• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.2.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Our next 1.2.3 update will be going LIVE within the next week or two (we will update this thread when we know the exact date). 1.2.3 is mostly focused on Bug Fixes and Eliza Updates - see the end of the post for more details regarding our next Major update in late July.

In the meantime, notes on the changes you can expect below!

ELIZA RELICS ENABLED
  • After this update, the Eliza Relic will now be available every Sunday.
  • This means you can now gain access to all Eliza Fighters (including those not previously available as Prize Fight rewards):
    • BRONZE
      • In Denile
      • Decrypted (NEW!)
    • SILVER
      • Scarlet Viper
      • Bloody Valentine (NEW!)
    • GOLD
      • Diva Intervention
      • Bloodbath (NEW!)
GENERAL COMBAT UPDATES & BUG FIXES
IMPORTANT NOTE: All these changes apply to player Fighters as well as AI opponents
  • Light Combo > Back Dash
    • You can now “cancel” from Light combo attacks into Back Dash
    • This helps players “abort” combos mid-way through when they realize their opponent is blocking
  • Special Move Crashes
    • Fixed bug that would cause certain Special Moves (Filia's Hairball, Parasoul's Taunt, Peacock's George's Day Out, etc) to reliably crash on certain devices
  • Stun Animation Transitions
    • Fixed issue that made it possible to block during a STUN animation
    • Fixed issue that made it possible to throw break during a STUN animation
    • Sped up transition into STUN animation from recovery animations (knockdown, etc) to increase opportunities to capitalize on STUN states triggered during combos
  • Dual BB3 Soft Crash
    • Fixed issue that would allow two BB3s to fire at the same time, causing a soft crash
  • Unresponsive Moves
    • Fixed issue that would cause shuffling of Moves/BBs to create a state in-game where tapping on the icon would do nothing
  • Errant Move Triggering Behavior
    • Fixed issue where BBs that are queued before BB meter is drained by another modifier to fire off anyway, even while meter is empty
    • Fixed issue where BBs/SMs that are queued before a Disable buff is applied to fire off anyway, even while the Disable buff is active (this was also occurring for AI opponents)
    • Fixed issue where cooldown on SM is triggered without actually being executed if queued during a BB
    • Fixing issue that would cause specials to accidentally trigger instead of being queued during blockbusters (especially for for Eliza and Big Band)
CHARACTER SPECIFIC UPDATES
  • Cerebella
    • Enemy Cerebellas will now properly tag in above the player
    • Restored old Trip Attack timing/logic (from 1.2.0) to increase the utility of Trip attacks in combos
  • Eliza
    • Significant Sekhmet Mode Improvements
      • Sekhmet charge attacks are now Unblockable
      • If stunned in Sekhmet mode, Sekhmet will transition back to Eliza mode and play her STUN animation
      • All Sekhmet BBs (Turn, Bite, and Fury) now have shorter startup time and trigger heavy hit pause to improve combo-ability
      • Fixed issue where Filia's BB Gregor Samson could cause Sekhmet to get stuck in her "transition to Eliza" animation
      • Fixed issue where Sekhmet mode "button" would block inputs even when the button wasn't visible
      • If a move is queued while Eliza is in Sekhmet mode, she will now transition back to Eliza mode and execute the move, instead of transitioning back to Eliza mode and doing nothing (despite still triggering the cooldown/meter drain for the move)
    • Bloodbath
      • Fixed issue with Bloodbath SA Sanguine Solo that would cause Parasoul Tear-triggered BLEEDS to not convert to REGEN
    • Bloody Valentine
      • Fixed issue with Bloody Valentine SA Pyramid Scheme that would cause her to regen health after she was already KOed, thus resurrecting her
  • Filia
    • Bad Hair Day ATK increased back to original 1.2.0 values
    • Fixed the amount of "lift" granted by Filia's dash attack against a mid-air opponent to avoid potential infinite combos
  • Painwheel
    • Updated BB1 Death Crawl so Painwheel will properly reverse direction mid-crawl and end up back where she started
  • Peacock
    • Rerun ATK increased back to original 1.2.0 values
    • SM Who's On Second no longer has invincibility frames
  • Valentine
    • Fixed issue where using SM Burst to interrupt BB1 Checkmate Incision could cause a soft crash
PRIZE FIGHTS
  • Best Team instead of Most Recent Team (for real this time!)
    • Now, the BEST team you have used (based on FS) for a given Event will be the “rep” team that other players will see
    • Previously, your LAST team was always what was recorded as your “rep” team for a given event
  • Improper Fighter Tiers
    • Fixed issue that cause Evolved Fighters to appear using their base tier instead of their evolved tier
  • Improper Rank Rewards
    • Fixed issue where some Prize Fights would grant incorrect Rank Rewards at the end of the event
OTHER FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
  • Android Team Select Crashes
    • Fixed issue causing the game to crash when tapping FIGHT on Team Select on certain Android devices
  • Move Loadout Inconsistency
    • Fixed issue that would cause move loadouts to not be saved when dragging moves between slots
  • Move Substats not being Applied
    • Fixed bug that would sometimes cause sub-stats to not be applied in a given fight
  • Mysteriously Locked Skill Tree Nodes
    • Fixed bug that would prevent players from unlocking certain nodes on the Skill Tree if they have accessed the node via another node on the same tier, but had not yet unlocked a linked node on a lower tier
  • Elemental Advantage Pop-Up
    • Cleaned up presentation and updated icon layout to match button layout
As always, please share your feedback about what changes you like, and what you’d like for us to add next. We’re listening!

NEXT MAJOR UPDATE PREVIEW
Although this update is primarily focused on Bug Fixing, our next update (planned for late July) will include a new Character from the original Skullgirls roster, brand new Story Mode content, and more!

More to come on our next update in a future forum post - stay tuned!
yoooooooooooo cannot wait for Eliza relic (also ms fortune finally joining bc its not gonna be double)

Will this patch include the fix to post-BB recovery frames that makes some ai moves unable to be punished?

Edit: And other problematic special moves like Battle Butt.

Last edited:
Any chance this will fix the constant crashes us poor iPhone 6 users keep experiencing?

Excited about everything in this patch but you have no idea how frustrating it is to relaunch the game every 5 minutes.

Nothing on this patch about the ridiculously low 300 moves storage cap? Having to constantly keep track of every character's portfolio is getting really tiresome.
I'd settle for a "sell all" function for some moves at least. I keep getting Painwheel's Outtake/Snapback and i'm never using that garbage no matter how many stats you tape to it.

PRIZE FIGHTS
  • Best Team instead of Most Recent Team (for real this time!)
    • Now, the BEST team you have used (based on FS) for a given Event will be the “rep” team that other players will see
    • Previously, your LAST team was always what was recorded as your “rep” team for a given event

Will the AI version of player teams this time actually use the bonus stats we have? Right now I'm 100% sure NONE of our bonus stats are applied.

How do I know this? Because a few of my friends fought my 32K FS team and they easily won with a 12K team, there's no way that could have been possible if my character's bonus stats worked because I had max Defence on both Harlequin and Armed Forces.

How about adding milestone rewards for the next patch? High leveled players get them all anyways, but i think they are a great incentive to rank high on price fights. Like one more every tier would be great already. As the game grows, our rewards should grow as well.

Does this mean Eliza fighters and moves will be available in other relics as well? Like Premiere and Shard relics?

No, Eliza will only be available via Eliza Relics and her Moves will only be available via Daily Events. Eliza Fighters and Moves will be added to the general Relics alongside our next big content update.

The cadence for methods to acquire new character "stuff" is roughly:
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE: Prize Fights (Fighters) + Daily Events (Moves)
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE +1 mo - New Character Relic (Fighters)
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE +2 mo - Fighters + Moves added to all Relics (Fighters + Moves)
NOTE: This is all subject to change, but that's the current plan for now. Hope that helps to clear things up!

