• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2024 PREVIEW

Fighters that need a rework:

FORGETTABLE SILVERS - collecting dust
  • All Beowulf silvers, even the rare Fan Favorite
  • All Cerebella silvers except Toad Warrior
  • Myst-Match Double
  • All Eliza silvers
  • All 3 of Fukua's Mortal Kombat silvers
  • Ms. Trial Ms. Fortune
  • Rage Appropriate Painwheel
  • All Parasoul silvers except Shadow Ops
  • All Robo-Fortune silvers except Purrminator
  • All Squigly silvers except Gang Green

Yeah, silver is meant to be weak, but some of these are too weak. Like only evolve into gold if you are bored weak.

FOOL'S GOLD - ultra-specific and rarely-used niche powers
  • Materia Girl Annie
  • Idol Threat Filia
  • Lapis Luxury Eliza
  • Feathered Edges Fukua
  • Octoplasm Marie
  • Tidal Traveler Umbrella
    (do you see a pattern forming? Hmmmm?)

Would Double eventually get more moves or animation from the newer characters? She currently only has the starting cast, right?
The pitch: DLC Double, or "Sister Agatha"
It's idle shape is the nun form, Sister Agatha, but does all DLC character moves.

Vanilla Double = Cerebella, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Peacock, Squigly, Valentine
Sister Agatha = Annie, Beowulf, Big Band, Black Dahlia, Eliza, Fukua, Robo-Fortune, Umbrella, Marie

DLC (9) > Vanilla (7)

Hoping for proper gacha pity next.
The relic shard system is kinda gacha pity. Makes getting fighters from higher tiers somewhat inevitable.

Thank you a lot for keeping these updates going and changing the game for the good! For character variant changes I think we all know who could be the star. Heavy Handed has been weak since the beginning and Star-Spangled aswell. Wulfsbane is OK but could get some changes of the debuffs or something. Gold Big Bangs are garbage except epic sax which is ok.

Cool roadmap. Really hope to see buffs to the diamonds and golds that are just way too underwhelming like Star Shine, Star Spangled, Raw nerve and alike.

All Eliza silvers
bloody valentine is probably the most used silver in (high) rift so don't think this is correct x)
All 3 of Fukua's Mortal Kombat silvers
Souls Sister is perfect; actually has one of the highest damage output of the fukuas.

• Ms. Trial Ms. Fortune
  • Rage Appropriate Painwheel
yea... nothing to disagree with here

Sister Agatha = Annie, Beowulf, Big Band, Black Dahlia, Eliza, Fukua, Robo-Fortune, Umbrella, Marie
would find this very funny indeed, never knew double missed all these forms though

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Spent a long time fixing the post but i dont see anything inappropriate so i post image

I hope they can buff the Diamond Cerebellas once and for all because she is my favorite character and it hurts me to see them continue with their mediocre skills
I have faith 🙏🙏
Espero que de una vez puedan buffear a las Cerebellas de Diamante pues es mi personaje favorito y me duele ver que sigan con sus habilidades tan mediocres
Tengo fe 🙏🙏

instead of making the ultimate goal at 150m a random character.. make it the new characters you have just added!

Yes i understand the variants that was released before i started playing can only be obtained randomly.. but why the variants that gets released while i'm around still cannot get them.. like parasoul's variant "indomitable"

Some people got 2 or 3 of her.. while i struggled to make 150m .. completed backstage pass and bought 5-6 lovesick relic.. and still didn't get indomitable or seraph soldier
Back in the days we had only a week for 150m milestone. When they implemented montly event system it made optaining diamond characters way easier. You need to understand that if your struggle with optaining 150m in 30 days then it is too early for you to play on diamond characters - you just would not have enought resourses to invest in it. This game has a very consistent and well-balance game-stage system. Diamond characters are Diamonds not only bacause theyre "strong" or "rare" but also because they are most expensive to invest and level up. Maxed out diamond characters is a purely late-game thing, when everything else is already done - and for late-game player 150m would take like 1-3 days to obtain, so making the prize "new character guarateed" would be too op - and not in new players favor. Just be patient, it's only a matter of time when you'll obtain every single character you like.

One thing I'm confused about what is soon to come is the "fighter tuning pass".
Basically it only means that like 10 or maybe more old characters will be tweaked. No other activities or special events. Yes, the word pass here is pretty confusing at first, but you can rely on last year's experience

In sorting fighters before fights.. why not adding characters sorting according to numbers.. like giving characters numbers of my need.. so i can arrange them like i want
There is "favorite" button if you want some spicific characters to apear beforehand. Trust me, numbers in the game where amount of fighters in your collection grows in geometric progression - is a very, very bad idea.

