• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 5.1 Update Notes - Umbrella's Full Release!

Can’t wait for all the QoL update and finally able to diamond some Umbrellas.

I want to believe it’s a mistake in the post about requiring a ticket to enter daily event. It just makes no sense! As @BallotBoxer pointed out, the tweet said use ticket to skip… that would make sense as the two ticket significantly reduces the strain of mindless grind but not completely making everything skippable.

I’ll have to read more carefully again but a quick read I was under the impression you could do holodeck 3x a day and get full character daily rewards up to 3x a day? That actually makes it more grind if you’re greedy and want to get everything.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Glad we can finally skip character dailies but 2 events difficulties per day only sounds really limiting (still need to get so so many good moves) when you could do up to 8 before on a normal day, plus Holodeck if you needed XP (though I only ever did Expert + Master, below seemed useless in XP per energy ratio, might as well do Story instead).
Now I have to choose between earning gold and moves or hoarding tickets to level up a fighter the next day, plus I have to sacrifice a ticket for Accursed Experiments... (I should have done that one yesterday had I known).
Story mode isn't even a good replacement for an XP source with how limiting it is between number of fighters/characters/elements/rarities restrictions and modifiers, I can't keep making gold and diamond Peacocks forever. And PFs often need you to have the right fighters for it if you want to use it to level up characters or you're going to have a bad time.

Holodecks at least grants more XP so getting beaten up by Splitting Image in a meme match won't feel as bad.

I hope we can rename movesets down the line, some of mine are identical between fighters except for the stats, so it's gonna be hard to tell from the levels alone at first.

And the rift changes completely kills my boss node, should have changed my base before the update. I'm sure nobody will notice if I replace my dupe LC with Stage Fright. Heh, not like I had anything good to replace it with.

Wonder if Rift Rating will actually effect me since I see so many bases much stronger than me that aren't ranked that high.

Next monthly prize fight is making me glad I evolved Hack n Splash and Head Hunter, this one's going to be fun (at least until I reach the point where every team is the same).

The next character is obviously going to be Molly and her mech, I can tell.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
about daily events... i think you should only charge tickets if the player wants to skip... the lack of tickets shouldn't stop you from participating in the events... they should work as a resource for when you don't have much time to play, not to limit your matches... and these tickets can be won on deployment, gifts and with egret points.

Would everyone be happier with tickets only for skips? That's how I read the tweet from a few days ago:

Yes and no. The point of the skipping was to save time, but we didn't ask to get less rewards by doing so.
Yes, that tweet implies that tix=skip. OR play without skipping as usual.
No, tix are limited use AND required to even play as usual.

Before:
4 Tiers of any Daily = 139,600 coins X 2 ( each day X 3 on Sunday)

5.1:
2 Tix a day = (22400 x2 at worst/ 45400 x 2at best) AND if you use tix there, you can't do Holo/AE.

Why another tix system? Don't we have hundreds of Red "Rift" tickets? Sure, have free tix for Rift and Dailies, but make the Red tickets 'Fight' tix that you can use for either Rifts or Dailies.

Nobody asked for 'replay's of Dailies w/ rewards, we just wanted to save time, mostly cuz Dailies are boring. There's no variation, same thing every time. With each new feature (Holo, Monthly PF, Dia PF, etc.) it consumes players' limited resource: time. (Not to mention, those provide better/more rewards for your time).

Yes, I think if tix= only skip, it wouldn't be so bad a reaction. You could save tix by playing through 'easy' tiers and use tix for the more drawn out tiers. But needing tix to even play a Daily without skipping AND Holo or AE...that just makes a good thing worse.

Overall, the update is nice.
Nice ideas regarding moveset.