Last edited:
How about adding milestone rewards for the next patch? High leveled players get them all anyways, but i think they are a great incentive to rank high on price fights. Like one more every tier would be great already. As the game grows, our rewards should grow as well.

On our list of things to consider adding in the future!

Will this patch include the fix to post-BB recovery frames that makes some ai moves unable to be punished?
Edit: And other problematic special moves like Battle Butt.

This will be addressed as part of the next content update after 1.2.3 - being implemented as we speak!

Will the AI version of player teams this time actually use the bonus stats we have? Right now I'm 100% sure NONE of our bonus stats are applied.

How do I know this? Because a few of my friends fought my 32K FS team and they easily won with a 12K team, there's no way that could have been possible if my character's bonus stats worked because I had max Defence on both Harlequin and Armed Forces.

Looking into this.

Nothing on this patch about the ridiculously low 300 moves storage cap? Having to constantly keep track of every character's portfolio is getting really tiresome.

Will look into this for a future update (but won't be in 1.2.3).

No, Eliza will only be available via Eliza Relics and her Moves will only be available via Daily Events. Eliza Fighters and Moves will be added to the general Relics alongside our next big content update.

The cadence for methods to acquire new character "stuff" is _roughly_:
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE: Prize Fights (Fighters) + Daily Events (Moves)
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE +1 mo - New Character Relic (Fighters)
  • NEW CHAR RELEASE +2 mo - Fighters + Moves added to all Relics (Fighters + Moves)
NOTE: This is all subject to change, but that's the current plan for now. Hope that helps to clear things up!
That seems alright. If i'm honest i was a bit concerned about this game crashing just because there wasn't much to spend actual money to get, but this seems to fix that.

I think it would be good, and probably likely, that in the future we can see spending money to expand moves storage cap. Only people who've really invested time into the game will need it, and those people are the ones who are most eager to support the game too.

What I'm really missing so far is a steady income of canopy coins. The way it is right now, I can only afford to purchase nodes for my most prized golden fighters.
It would be one hell of an incentive if we got like a 100 coins for every win on prize fights.

What I'm really missing so far is a steady income of canopy coins. The way it is right now, I can only afford to purchase nodes for my most prized golden fighters.
It would be one hell of an incentive if we got like a 100 coins for every win on prize fights.

Providing more/better options to get Canopy Coins is definitely on our list. More to come when we share more info on the next update post 1.2.3.

Any thoughts about adding a higher difficulty level for the Daily Events, or possibly just ramping up the difficulty of the Expert level? It feels unfortunate that after completing the story mode, Daily Events are the best (and only viable) place to spend your yellow energy, but it maxes out at such a noticeably lower difficulty level (and therefore EXP level) than the story mode. It makes it feel like once a character is sufficiently leveled, there's no point in spending their yellow energy at all.

ELIZA RELICS ENABLED
  • After this update, the Eliza Relic will now be available every Sunday.
  • This means you can now gain access to all Eliza Fighters (including those not previously available as Prize Fight rewards):
    • BRONZE
      • In Denile
      • Decrypted (NEW!)
    • SILVER
      • Scarlet Viper
      • Bloody Valentine (NEW!)
    • GOLD
      • Diva Intervention
      • Bloodbath (NEW!)
Any chance this update will be implemented this weekend? I really want to spend some of my theonites on that Eliza relic :)

Any chance this update will be implemented this weekend? I really want to spend some of my theonites on that Eliza relic :)

The update has been submitted to Apple, we're just waiting for approval before we can release it (once the iOS version is approved, then we can roll out the update on all platforms). Fingers crossed!

The update has been submitted to Apple, we're just waiting for approval before we can release it (once the iOS version is approved, then we can roll out the update on all platforms). Fingers crossed!
Great to hear!
Keep up the good work <3

That's awesome! I never knew that updates had to be submitted first and approved by Apple (learned something new today!) Good luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prmth456