The way it is now is complex.. l sometimes forget what i wanted to do after opening it.. it was so hard at first as i didn't know which symbol is related to each fighter
This is actually funny because initially filters were very simple and blank, everyone was asking devs to improve it. And now, when we finally got actually functional filters - new people arrive and whine at it. After all, every game has a learning curve, and, trust me, filters is surely not the most complex thing in sgm.

Would Double eventually get more moves or animation from the newer characters? She currently only has the starting cast, right?
This is actually a very, VERY good point. As well as the fact that none of the character got JP VO since Annie release. Feels just wrong when every OG character including added Fukua speak japanese - and all the new characters speak english.

Firefly (Fire Painwheel): Also don't see her much- SA feels a bit weak.
Firefly actually has a pretty frequent apperance in Rift defence, including D4-D1. So I dont think she should be at the front of the line for adjustment - she has her role for now.

Collecting artworks for stat boost on fighters makes me worried it will lead to p2w situation.
This one gets me worried too. We already have plenty of p2w mechanics, with buyable move retakes and such - you can do whatever you want on any level with enought $$$ invested, but game still feels somewhat balaced. Dont get me wrong, collectables is a great thing especially in art-focused game, but this stat boost feels like an extremely easy way to spoil the experience. I hope devs know what they are doing and they'll be extremely careful this time.

All Cerebella silvers except Toad Warrior
More like "All of the Cerebella variants expect for Toad, Harley and Glamour". Especially diamond ones - Star-Spangled and Heavy Handed must be the very first in line for the buff. Every Diamond has a usage except for these two.

All Eliza silvers
"Bloody Valentine walks in". And Tomb & Gloom is pretty good for a silver varint too, especially with the fact that Eliza has one of the best kits in the entire game.

ultra-specific and rarely-used niche powers
There is nothing wrong with niche characters, and it’s definitely should not be considered a top priority when we have plenty of other variants that has no use at all. Water characters are commonly defensive (just like fire characters are commonly offensive). So it's not a suprise that offensive waters characters are usually very specific. Feels like a feature to me, not an oversight.

So now when i'm done replying, here is my list for Fighter Tuning Pass

Lapis Luxury - using her SA correctly is basically a trickshot to flex in a youtube video. And in current situatuion, when every single gold Eliza is a beast - she looks especially pity.

Terror Byte - we have only a few characters in game who utilise inversed polarity. And generally this is a great ability that would help destroying defensive Valentines and Dahlias - but let's be honest, most of the players doesnt play with robo's head drones. So a slight rework (like beams istead of headdrone hits) would skyrocket her popularity.

Pyro-Technique - for a fire-element exclusive she's just too weak - her offensive power must be improved significantly. Not a character but a collectable with no real use in any gamemode.

Raw Nerv - I remember how ZeoW made an entire video 2 years ago just to talk about how much the rework is needed here. Such a great pallete with such a useless ability. I think every single player would agree that we want her to shine. Everyone loves her but no one playes on her seriosly.

Rain Shadow - overall all fukuas are great and have their spots, but this variant falls behind her 2 powerful silver sisters.

Fan Favorite - such a rare character with such a beatiful pallete, and with such a useless ability. His SA1 feels like a placeholder - "just write something in there, we'll figure out his role later"

Heavy Handed and Star-Spangled - no comments needed. The most asked-for-a-rework variants ever.

Heart of Darkness - her SA's look good and interesting on paper, but in actual gameplay she has no usage. I like her concept, but surely it's time to take another look at it, especially at "once per match" thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
¡¡¡Mejora la habilidad de Dark Might!!!
His second ability is for decoration, Beowulf already has a set of unblockable moves without the need for that useless ability, give him back his Instakill or give him something different that makes him shine!!!

As always, it is great to see what's on the way. Very exciting!
Here's my unsolicited thoughts (on the additions relevant to my interests) as a highly enfranchised player.

Prize Fight Streak Pity
  • Soon, every Prize Fight will have one free streak restoration per instance AND the Theonite cost for restoring your streak afterwards will be nominal (no more than 25 Theonite) as opposed to scaling up based on your streak.
This is much needed. With so much more gameplay added recently (and in the future), restarting a PF streak from 0 is a huge time sink...but not enough of a time sink to warrant the old theo-scaled cost.

In Game Art Collectibles
  • We plan to add support for an in-game gallery that will allow you to unlock and collect both classic and brand new high resolution art that can also unlock stat bonuses for certain Fighters!
  • More details coming soon!
Implementation is where this will succeed or fail (for me); as others have mentioned, if any of these (stat bonus) collectibles are locked behind a paywall (store offer and/or BP premium track), that's not cool (but that's business). If unlocking is more similar to accolades; Do X; earn Y, then that could be fun. Looking forward to more details.

Fighter Tuning Pass
  • YOU get an S-tier and YOU get an S-tier! Every Fighter deserves a glow up every now and again.
  • Who do you think is most deserving this year? Let us know in the comments!
Keywords here are 'Fighter' (and not Character) and Tuning (meaning tune-up/upgrade). The ambiguous word is 'pass'.
"S-tier" implies a BIG tuning of a fighter, but I doubt any bronze or silver will get such an overhaul (so I think 's-tier' was more of an Oprah reference for 'everyone gets something good'). So, is this just a monthly schedule for tweaking less (used/desirable) fighters and a means to acquire them (if you haven't already)? Sounds promising, but wording is confusing.

Guest Stars (?!!)
A great way to more consistently add new content, new characters AND new mechanics. I can only see the upside to this!

In Game Reference Resources
This is great! Not having to pause the match or leave the game to look up 'in-game' terms will be so convenient.

More Game Modes
I'm torn on this one. Yes, we all love new modes. However, for new players, more things to do can be overwhelming and for established players, once new modes are 'solved', having to replay them just for rewards just adds to the 'grind'. Yes, it is obvious that players don't have to play every mode, but if every mode has rewards, the FOMO and leaving resources 'on the table' is all too real. Eventually, a goal of the enfranchised player is to grow and strengthen their roster in order to gather the most resources in as little time necessary. SGM is fighting game + RPG. An aspect of RPGs is resource management and time is a resource; one that the game does not give the player, but required from the player...

please buff painwheels damage scaling and general kit 🙏 same goes for big band and double

also some variants that have been outdated for a while like ultraviolent, parasite weave, GI jazz or private dick, chameleon twist or rain shadow, tomb and gloom, both of cerebellas diamonds ect ect<3

Hey Skullgirls Team,

I hope you're doing well! I wanted to reach out and suggest adding Voice Packs to the mobile version of Skullgirls too. It would make the game even more enjoyable and immersive for us mobile players. I understand there might be technical challenges, but it would be a fantastic addition to the mobile experience. Could you please consider implementing this feature?

Guest Stars a.k.a. Cameos a.k.a. The Minor League a.k.a. Assists
TOP PICKS
  • Minette - she's already there!
  • Aeon - crazy time powers like giving BUFFS infinite timers, reverting an enemy's SA activation, rewinding your mistake, etc.
  • Venus - space powers teleports/increased mobility, critical punch/kick/chomp from sudden portal openings, etc.
  • King Franz Renoir - if you said "Who?!" then you need to go play Skullgirls 2nd Encore more
  • Brain Drain - telepathy and telekinesis attacks/buffs?
  • Last Hope - maybe dead characters should stay dead? Then again, giant blenders of bubble tea aren't exactly canon either
  • Hive - bees! 🐝
  • Leduc - electricity! ⚡
  • Stanley - Iron Man style Proton Cannon blockbuster is a must
  • Feng - the only real friend Cerebella has (emotional support?!)
MISSING FROM THE ROAD MAP
New Accolades - check out this thread for real and joke suggestions
New Monthly Fighter Freedom - a system needs to be worked out when the new fighters join general population. Some of them have been held hostage for 8 months! (July 2023). Spare a thought for all us relic hoarders!

Souls Sister is perfect; actually has one of the highest damage output of the fukuas.
Aye, I overlooked that one, but the need for Bloody Valentine Eliza to be built critless doesn't sit right with me

The rest of your list is good too. Raw Nerv Painwheel probably wins the award for most-underused Gold, other than being Dream Demon Fukua's minion.

Really interested to see "guest stars" idea.
I think we will charge their attack like blockbuster and then summon while attacking or something.
I'm really appreciate that you're releasing new skins for characters every month almost for a year!! It's really enjoy fully to play prize fights now cuz you might get that new character, also with some additional visual effects guys you're goats fr!!!
Looking for new patch notes, thank you developers 🙏.
(Plss add Panzerfaust and Ottomo as a playable characters)

the need for Bloody Valentine Eliza to be built critless doesn't sit right with me
To be honest if we're speaking rifts - every Eliza better be built critless. But for Bloody Valentine specifically this is actually not as important, not only because her SA regeneration usually overlaps both Painwheel's MA and Dread Lock's heavy bleed, but also because she's got a new usage - playing against Corosive Element - and there you're free to go full crit.

I personally keep 2 Bloody Valentines - full-built and critless. She's that good.

By the way!
If we're speaking roadmans, quality of life changes, improvements, and the Dream Demon came into conservation. Maybe it's time to fix her bug already?! I mean that one where her SA basically disables under curse. This is hella annoying and it's been a very, very long time.

Last edited: