently happening.

The AI definitely feels different, namely because rather than introduce gradual changes to AI behaviour, the AI saw a near complete shift in gameplay from combo-centric to defensive. The previous AI, however, has nothing to do with wether or not the new AI is fun to play against, and generally the consensus thus far seems to be that it isn't. Yes, the previous AI could have used some tweaking, this isn't tweaking though, this is throwing out fast paced combat that could sometimes be exploited and creating an AI that frustrates rather than challenges players. Will new players learn how the AI works? Maybe, but if they are not having fun I can't see they'll bother.

25 draws and got 23 bronze and 2 silvers?

Eep.

I have a feeling the drop rates have been nerfed for golds...

I have almost 3k gems saved up so will post results after Eliza is out in Relics.

I'm saving my shards as well. As I just mentioned, one player stated they used 25 and got only 2 silvers. I can't recall if that is comparable to pre-patch. I do seem to remember going through a lot of draws because getting anything non-bronze though.

Edit: hah, ninja'd!

Likewise, you're assuming they can't finish the story mode, or that they're having as just much trouble fighting the new tougher AI as you are. I've not seen any complaints yet about the AI from new players who just started after 1.2.0.

I saw the post too, the poster opened 25 PREMIERE relics, not 25 SHARD relics, you can only get silver or gold fighters from shard relics. YMMV with all random drop rates and it's unfortunate that he was particularly very unlucky. Also, Evolving now no longer costs any coins, all you need is to have 3-4 duplicate characters to evolve.

The previous version combat could always be exploited with any fighter at any tier or level. You can just use 1 silver fighter with around 1800 FS and beat two gold Cerebella that have a combined FS of over 9700, that's severely broken and takes any skill requirement or fun out of the game. I've found the new AI to be more fun than frustrating, especially when my team was disadvantaged by over 9000 FS, it was truly a challenging fight that felt like I was facing a real human player but I still won with 1 fighter standing at half HP.

I have a feeling the drop rates have been nerfed for golds...

I didn't see any official statement saying they reduced the rate for gold fighters from any relic so I won't cynically assume they did something like this.

He actually stated he opened 25 "prime" relics - not the bronze ones.

So he did open 25 premier relics just got the names confused.

I also feel like with drop rates lots of game companies do it all the time and don't update it in patch notes...

I don't think they updated the new AI blocking system in patch notes? So why would they with a nerf to primier relics? could be wrong tho

I also feel like with drop rates lots of game companies do it all the time and don't update it in patch notes...

I don't think they updated the new AI blocking system in patch notes? So why would they with a nerf to primier relics? could be wrong tho

I would think the drop rate is a lot lower now since they added quite a bit of bronze characters to the relics.

I would think the drop rate is a lot lower now since they added quite a bit of bronze characters to the relics.

I was wondering this, but it depends how draws are done. Since it's hidden information, we don't know if draws come from the entire pool, or a % chance of drawing from each tier.

They did talk about the new AI behaviour, difficulty, and blocking in the patch notes, it's on the first page in this thread:

AI IMPROVEMENTS
  • Aggressiveness
    • AI will now play more aggressively at higher levels
    • AI will not needlessly backdash as frequently, and will be more aggressive when cornered
  • Reactive Awareness
    • AI now reacts more intelligently to enemy projectiles
    • AI will now throw break more frequently at high level
    • AI will more effectively punish blocked attacks at high levels

They've added 8 new bronze fighters (9 including In Denile Eliza) to the game so the chances for getting silver or gold fighters might be slightly lower than before, at least assuming the drop rates works how we think it works.

Last edited:
Ah I see... hopefully the addition of the Gold Eliza soon balances things out...

fingers crossed

There will be 2 silver and 2 gold Eliza fighters. But we won't know if we'll be able to get all of them from the prize fight or if it's like the Filia one where we get rewarded 1 from placing high in the score ranks.

Interesting..!

Only 2 more days to go.. Kind of itching to get a new character after playing all this time lol.

Just to be clear, the odds of getting a bronze, silver, or gold HAVE NOT changed in 1.2. There are now more bronze variants, but the actual percentages are exactly the same as they were in 1.1. In fact, in 1.2, if you buy a bundle of 10 relics, you now receive a bonus relic, which has greater odds of receiving a silver or gold compared to non-bonus relics!