• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2022 SGM ROADMAP

When 2023 roadmap?
Short answer: soon(tm)

Long answer: You can see this one was posted in late march, and that's more or less the average. They had a smaller team too, so there was less to discuss to figure out what might be doable. 2021 took til mid April, 2020 was mid February, 2019 and before I'll admit we got them in early January, but I assume that's because they had a smaller team and had lighter goals. For example, some of the goals hey had for 2018 were "more story mode content" and "add the missing characters" (which isn't small, but they didn't have to create characters from the ground up, so it was smaller).

I think they take longer now because they try to balance realism and hype, focusing more on hype. And they still aren't perfect (guilds are about to be the Half Life 3 of SGM lol)

It also doesn't help that they open with "we can't promise all of this will happen" and every year people say "they promised!" Which I can see getting annoying. In all fairness, it stinks when you expect something and don't get it.

Anyways fell free to reply to me about why I'm dumb and a simp for defending them. If nothing else activity here is more likely to be seen by the devs and will remind them to put out a roadmap lol

Short answer: soon(tm)

Long answer: You can see this one was posted in late march, and that's more or less the average. They had a smaller team too, so there was less to discuss to figure out what might be doable. 2021 took til mid April, 2020 was mid February, 2019 and before I'll admit we got them in early January, but I assume that's because they had a smaller team and had lighter goals. For example, some of the goals hey had for 2018 were "more story mode content" and "add the missing characters" (which isn't small, but they didn't have to create characters from the ground up, so it was smaller).

I think they take longer now because they try to balance realism and hype, focusing more on hype. And they still aren't perfect (guilds are about to be the Half Life 3 of SGM lol)

It also doesn't help that they open with "we can't promise all of this will happen" and every year people say "they promised!" Which I can see getting annoying. In all fairness, it stinks when you expect something and don't get it.

Anyways fell free to reply to me about why I'm dumb and a simp for defending them. If nothing else activity here is more likely to be seen by the devs and will remind them to put out a roadmap lol
Totally agree. The SGM Roadmap has been a great communication tool from the Devs to the players. And while the Roadmap is a great source of info for players, it is has always been presented as wishlist than a checklist, and TBF, HVS does deliver most of the items on each Roadmap, starting with the low hanging fruit first.

I also believe that prior to 2021, HVS attention was largely on SGM only. Once it was announced that 2nd Encore was getting a Season Pass, I think HVS bandwidth was split between 2E and SGM (which isn't a bad thing), and resources have been bouncing from one game to the other ever since.

One other thing to consider; keep in mind there have been additions made to SGM that were not always on that on a particular Roadmap. Obviously these add-ons also require resources, which ultimately causes a detour on Roadmap. (again, not a bad thing).

And with all that said; I acknowledge there is much anticipation to see what's new in the upcoming year for SGM...and we all know it will be worth the wait.

To quote a wise alien that lived in a swamp: "Patience you must have."

Seeing how survey rewards just came in, the HVS team has a mountain of user feedback to process and goals to prioritize.

2023 predictions:
  • Add more Black Dahlia blockbusters / moves
  • New character Marie
  • "Guilds" finally leaves Coming Soon™ status
  • New story modes
  • New fighters (like a 12th Filia)
  • Fighter reworks (e.g. Dark Might Beowulf)
  • More Accolades added
  • Longshot: "Season 2" gets greenlit and Aeon, Venus, Minette, and King Franz Renoir are announced to be in development for the next 2-3 years.

Sorry for the silence, but just wanted to pop in to confirm there will be a Roadmap for this year!
Lots of stuff in the oven just this second with 5.3 on its way and Black Dahlia's imminent console release, but we'll have news to share soon!

Full release is gonna be early next year if you're F2P, nothing to get excited about really

I want to know what those "single player endgame everests" are and how Guilds are going to work