• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 5.4.1 Update Notes - Parallel Realms and the Backstage Pass

I simply LOVE all the effort you guys put into the game. The better accessibility for keys is finally here!!! I was building up so many materials without any diamond keys that it was honestly depressing. I can finally build many more characters thanks to this update!

What's more sad is the fact that if players felt that the contents of that year's Relics are less desirable to open (dupes) and they are willing to wait a year for new contents, that option is no longer available. I mean, if a player has the resolve to not open relics for a year (or more) with the intention that the contents will change...more power to them.
I get the change and I support it - The promised content of the monthly relic shouldn't change regardless of time. But the timing is horrible. It clearly shows they don't want people getting the new variants quickly without spending money. But that's nothing new, considering how they have handled every single character debut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulfden and Ttime
engraçado que a dália negra - hospedeiro profano, foi nerfada de uma forma que a torna praticamente inútil, já o fukua - imagem divina e a dália negra - agente corrosivo, que são extremamente roubados estão intactos, galera incrível

Doesn't seem that op to me. It's not a "counter everything" variant la Uhost was (I'll miss her former self). + More fighters with deadeye is huge for the game balance.

That being said, her stats won't be great for attack if devs followed the "sharing stats between characters" thingy. Fukua shares stats with Filia, thus Filia - Blue streak should share stats with Fukua - Splitting image (10,004 atk 68,506 hp). That's mediocre at best for an attacker.
Actually, Blue Streak has the same FS as Class Cutter. So.. 13k attack at maximum :)

Actually, Blue Streak has the same FS as Class Cutter. So.. 13k attack at maximum :)
That's actually good to know. It's still odd that they havent released a filia variant with SI's stats tho.
Love your vids btw! :)

Reactions: Erick Draves
We would like to say that your effort and desire to improve this series' past it's year is extremely commendable and appreciated. Even as a younger teen just getting into Skullgirls, we felt... off and odd about some of the imagery presented uncritically in the series. You guys used the term "exploitative" and that's a good way to put it. Heck, we notably didn't like Parasoul for the longest time due to the imagery correlation. It's honestly been a big reason why we've struggled to share this series with others, despite our love for it.

Simply put, it's going to be easier to share that love without the fear of hurting someone vulnerable in the process, and I think that's something worth celebrating.

Peacock and Painwheel Updates”

I haven’t read any further than that and already I’m ridiculously happy.

Why update is missed for AppGallery?

If the reason to 'lock' Event relics was because of the 'preview', then that's more of an issue on how updated data is seeded in before an Event PF starts...

What's more sad is the fact that if players felt that the contents of that year's Relics are less desirable to open (dupes) and they are willing to wait a year for new contents, that option is no longer available. I mean, if a player has the resolve to not open relics for a year (or more) with the intention that the contents will change...more power to them.
I have each relic saved from last year mainly because I already have all of the variants so saved them for new ones.

After logging in only July-Sept relics have been updated. All other months are still the same without 2022 or 2023. Guess the next big update will be end of Sept.

Con solo ver cómo le van echando ganas con cada actualización y como se empeñan en ello se da cuenta uno lo tanto aprecio que se le pone, me encanta ver cómo creció el juego hasta llegar a mobile y otras plataformas, recurso cuando solo había 8 personajes y ahora tenemos varios a sido lento pero hermoso de ver

Parallel realms is pretty great, note that clearing all 3 floors only awards 2 of the 3 in the Monthly Goals of backstage.

Chat avatars are fun in theory, but really should be an optional thing in Chat, because information is much less dense, making it difficult to trace questions and answers, or even conversations for that matter, especially in fast, auto-scrolling channels.

Event Relics from previous years will no longer have their loot tables updated to the current year.
You wound me

After completing Master Parallel Realm, here are my initial observations.

- Artifacts seem strong, especially the gold ones. I keep seeing one of the bronze one that I didn’t need so only getting one new choice each battle.
- no canopy coins and xp treat if using heal. I didn’t need it at all but tried it out to ser. Each battle rewards 11k canopy coins and 4 10,000xp treats.
- no gifts in the loot after each battle.
- can only go forward and not back. If you choose bottom then it’ll take a fight before you can go back to top branch.
- no preview of nodes/modifiers/enemies until you clear the options in front of you.
- even though each match is dead easy on Master, it still took about 30mins to complete all 3 levels. Feels like doing manual daily missions all over again at lower level. I guess if it’s 3 days per reset then you can expect to spend 10-20min per level depending on luck.
- enemies have MAs… this means Tainted PWs are a real pain. 1,600% fly trap with regen will be a true horror to face.

What I like:
- unpredictability of enemies keeps you on your toes.
- artifacts can be helpful and getting the right ones will matter.
- rewards are generous.

What could use some improvements:
- please give us gifts from playing this new mode. Some days the daily skips don’t give any much gifts and we should be able to get that for spending time on this mode. Even if it’s just 5 pink gifts per level would be helpful.
- artifacts choices seem limited and with only 2 options except final mode, it’s not as easy to build them up especially when one of the two options keeps showing up.
- because we can use our entire collection for this mode, those of us with 100+ fully built lv60 diamonds can just keep playing. It also encourages players do make duplicates again because there are no penalties for using dupes. The ability to just reuse moves makes it almost like a cheat.

I hope the mode can be a little more restrictive, at least for the higher levels, so that it encourages players to plan and strategize rather than brute force with a large collection of fighters and lv15 moves. One suggestion is to “lock” the players in with say 5 teams of 3 (so 15 unique variants) per reset. This includes no swapping of moves during the entire run. That way, end game players are truly being tested for our skills to plan with a large collection and the challenge will provide a much rewarding experience when you can clear it.

• Wow
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Добрый день. Не скажу, что после обновления все работает идеально. Не работает быстрая игра, бой завершила а в итоге выдаёт ошибку сервера, и так несколько раз

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_081808_com.autumn.skullgirls.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_081808_com.autumn.skullgirls.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 2
Aiight, just got my hands dirty cutting into the new stuff. TLDR I’m really happy with what I see

Bad:
- Backstage pass didn’t track completing the third floor of parallel realms
- I’m surprised there’s no “collect all” for backstage dailies. There’s one for rewards though, and that’s great.

Ambiguous:
- I *assume* it’s possible to fully clear the backstage pass without doing every single task?

Good:
- Buttons for pain and pea feel great, can’t wait until their moves get meshed in too
- Parallel realms are so cool. Seems like I’ll never get to rift now though lmao. Here I was close to moving from converting my entire collection to diamond and then shifting to focus on rift. I have the time and collection to probably hit legend if I actually tried, but it’s a matter of actually doing the legwork lol. But now I got more interesting things to work with.
- Back when you sent out the Black Lives Matter email I saved it. It makes me real happy that you put in effort to be progressive, and I’m here for every step you take!
- UNHOLY HOST NO LONGER MAKES ME WANT TO RAGE or at least sigh so hard my soul escapes my body while I wait for that hex to tick down

Unrelated:
There’s so many new fighters that I have to collect and evolve! And here I was looking at the last 5 I needed to 100% collection, 4 of which are diamond T.T well I guess by September it’s gonna be 7 diamonds D,: if I stopped rolling that 1/5 chance of a fighter I didn’t want from the monthly relic it’d be better. Curse you, RNGesus!

we’ve decided to remove the weekend Medici Prize Fights
So do we only have Shakedown now? No more Crime Spree, Fight Club, Heist, or Pit Fighting? The only Medici modifiers are Hemofilia and Jinx now?
Event Relics from previous years will no longer have their loot tables updated to the current year.
This only applies to monthly relics? So I can still save up Premiere/Gold/Diamond/etc. Relics if I want to wait to get timed exclusives?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
  • The long-awaited 12th Filia is as ✨HYPE as the prophecies foretold
  • Blue Streak Filia is for sure a Leech MA (and oh look, the SGM wiki page is already updated. Must be quick ZeoW at work!)
  • When it comes to clearing up calendar space, dunking the tiny, the 5-fight Medici PFs doesn't do much (I always thought it was meant for beginners?)
  • Losing "relic reincarnation" is bad. It was exciting to hope they could change. Guess I have to eat the cold duplicate leftovers in my Dinnertime Diamond Relic 🍗
The new fighters are amazing! Both in palette reference and SA

JULY 2023
Blue Streak Filia (diamond) - Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Red Rider Black Dahlia (gold) - B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)

AUGUST 2023
Altar Ego Double (diamond) - ???
Final Fang Valentine (gold) - Kakashi (Naruto)

SEPTEMBER 2023
Starlight Rose Annie (diamond) - Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz (Steven Universe)???
Psykid Umbrella (gold) - Anya Forger (SPY×FAMILY)

Fun fact: with these fighters, Double and Annie will be the first characters to reach "4 Diamonds" status while most of the cast still have 2

[rad splash art of Red Rider Black Dahlia chasing Blue Streak Filia]​
Who's the artist? (was it you, Cellsai?) The artist should sign the dust or carve a signature into the bark or something

Reactions: Dusty00
Ambiguous:
- I *assume* it’s possible to fully clear the backstage pass without doing every single task?
Easily so, yes, assuming that levels consistently need 1000 points the whole way up*. The Dailies are a trivially-easy 600 points per day, and the Weeklies are a generally-easy 5450 points per week. There's another 24500 points available in the Monthly tasks. Even in the worst-case scenario of a non-leap-year February that begins and ends at the same time Weeklies reset, there's 63100 points available. If I'm right and levels only ever need 1000 points, that gives you over 13000 points of leeway to skip tasks you don't like, and the vast majority of months will have a bit more than that due to having more than 28 days.

*I feel pretty confident making this assumption -- from the presentation of the reward tracks and the tasks it is blatantly obvious that someone at HVS took notes** from Genshin Impact's "Gnostic Hymn" Battle Pass, which is generous enough that I had the current Hymn maxed out like ten days ago and the next one doesn't start for another week.

**And by "took notes" I mean "just straight-up photocopied Hoyoverse's homework" and I am here for it.

This only applies to monthly relics? So I can still save up Premiere/Gold/Diamond/etc. Relics if I want to wait to get timed exclusives?
Yes, only Event Relics contents are now locked. You can save all other relics as before for when a variant drops into the general pool.

InsomnioStd said:
I get the change and I support it - The promised content of the monthly relic shouldn't change regardless of time. But the timing is horrible. It clearly shows they don't want people getting the new variants quickly without spending money. But that's nothing new, considering how they have handled every single character debut.
I too understand the change...it's just that well, players got used it since the Devs left it that way for so long, gives the impression that it was intentional. It was a neat 'feature' while it lasted.

Last edited:
Dear official
I’m satisfied with this update, but one thing I want to say is PASS’S VALUE.
I felt that it seems BS pass’s cycle of the season is too fast. Other games that I know have seasons last for about 2 months, or even longer. But for Skullgirls mobile, pass season lasts only 35 days, and the price is not that different from these games. Because of this, I feel like the pass’s value is worse than other games. I think it would be nice to double the grades of the pass and set the season duration 2 months like other games, and spread or add the rewards over the additional grades. If so, the value of the pass will naturally increase.
I'm also concerned that this game’s pass doesn't have systems that other game’s have. Examples include additional rewards for exceeding the level, the ability to reroll tasks, and additional tasks when owning a pass. Especially there is no additional reward for exceeding the level is quite fatal. I think the addition of these features will increase the willingness to buy the pass.