Seeing the rewards for Rift Battle makes me understand why people play Rift Battles. Tho the competitive aspect of the thing repels me, it's nice to see something forcing diversity, not a 100% sold on the idea tho because doubles have just been rendered a useless waste of space, unless you get to have a refund for the investment in Keys, money and potentially essence

But like everyone before me, I have to say... Man, this ticket system sounds terrible. I get the idea of "Tickets to not do the fights", because hell, I refuse to do Squigly's daily. But if we have to chose between dailies, with 2 tickets per day, that means: no doing Hard and Master for everyone, which is a huge source of income and moves, having to chose between doing Hard and Master for a character or doing Master for both characters; except when it's a 3 characters day where one gets bent. You also have to pick a day to do the weekly event that gives you big money and most of the time don't get you a Diamond Key over a daily that will give you moves, but also very rarely the one you want with actually good stats. And last but not least, that means you also have to choose between getting Exp and getting moves. Which are the 2 required thing to be able to play competitively, which the game seems to force you into with how limiting the ticket system feels. In the end, the system that is supposed to make the grinding load easier forces you to chose 2 out of 6 or 8 daily options that serves to grind, completely going against the thing because it becomes more tedious and slower. And I mean, to make grinding moves less heavy, removing the 4 useless stat bonuses would be a tremendous start.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Came by again since I'm still waiting on the maintenance buuut woof, glad other people are bringing up the points here on the dailies.

I agree with everyone on the canopy coin nerf as coins are practically mandatory besides skill points to do many things in the game, and nerfing ways to get that resource puts a bigger bottleneck on all players alike if they aren't buying coins.

To have to choose between 2 events via ticket system, I think, isn't a good way to go as not only are 3 daily event days going to be tough... I was under the impression tickets would be used as a side option that we can simply use at our leisure with the daily limit.

If there's a larger bonus to the rewards to balance out the changes akin to Holodeck, I think this wouldn't be as bad, but this still puts the player at a disadvantage I don't think we needed at the start.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Copied from Discord from @Sairus if it helps the crowd here:

But for real, sarcasm hat off:
We really are paying attention to the feedback from players on this. It is a major shift in how a pillar of the entire game functions. We have to be VERY careful with any changes like this, and it went through a tremendous amount of design and testing to arrive where it is now.
Some players will hate it, some will like it, but all I ask is that you at least try out the new system as it is and give honest feedback after you've had reps with it.

My own two cents on the direction of new daily event restrictions. As an end game player, I see this restriction as a remedy to player burnout and spending too much time on a game mode that doesn’t provide meaningful experience.

Looking back over the years of reward restructure and improvements, we are gaining canopy coins and moves wayyy faster than the first couple of years of this game’s life span.

Rather than doing meaningless grind for some coins and moves (useless stats), then spending on lv15 RNG, I’d rather dedicate more time to PF and rift and earn more resources there!

Also, don’t forget they are working on making moves and stats situation for a future patch, so I want to believe that perhaps a year from now it would be much easier to get optimal moves and less RNG, therefore less a need for coins overall!

Finally, the restriction actually brings the overall population together on a fairer playing field in my opinion. Keep in mind that for every dedicated “do every daily possible” hardcore player on the forum, discord, and Twitter, there are probably 4 or more casual player who may only touch daily a couple of time a week, so this gives them more income than what they normally get. Because we don’t have access and insight to data that the devs have, our perspectives are often biased and skewed based on a small percentage of vocal player base that doesn’t necessarily represent the whole.

That said, I think the increase from 2 to 3 tickets in the near future is probably a good solution to round out days with 3 characters. Small tweaks will always happen as we have seen over the years.

Overall I’m the happiest I had been with the game from this update and looking forward to logging in!

Yeah great stuff in this update! Thank you to the entire SGM team for listening to the playerbase and going for our woes. I'm specially thankful for the loadouts and the diamond 5 change!

I'm curious how many people will think this much EXP is worth giving up coins and moves for. Between dia PFs and Pea Master story we have some really solid EXP sources as is. Maybe somebody with enough moves/fighters but needs to power level to aim for top 3? But even that seems like a game of patience to flesh out your team and learn how to manage optimal bases, so you might as well take the slow grind.
Well, to be honest I haven't played a daily in months, maybe longer. On one hand I do hold EXP higher in my priorities since I'm still short on characters and the only sensible way to make room without waste is to evolve everything; to the point that I'm close to having essences become my choke point o keep clearing my roster.

But beyond that I can't bring myself to do the dailies because I find them SO BOOORING. I just rather watch paint dry. Yes, i could throw dome underleveled chars and make it a challenge but what is even the point? They are not getting any stronger.

Add to that that we're still waiting on better sorting options for moves so I don't really get excited when I get more moves which only means I have to either spend more theo on move capacity or dive for hours looking for some move with flat attack from 20 patches ago to make more room.

At least in holodeck I can throw a lvl 56 dia with two silvers and feel like im struggling and getting something done.

Anyways, please excuse the aggressive tone in this rant but I've been bottling this up for a while.

We really are paying attention to the feedback from players on this. It is a major shift in how a pillar of the entire game functions. We have to be VERY careful with any changes like this, and it went through a tremendous amount of design and testing to arrive where it is now.
Some players will hate it, some will like it, but all I ask is that you at least try out the new system as it is and give honest feedback after you've had reps with it.
So basically "We already know people do not like the changes even before trying them, but we won't do anything unless we get major backlash"

Got it

Honestly, this seems like damage control. The only carefulness I saw was hiding it until the last minute.

They knew it was going to be unpopular. Why would people like getting less money?

And I disagree about with your other post. Trying to make things fair by hurting the more dedicated players isn't good. If someone is playing more, then they should get more out of it. If there was some problem, stopping people from playing the game seems like a weird solution.

Nah. This is just to get people to buy more Canopy Coins. Either permanently since leveling things up becomes such a pain or at least temporarily until they listen to the playerbase and fix the problem the created.

I honestly thought they were better than this typical video game strategy.

Well, trying it out wouldn't hurt.
But this whole concept doesn't look good to begin with.

And hiding the true point of this change wouldn't help at all.

Trying to make things fair by hurting the more dedicated players isn't good.
There was a similar decision with the Steam achievements of the main game recently...
Pretty sad trend.

Would everyone be happier with tickets only for skips?
That's what we thought it would be.
Never trust a trailer, I guess.

Prior to this update, I could play daily events 0, 5, or 64 times a week depending on how badly I wanted to get coins and moves to level up my characters.

If the community feedback is that doing so was a chore, the solution isn't to put a hard cap of 14 for every single player. That hurts the people who want to put in the time to reap the rewards of the game.

Just have the tickets for skips only and the problem is solved!

Why another tix system? Don't we have hundreds of Red "Rift" tickets? Sure, have free tix for Rift and Dailies, but make the Red tickets 'Fight' tix that you can use for either Rifts or dailies

This is a good point! There are already too many types of resources in game and we are getting yet another to track.

there’s a lot of potential in integrating existing systems rather than adding more layers. A couple of ideas:

- use existing ticket system for multiple purposes as Gordo stated

- make use of the existing energy system per card and deployment system. For example, deployment also gives you tickets because you essentially cannot use those cards for dailies and PF - hence the energy produces some rewards which includes tickets. The longer the deployment the more tickets.

- since there’s a way to set limits to how many times you can “skip” each daily, does it matter if there’s a cap to how many tickets (4) a player can hold?

Not happy about the changes to the dailies. You’re preventing people from getting the full benefit of each day’s dailies. Especially for weekends where there are 3 dailies plus a holodeck, not to mention if you put off Accursed Experiments. We should never be locked out of a mode because we play “too much”. Using tickets to skip is fine but manual play should not cost tickets. If we’re willing to go through the nodes manually then we shouldn’t have to choose which dailies to prioritize. I hope this change is rolled back ASAP.

Edit: just had a thought. If I spend a ticket on Monday to play Accursed Experiments, and I don’t finish the whole, do I have to spend another ticket on Tuesday to access it again? If so, that’s terrible.

Last edited: