• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 6.0 Update Notes - Marie's Debut!

Marie's revival abillity looks to have alot more potential than I initially thought. I figured it'd be similar to valentines prestige where she'd resurrect her teammates somewhere around 15% health, but it being at 25% with a potential to become 50% sounds incredibly good. Reinforced Revival itself sounds pretty interesting aswell, as it seems to apply onto any revival (based on the descriptions wording), so I can imagine that'd have some good synergy with variants like Plot Twisted, Killjoy, or variants with Blessing (assuming they aren't hit with Quietus).

Speaking of which, I wouldn't have expected quietus to ignore the opponents resistance, though that does explain why it's Inflicted so frequently, as it pairs well with Marie's wide arsenal of debuffs.

1 (bronze) of each move on release is so cool! Considering the bronze variants (bare bones & moody magus) focus on special moves and meter gain respectively, I think this was a good call to help make them useful for all players early on.

Selling moves & blockbusters looks like it'll be much more a breeze going forward, which I'm particularly thankful for since I've been wanting to comb through potentially unwanted moves for awhile now.

We can open relics now without having to worry about move capacity anymore! Now I don't have to spend time selling moves in between big relic openings. Fighter, move, and catalyst capacities not effecting each other in general is really convenient aswell.

Backstage Pass tweaks are neat, glad those notifications might not be as impeding anymore. I wonder how different progression is going to feel now that we'll be able to get 1000 points daily...

Glad we don't have immotherapy anymore, it'll be nice to finally utilise my more debuff heavy variants. Not sure why fishbone cleaver would be nerfed, I felt it was a pretty fair trade off of receiving universal access to recovery over going for the more potent effects of other gold artifacts. I guess it will still do its job well enough (you just won't be able to rely on it late into the match), I just find it weird is all. Also for the supercharger expansion, might Umbrella's projection lens be suitable? It's not an beam attack, but I think it could qualify as an energy attack (same could go for Marie's spirit bomb come to think).

I would've thought that we'd be getting the first 2 sets of monthly fighters fully released this update, but I guess waiting for another update makes sense (since we're still on psykid and starlight rose). I wonder if they'll all be released at the same time then, and how long we'll need to wait for that update to roll around? (hopefully only till the middle/late next month? fingers crossed)

Overall I'm digging this update, solid QOL improvements, and Marie is looking to be a pretty exciting addition to the roster.

Update is awesome! Can't wait to start building marie into my collection!

When you log into 6.0 for the first time there will be a free gift waiting for you, including a special exclusive Avatar!

VkNsae5.png
Welp, my code of only using Beowulf avatars is OVER... goodnight sweet prince... (until halloween ends).

I am pushing all those variants to the side I am in awe of Barbie Parasoul. Can't wait to try them out!

Reactions: UmComfy39
I'm hyped for Marie, but first a few things:

Please have the Back Stage Pass banner artists sign their work! Looks like the months ahead are to have more special guest artists.
(I think the first three were all the same artist)

And give a big box of donuts to the naming team. Great puns and references:
  • Foot Soldier Ms. Fortune (Juri from Street Fighter)
  • Scare Giver Cerebella (Mike Wazowski and Sulley from Monsters, Inc.)
  • Bombshell Parasoul (Barbie)
  • Primal Prodigy Peacock (Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls)
  • Web Crawler Painwheel (Spider-Man)
  • Demon Artist Squigly (Nezuko from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)

Since Neutral Element fighters are on the rise (there are now eight), maybe they should get their own Rift week, their own catalysts, their own Prize Fight (get RGB shards), and a modifier in Seasons Beatings? 🤩

Still, I hope that someday the game will be localized in Ukrainian.

Is Quietus not in the random debuff pool? I’ve been spamming Wildcard for a few matches and she hasn’t inflicted Quietus at all.

• Wow
Reactions: UmComfy39
  • I’ve been playing for TEN YEARS??? Wtf! You’d think my collection would be doing better lol. Every time I get close to 100% fighters yall add more T.T
  • Marie looks sick, can’t wait to level one up to a point I can use her lol
  • NEW BELLA?? NEW BELLA WOOO!
  • Updates to move collection are long-overdue perfection. Thank you.
  • Updates to battle pass are very slick. I’m sure newer players are gonna be happy
  • Updates to parallel realms are very tight and I appreciate. Once I have some time I’ll give no mercy another shot, looks like less of a major hassle, especially removing all the ************ immunity.
  • Actually really happy about removing the dark tint on dupe fighters. Idk if I’ll always be able to tell which fighter is mine, but I like the pretty colors ;)

• Only downside of this update: on the updated fighter collection screen I can’t tell if the cards got smaller or the bar at the bottom of the screen did, or both (looks like both). Either way it’s more difficult for my bad eyes to see what I’m seeing. On top of that I’m on iOS so there’s a bar across the bottom of the screen that makes it difficult to tap the collection sections, plus I could barely read the collection numbers before this and now I can’t at all

Reactions: BallotBoxer
So, will these changes be applied retroactively for completed goals over the entire month or only to current 'uncompleted' goals?

Looks like they neglected to mention that BP rebalancing will take effect in the NEXT BP, not the current one...

Wait, so each set of goals will change upon reset? ATM, Daily goals are now 250...but weekly/monthly are still old values and since the BP will end before there is another weekly reset, we'll see the new week/months goals in the next BP...right?...right!?

BTW:
Win 25 Rift Battle Nodes
  • 1250 Points -> 500 Points
Do you really not want casual Rift players to play Rifts? I mean, 25 nodes is 100%-ing 4 maps, then getting that last node of the 5th. That makes for the 5 battle minimum required for Rifts rewards. Going from 1.25 BP levels to just .5 hardly makes doing Rifts or that goal worth the effort now.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Welcome to an update over 10 years in the making! Marie, The Skullgirl herself, is finally here!

Of course Marie isn’t the only new addition in 6.0, so here’s a quick index of what’s included in these update notes:

• Marie
    • Gameplay Overview
    • New Modifier - Quietus
    • 11 New Fighters!
    • Availability
  • Hilgard’s Castle
    • New Stage and Music
  • New Monthly Fighters
    • A Diamond & Gold Fighter in Oct, Nov, and Dec
  • Collection Improvements
    • Show/Filter by Stats
    • Sell All
    • Full Collection Management
  • Backstage Pass
    • Quality of Life Improvements
    • Skip Levels
  • Parallel Realms
    • Artifact Tuning
    • Bug Fixes
  • 6.0 Launch Celebration
  • Economy Adjustments
  • Other Changes
    • Combat Adjustments
    • Misc Adjustments
    • Cheating/Hacking Prevention
Now on to the full update notes!

NEW CHARACTER - MARIE

ocbVFZt.png

Marie Korbel was Hilgard’s orphanage's clumsiest but most enthusiastic self-appointed maid until raiders attacked her newfound family. Desperate, Marie wished on the Skull Heart for the power to protect those she loved. The wish was granted, but at a terrible cost. Marie awoke as a twisted being of destruction: The Skullgirl. With friends gone and home razed, Marie had nothing left but vengeance. Her fierce determination allowed her to keep her murderous rampage focused on the Medici Mafia, but every passing moment the Skull Heart pushed her to ever more severe acts of destruction.

Yet the impossible has happened. The Skull Heart has been destroyed while Marie herself has been spared. She is now a Skullgirl unchained, freed from the diabolical machinations of the Skull Heart’s unseen masters. Marie is uncertain what to make of her new reality, but one thing is certain: She vows to be the last Skullgirl.

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW

Marie mixes close-quarters-cleaning with her necromantic powers, summoning undead allies to fight at mid-to-far range and keep her opponents guessing. She has few ways to boost her damage, but her varied arsenal more than makes up for it.

Opponents may find their life vacuumed away and their buffs swept into the trash, while Marie's unique Debuff, QUIETUS, ensures swift and tidy deaths for fighters relying on Final Stand and Blessing. It all culminates in her powerful Character Ability, which lets her revive dead teammates and remove enemy corpses from the battlefield.

CHARACTER ABILITY - REST AND RESURRECTION

Marie’s Character Ability - REST AND RESURRECTION (R&R) lets Marie tap into her full Skullgirl powers both defensively and offensively.

Holding down the R&R button will begin to build a MORTUARY CHARGE. You don’t have to build a Mortuary Charge all at once, so finding pauses in combat to build Mortuary Charge meter is key to Marie mastery. The Mortuary Charge meter builds faster for each dead body currently on the stage.

Once you stand near a dead body, if you have a Mortuary Charge available, the body will start glowing. You can then activate R&R by tapping the button.

jxq0s9N.png

💙 Your teammates will glow blue, indicating that you can REVIVE them. Teammates will revive at 25% Health.

🔥 Your opponent’s bodies will glow orange, indicating that you can INCINERATE them. The body will explode, causing a powerful wall bouncing blast and completely removing the body from play. The Incinerated Fighter cannot be revived, and any abilities that interact with bodies on the stage will not trigger on it anymore.

You do not need to choose a target to trigger this ability. If you are standing on a pile of bodies with two teammates and two opponents, tapping the R&R button will Revive both teammates and Incinerate both opponents all at the same time, using only a single Mortuary Charge!

NEW MODIFIER - QUIETUS

Marie comes with a brand new DEBUFF!

Y1wNCfX.png

For 15 seconds, victims’s RESISTANCE is ignored and the effects of FINAL STAND and BLESSING will be bypassed.

Marie is a master of the dead, so of course she brings with her a new modifier that makes sure the opponent dies when they’re supposed to!

QUIETUS also ignores the Resistance stat, making it more reliable to apply even more Debuffs.

MARQUEE ABILITY - CORPSE ARTISAN

Marie comes with two distinct Marquee Abilities (MA) that allow you to specialize in either INCINERATING opponents or REVIVING teammates.

cIimj3N.png

IMPROVED INCINERATION - Gain 25% BLOCKBUSTER METER and ENRAGE when INCINERATING a dead body.

REINFORCED REVIVAL - While Marie is alive, teammates gain permanent ARMOR and an additional 25% HEALTH when REVIVED.

PRESTIGE ABILITY - CALL OF THE GRAVE

zOsFaP3.png

Marie charges this ability each time a BUFF or DEBUFF expires on either Fighter while she is TAGGED IN.

CHARGE RATE: 14% per BUFF or DEBUFF expiration.

ACTIVATION EFFECT: Once activated, Marie inflicts QUIETUS for 15 seconds each time she uses a MORTUARY CHARGE.

Marie’s Prestige Ability (PA) builds as Buffs and Debuffs expire on either Fighter. If the opponent relies on lots of Buffs, you’ll charge this PA in no time! Once activated, you’ll have a reliable way to inflict a long Quietus to make sure when the opponent dies, they stay dead.

NEW CATALYST - BONE VIVANT

The Last Skullgirl demands only the best equipment, including a unique Rift Battles Catalyst that only affects Marie Fighters:

PSqC9af.png

Marie gains FINAL STAND for 20 seconds when suffering a HIT that deals at least 10% of her MAX HEALTH.

While benefiting from FINAL STAND, Marie regains 10% HEALTH and inflicts QUIETUS for 15 seconds whenever her opponent gains a BUFF.

Keep an eye out for this in the Cabinet of Curiosities Treasures tab and in Rift Relics!

NEW MARIE FIGHTERS

11 new Marie Fighters will be available in 6.0! Here’s the full set:

xhiMnG2.png

You can check out the trailers for each Fighter here:

Bronze: Bare Bones - Moody Magus

Silver: Maid of Honor - Snake Charmer - Phantom Wrangler

Gold: Octoplasm - Gust Buster - Dark Horse - Gravedigger

Diamond: Heartless - Megalomaniac

To make sure you can start experimenting with Marie combos and gameplay right away we’ll be sending out a mail when 6.0 launches with one of each of Marie’s Bronze Moves.

COMPETITIVE MARIE FIGHTER

Marie will also be added to COMPETITIVE VERSUS when 6.0 launches. However, you can only use Marie if you have at least one Marie Fighter in your collection.

XTQkntq.png

MARIE AVAILABILITY

As mentioned in our OFFICIAL: Marie Release Details & Relic Availability thread, Marie’s availability will be limited at launch. To summarize the thread linked:

WISHFUL PREMIERE RELICS
VbeZFcv.png

Wishful Premiere Relics will be available for 150 Theonite in the Relic Store for the entire duration of the 6.0 Release. They will also have a chance to appear in the Cabinet of Curiosities for 150,000 Canopy Coins.

These Relics behave like standard Premiere Relics, with two notable exceptions:
  • Each Wishful Premiere Relic has 2x odds to pull a Marie Fighter relative to any other Character.
  • In addition to a random Fighter, you will also receive 10 Resurrection Relic Shards.

RESURRECTION RELICS

bP4utfl.png

Resurrection Relics are Marie’s Character Relic, meaning they ONLY contain Marie Fighters.
Resurrection Relics are not available in the Relic Store for Theonite in 6.0, however, if you collect 100 Resurrection Relic Shards you can purchase one Resurrection Relic!

Wx8XPIP.png

BLESSING OF THE SKULL HEART SUBSCRIPTION

Nl05AHK.png

New in 6.0 is the Blessing of the Skull Heart Subscription!

Upon purchasing the subscription you will immediately receive one Resurrection Relic, which contains a guaranteed Marie.

You will also receive an Enhanced Wishful Premiere Relic every day for 8 days when you log in. Each Enhanced Relic gives 50 Resurrection Relic Shards each instead of 10.

This means in addition to the chance of pulling a Marie from each Relic, every two days you will accumulate 100 Resurrection Relic Shards through the subscription, which you can exchange for a guaranteed Marie Resurrection Relic.

The subscription will end after 8 days, and you’ll immediately be able to purchase another one if you’d like!

OTHER DETAILS

Here’s some other miscellaneous details about Marie’s availability:

Marie WILL NOT be available in Standard Relics at launch in 6.0. This includes Premiere, Jackpot, Elemental, Silver/Gold/Diamond, and many other Relics.

If you are saving Relics for Marie, you WILL NOT be able to acquire her from those Relics in 6.0. If you still wish to save your current Relics for Marie Fighters, she will be added to Standard Relics in 6.1.

Resurrection Relics WILL be available via a variety of Offers after 6.0 launches.
Resurrection Relics WILL be added to all Fighter Variety Pack Offers after 6.0 launches.
As with Black Dahlia, Marie’s Prize Fight and Deployments WILL NOT be scheduled until our next major update, 6.1.
Resurrection Relics (and Marie Fighters) WILL NOT be available in the Cabinet of Curiosities when 6.0 launches.
Marie Special Moves, Blockbusters and Skill Points WILL be available in the Cabinet of Curiosities.
Marie Special Moves and Blockbusters WILL NOT be available in all standard Move Relics until 6.1.
Marie’s unique Catalyst WILL be available in the Cabinet of Curiosities and Rift Relics.

MARIE DAILY EVENT

gdi1YrZ.png

One of your best bets for finding materials for upgrading your Marie Fighters is keeping an eye on the Cabinet of Curiosities. However, you can also check out Marie’s Daily Event every MONDAY if you want to stock up on more Marie Moves and Skill Points!

HILGARD’S CASTLE

NEW STAGE

Before she became the Skullgirl, Marie lived in a castle hidden in the mountains of No Man’s Land. The Castle now lies in ruins, but a menagerie of local wildlife have taken up residence.

Try not to startle the animals too much while you battle here!

j4hBQST.png

NEW STAGE MUSIC

Hilgard’s Castle also comes with its own brand new music! The track is composed by Darren Malley and will lend a powerful and melancholy ambiance to your brawls!

NEW MENU MUSIC

The main Skullgirls menu theme has been unchanged for over 6 years, but with 6.0 it gets a brand new lick of paint! Or whatever the acoustic version of that idiom is. Darren Malley also created this more chilled out composition. Let us know what you think!

NEW MONTHLY FIGHTERS

In addition to Marie, we’re adding six new Fighters in this update! Each month, a brand new Gold and Diamond Fighter will first be made available as timed exclusives in Event Relics before being made more widely available in later updates. The Gold Fighter will also be available on the Premium Track of the Backstage Pass as a guaranteed reward!

Although only two Fighters will be available for players each month, you may run into all six of the upcoming Fighters in random battles dotted throughout the game! If you manage to find them, take a screenshot and let us know on our socials!

(11 Marie Fighters, and 6 Monthly Fighters! 17 new Fighters in one update!)

KKwyPiI.png

(You can check the Catalog if you want to spoil the surprise of what these new Fighters do!)

COLLECTION IMPROVEMENTS

With so many new Fighters joining in this update, that means one thing: frantically selling hundreds of Special Moves and Blockbusters to make space!

6.0 introduces some huge Quality of Life updates to Collection management that should make everyone’s lives a little easier.

SHOW STATS

On the bottom right of the Moves section of your Collection you’ll find a new button: SHOW STATS.

Tapping this will display the Stats of each of your Moves!

3jE1uKw.png

You can also view the Stats of your Moves directly on the Rewards screen after a battle or when you open a Relic!

FILTER BY STATS

Opening the Filters window will now offer the option to filter your Moves Collection by their Stats. You can pick up to three Stats at a time, and it can be combined with all the existing Filter options for extremely granular search results.

We also made the Filter screen a lot wider so you can see more options at a glance!

9xeSJ34.png

SELL ALL

Prior to 6.0 you could only sell a maximum of 50 Moves or Catalysts at a time. Now you can tap a button to select every currently filtered move in your collection and sell them all at once!

Combined with the new filtering systems you can very quickly sell any combination of Moves or Catalysts you can dream of! Some examples:

• Select and sell all your Bronze and Silver Moves or Catalysts.
  • Select and sell all Moves that have flat ATK and HP Stats.
  • Select and sell all Bronze Painwheel Moves that have Crit Resist.
i9QZRwJ.png

You can also sell all Moves and Catalysts directly from the Rewards screen after a battle or when you open a Relic. No need to let unwanted Gear pile up in your Collection! (Just be sure to Favorite ❤ any Gear you want to keep first!)

COLLECTION SIZE INCREASE

With 18 playable Characters, even with all the new filtering and selling options, some players might be feeling their Collections are getting a bit tight. As of 6.0, the maximum Fighter and Move Collection size is being increased by 200 each (Fighters 1000 → 1200, Moves 2000 → 2200).

FULL COLLECTION MANAGEMENT

We’ve also made some adjustments to how the game handles parts of your Collection being full when you earn more rewards.

Prior to 6.0, if you tried to open any kind of Relic when any of your Collections (Fighters, Moves, or Catalysts) were full, you would be unable to proceed. E.g., you could not open any Move Relics if your Catalyst Collection was full.

This has been adjusted so that you can always open Relics if the corresponding Collection is not full. For instance, you can now open as many Move Relics as you want so long as your Move Collection has space, even if your Catalyst Collection is full.

There is one exception to this. When you receive a Fighter from a Relic it will always come equipped with a Move. This can cause problems where you’re trying to open Fighters Relics, but your Move Collection is full.

In 6.0, even if your Move Collection is full you will still be able to open Fighter Relics. However, if you go way over the maximum Move Collection Size and have a total of 2300 Moves, you will no longer be able to open Fighter Relics until you clear out some space.

If any of your Collections are ever full you will be prompted with warnings to either expand your Collection, or sell some stuff.

Finally, if you earn any Moves from playing Fights or Skipping through your Dailies it is possible to overfill your Collection. The maximum size for a Move Collection is 2200, but if you somehow go beyond even that and reach 2300 Moves, any new Moves will be automatically sold. You’ll get a warning about this on the rewards screen similar to when you reach your maximum Gifts.

cIwAuNq.png

BACKSTAGE PASS IMPROVEMENTS

We’ve made a host of upgrades to the Backstage Pass to make it easier than ever to grab all these juicy rewards!

REDUCED PROGRESSION NOTIFICATIONS

Have you ever upgraded an entire Skill Tree all at once and then needed to sit through at least six million Backstage Pass progression popups? Good times. Alas, those good times are over as we’ve consolidated these messages into a single notification. As a result, you won’t see any more progression popup avalanches!

IMPROVED NAVIGATION

Extra bookmarks have been added to the Pass itself so you can skip back and forth through the Goals and Rewards tracks much easier than before.

67a3zql.png

Whenever you open the Pass, it will automatically jump forward to your highest unlocked Reward. No need to scroll through the whole track every time you open the Pass anymore!

SKIP AHEAD

A highly requested feature for the Backstage Pass was the ability to purchase reward tiers. This is now possible in 6.0! You can spend 500 Theonite to immediately gain 1000 points and jump to the next reward on the track.

aYWvgbk.png

UPDATED GOALS

We’ve gone through all the Goals in the Backstage Pass and did some rebalancing. For one, we adjusted some Goals to be easier to accomplish. We also adjusted some point values as well, to help make overall progress easier across the board.

Notably, just completing your Daily Goals will now give you enough points to earn a reward tier on the Pass every day!

i5lYQLU.png

Here’s a full list of everything that changed:

Daily Goals:
  • Every Daily Goal
    • 150 Points -> 250 Points

Weekly Goals:
  • Use 10 XP Treats
  • Activate 2 XP Boosts
  • Send 20 Gold Gifts
    • 200 Points -> 250 Points
  • Open 10 Premiere Relics
    • 250 Points -> 300 Points
  • Win 25 Prize Fight Matches
    • 750 Points -> 500 Points
  • Complete 3 Floors in Parallel Realms
    • Changed to “Win 10 Parallel Realms Nodes”
  • Defeat the Boss in Holodeck Hazards 3 Times
    • Defeat the Boss 2 Times
  • Win 25 Rift Battle Nodes
    • 1250 Points -> 500 Points
Monthly Goals:
  • Spend 10,000 Skill Points
    • 1500 Points -> 2000 Points
  • Spend 5,000,000 Coins
    • 1500 Points -> 1750 Points
  • Open 4 Event Relics
    • 1500 Points -> 1250 Points
  • Open 10 Event Relics Relics
    • Open 8 Event Relics
  • Gain 20 Prestige Ability Levels
    • 1750 Points -> 2000 Points
  • Evolve 20 Characters
    • Evolve 10 Characters
  • Complete 80 Daily Events (Skip or Play)
    • Complete 60 Daily Events (Skip or Play)
  • Complete 21 Floors in Parallel Realms
    • Changed to “Complete 100 Parallel Realms Nodes”
  • Get to a 15 Streak in any Prize Fight
    • 1750 Points -> 1500 Points
  • 100% Accursed Experiments 2 Times
    • 1750 Points -> 1000 Points
  • Inflict a hit over 50,000 Damage
    • 1500 Points -> 750 Points
  • Inflict a hit over 100,000 Damage
    • 1500 Points -> 750 Points

PARALLEL REALMS ADJUSTMENTS

To celebrate the release of 6.0, Parallel Realms will reset every day until October 1st. Time to earn some serious rewards!

6.0 brings with it the first of many updates and adjustments to Parallel Realms! We have plans to expand this mode much further in the future, but for now we’re focusing on some smaller balance adjustments and tuning.

NIGHTMARE AND NO MERCY

We found that the early stages of Nightmare and No Mercy were a little too difficult compared to later stages when players have collected Artifacts. To address this:
  • Nightmare Area 1 Attack % boosts have been reduced by half.
  • No Mercy Area 1 Boss Standing Tall modifier has been replaced with Tune Up.
Before:
STANDING TALL:
Gain REGEN every 3 seconds. REGEN is removed when KNOCKED DOWN.

After:
TUNE UP: Gain REGEN for 15 seconds when using a Special Move, gain ARMOR for 15 seconds when the opponent uses a Special Move.

No Mercy and Nightmare were extremely IMMUNITY heavy, which effectively disabled many Fighters and Artifacts entirely. To ease this a bit, the Immunotherapy and Concrete Resolve modifiers have been replaced with two new modifiers:

Before:
IMMUNOTHERAPY
: 15% chance to gain IMMUNITY for 10 seconds when HIT.
CONCRETE RESOLVE: Remove all DEBUFFS and gain permanent IMMUNITY when dropping below 50%

After:
COAGULATION: Convert all BLEED effects on self into REGEN.
SUPER SERUM: All DEBUFFS suffered last half as long.

We also fixed an issue where Plot Armor (cannot take more than 5% damage) was ignored by Precision hits.

DEFENDER EQUIPPED MARQUEE ABILITY UPDATES

We have adjusted all opponents’ Fighters to ensure they are using the optimal defensive Marquees. Here are the Marquees you’re going to face in 6.0:

ANNIE: Blueshift - Opponents deal 20/40% less damage on each COMBO HIT under 5.

BEOWULF: Challenger - Beowulf deals 5/15% bonus damage anytime his HEALTH% is LOWER than his opponent's.

BIG BAND: Frontman - Take 5/15% less damage while Big Band has living teammates.

BLACK DAHLIA: No Time To Die - When the opponent lands a CRITICAL HIT, gain REGEN and HASTE for 5/15 seconds each.

CEREBELLA: Upper Hand - THROWS reduce BLOCKBUSTER METER by 20/30%.

DOUBLE: Volatility - Every 20/10 seconds gain a random BUFF for 10 seconds.

ELIZA: Ritual Sacrifice - Whenever a teammate is defeated, Eliza gains 50/100% BLOCKBUSTER METER.

FILIA: Leech - 15/35% of the damage Filia inflicts is regained as HEALTH.

FUKUA: Wraith's Wrath - Reduce damage taken by 1% for every 15/5% HEALTH missing.

MARIE: Reinforced Revival - While Marie is alive, teammates gain permanent ARMOR and an additional 25% HEALTH when REVIVED.

MS. FORTUNE: Mlem - Gain REGEN for 10/20 seconds after every 10 seconds not suffering a HIT (includes blocked hits).

PAINWHEEL: Tainted Blood - When an opponent lands a CRITICAL HIT, 50/100% of the damage will be reflected back.

PARASOUL: Critical Thinking - Parasoul gains a 15/25% bonus to CRIT RATE per ACTIVE TEAR.

PEACOCK: Cast Party - When Peacock or any teammate uses a TAG IN, there is a 30/50% chance that the attack will be UNBLOCKABLE.

ROBO-FORTUNE: DDOS - Inflicts POWER SURGE for 5/15 seconds after every 3 seconds while near the opponent.

SQUIGLY: Dead Alive - While teammates are nearby Squigly's dead body, suffering a HIT will grant them FINAL STAND for 5/15 seconds.

UMBRELLA: Bitter End - Once per match, gain FINAL STAND and HEAVY REGEN for 5/15 seconds each when falling below 25% HEALTH.

VALENTINE: ICU - Valentine gains HEAVY REGEN for 10/20 seconds when suffering a DEBUFF.

ARTIFACT TUNING

Several Artifacts have been adjusted in 6.0:

Before:
RUSTY MANACLES: Your opponents suffer IMMOBILIZE for 7 seconds every 15 seconds.

After:
SUPPRESSIVE SHOTS: Your Fighters' PROJECTILE attacks have a 25% chance on HIT to inflict IMMOBILIZE for 10 seconds.

Before:
KING OF DIAMONDS: Your Fighters gain +10% DEFENSE

After:
KING OF DIAMONDS: Your Fighters gain +30% DEFENSE

Before:
QUEEN OF HEARTS: Your Fighters gain +10% MAX HEALTH

After:
QUEEN OF HEARTS: Your Fighters gain +20% MAX HEALTH

Before:
SUPERCHARGER: Your Fighters' BEAM and ENERGY attacks deal 25% BONUS DAMAGE and have a 25% chance to inflict INVERSE POLARITY for 10 seconds.

After:
This previously only affected Robo-Fortune’s beam attacks. It now affects Annie’s Sagan Beam, Annie’s Crescent Cut, Peacocks’s Argus Agony, and Black Dahlia's Railgun Shot.

Before:
FISHBONE CLEAVER: 10% of all damage inflicted by your Fighters is regained as HEALTH.

After:
FISHBONE CLEAVER: For the first 30 seconds of the match, 10% of all damage inflicted by your Fighters is regained as HEALTH

Before:
Bronze Artifact:
JELLYFISH LANTERN: Your Fighters start the match with IMMUNITY for 20 seconds. IMMUNITY is removed when suffering a HIT.

After:
This is now a Silver Artifact.

Before:
Silver Artifact:
TIME BALM: Your Fighters gain HASTE for 10 seconds when suffering from a DEBUFF. When this HASTE expires, remove all DEBUFFS.

After:
This is now a Bronze Artifact.

Before:
FLASHBANGS: The first Fighter on the opponent team takes damage equal to 10% of their current HEALTH and suffers STUN for 5 seconds at the start of each match.

After:
FLASHBANGS: The first Fighter on the opponent team takes damage equal to 10% of their current HEALTH and suffers STUN for 2 seconds at the start of each match.

Before:
ABLATIVE ARMOR: Your Fighters cannot suffer more than 10% of their MAX HEALTH from a single HIT.

After:
Fixed an issue where Precision hits ignored this.

Before:
PARASITIC IMPLANTS: Your Fighters gain +20% DEFENSE, +20% MAX HEALTH and +20% ATTACK but lose 1% HEALTH every second.

After:
Fixed an issue where this was not draining any Health.

As one little extra adjustment we also added a notification on the Main Menu to alert you when Parallel Realms has reset.

6.0 LAUNCH CELEBRATION

To celebrate the launch of 6.0 we’ve scheduled some special events so you can earn lots of extra stuff! Check them out:

When you log into 6.0 for the first time there will be a free gift waiting for you, including a special exclusive Avatar!

VkNsae5.png

P3P5Wsn.png

As mentioned above, Parallel Realms will temporarily be reset every day through the end of September to allow players to earn lots of rewards. This could also be a good chance to try completing that Clear No Mercy 10 Times Accolade!

Medici Prize Fights will also be available on weekends (2x per week in total) until the end of October to give even more ways to earn rewards.

The double rewards bonus for purchasing Theonite offers has also been reset for all players. You can now purchase all these Offers again and earn double Theonite!

ECONOMY UPDATES

CABINET OF CURIOSITIES

Trinkets Tab (Canopy Coins)
  • Wishful Premiere Relics have been added with 2x odds of appearing relative to standard Premiere Relics.
  • Marie’s Moves have been added (at a premium price) with 2x odds of appearing.
  • Black Dahlia’s Relics and Moves have been reduced to standard prices and appearance rates.
Treasures Tab (Rift Coins)
  • Marie’s Catalyst, BONE VIVANT, has been added.
  • Marie’s Skill Points have been added (at a premium price) with 2x odds of appearing.
  • Black Dahlia’s Moves have been reduced to standard prices and appearance rates.
Tributes Tab (Skill Points)
  • Black Dahlia Fighters, Relics and Moves have been reduced to standard prices and appearance rates.

OFFERS

pgKLp05.png

The Exclusive Marie Launch Packs are a set of offers that grant 10+1 Resurrection Relics to guarantee you a bundle of Maries right off the bat. The higher tier offer includes a guaranteed Gold - Gust Buster!

These Offers are limited to one per player.

1mQnWtP.png

Resurrection Relic Packs are a set of special Limited Marie Offers available for the entirety of 6.0 if you're looking to jump start your Marie collection.

t2VWFmf.png

If you’re looking for more ways to personalize your account keep an eye out for new Offers containing Exclusive Avatars! There will be two new Avatar packs every month!

MISC
  • Marie’s Resurrection Relic has been added to all Fighter Variety Packs (both Theonite and Paid versions).
  • The monthly Fighters added in 5.4 (Red Rider, Blue Streak, Final Fang, Altar Ego, Psykid and Starlight Rose) will NOT be added into regular Relics in 6.0. They will be added in a future update.

OTHER CHANGES

COMBAT

• Prior to 6.0 if you and the opponent were using the same Fighter, the opponent would be tinted a little darker. This has been removed because we are pretty sure you can figure out which Fighter is yours.
  • Fixed an issue where Black Dahlia - Corrosive Agent could inflict Slime even on Missed or Evaded hits.
  • Adjusted the distance Black Dahlia - Red Rider needs to be for her SA to trigger so that it is more consistent.
  • Fixed an issue where Annie - Starlight Rose would gain Buffs based on the fight clock, not from when her SA initially triggered.
  • Filia - Blue Streak should always have Deadeye and Haste above 95% Health. Fixed an issue where removing just one of these buffs could prevent it from reappearing correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where Umbrella - Psykid could trigger her SA when ANY Fighter wallbounces, not just the opponent.
  • Fixed an issue where Valentine - Final Fang would not correctly copy Fukua - Shadow Puppet’s 5 stacks of Miasma.
  • Fixed a similar issue where Valentine - Final Fang would not correctly copy Squigly - Plot Twisted’s 5 stacks of Thorns.
  • Fixed an issue where Umbrella - Wunderkind’s SA could trigger even when she was dead.
  • Fixed an issue where Painwheel could face the wrong way after evading an attack using Flight Mode.
  • Updated several stages to react to Marie’s presence. I wonder what happened to everyone in Maplecrest? 💀
  • Fixed an issue in Versus Mode where holding a Charge Attack could prevent BB3s from completing their animations.
  • Fixed an issue in Versus where Black Dahlia’s Charge Attack would not deplete Guard Meter correctly.
  • Fixed some visual issues on Ms. Fortune and Fukua’s bubble frames.
MISC
  • Added a new splash screen.
Qh7bfPu.png

• Updated the app icon to finally give Skeleton their shot at the spotlight!
pMfegvB.png

• The chat will no longer continue to scroll if you are viewing older chat messages.
  • Added new line to the chat disclaimers discouraging spamming in languages not native to the channel.
  • Did an extensive update to Chinese localization throughout the game. Thanks Htiek! ❤
  • Fixed an issue where the banners in NMO Arena Empty were off-center.
  • Fixed an issue where Rift Relics and Retake Relics were not animating correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Collection screen would scroll after selling several items.
  • Increased the speed of Fighter level up animations significantly.
  • Fixed a spelling mistake on Double - Altar Ego’s quote.

KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues introduced in this update that we’ll be fixing as soon as possible:
  • This is a known issue with Marie’s Hilgard Haymaker (the Skeletal Summon punch) where it is triggering Signature Abilities twice in certain circumstances.

CHEATING/HACKING PREVENTION

The in-game chat sure has been interesting lately! We have made some significant security upgrades to the chat system for 6.0 so it should be smooth sailing going forward.

We are generally silent about our regular and ongoing ban waves in Skullgirls Mobile, but we widened our nets and banned 3,000+ accounts in recent weeks for using modified versions of the app, attempting to duplicate rewards, or otherwise breaking our Terms of Service. Attempt to cheat at your own peril!

bEt2Cv1.png

Thank you to everyone who continues to use the Report function when encountering suspected cheaters. Every report helps us strengthen our anti-cheat systems!

Whew that was a big update!

Releasing a brand new character is always an incredibly exciting time for us on the development team. We can’t wait to see what you think of Marie (and all the other additions in this update!), so don’t be shy leaving us a comment here or on our social media pages!

If you have any questions about the update, let us know down below!

Thanks so much as always for all your support!

- All of us at Hidden Variable <3
There is several bugs bro (the home menu and the store)

Speaking of bugs, I can't make a report thread until I get more evidence, but I get a game crash (app closes down) when I hit a streak milestone. In the A Class of One's Own PF I (think I) won my 30th battle, got passed the points tally and XP gain screen and instead of returning to the "choose from 3 teams" screen it crashes. Later in the day, it did the same crash on 40. No streak lost, just something very bizarre. Anyone got this?

As for the rest of 6.0, can't say much about Marie yet, but I love the stats glance and sell all functions for move management. Incredibly convenient!

Thanks for this update, I like it and stuff, but PLEASE increase Wishful relics spawn chance, i beg you😭
I'm extremely unlucky or I don't know, but how am I supposed to collect these relics for opening if I bought only ONE since the update was released? :c
It looks like a long and very unfunny joke (especially considering my 6.5k theonite opening on the release)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Wait, so each set of goals will change upon reset? ATM, Daily goals are now 250...but weekly/monthly are still old values and since the BP will end before there is another weekly reset, we'll see the new week/months goals in the next BP...right?...right!?

BTW:

Do you really not want casual Rift players to play Rifts? I mean, 25 nodes is 100%-ing 4 maps, then getting that last node of the 5th. That makes for the 5 battle minimum required for Rifts rewards. Going from 1.25 BP levels to just .5 hardly makes doing Rifts or that goal worth the effort now.
I only really play Rift Battle for the BP rewards. I would sometimes end up getting them just from grinding through maybe 10 maps and winning 2-3 battles in each a time because of how super casually I play. My biggest character is like 10K.

Thanks for this update, I like it and stuff, but PLEASE increase Wishful relics spawn chance, i beg you😭
I'm extremely unlucky or I don't know, but how am I supposed to collect these relics for opening if I bought only ONE since the update was released? :c
It looks like a long and very unfunny joke (especially considering my 6.5k theonite opening on the release)
Agreed. Having been around for every character release since Fukua, it definitely feels like the appearance rate for "special" Premiere Relics (heck, Relics in general) has gone down over time -- I haven't seen a single Wishful relic in the Cabinet all week. The shard system added with Dahlia is a step in the right direction, but it's ultimately meaningless if we can't even get the relics with shards in them without whaling. Please, please take the time to run the CoC code through a couple million simulated Trinket pages and verify that everything is working as intended.

I'm also unhappy with the changes to Parallel Realms -- while dropping Concrete Resolve lets a wider variety of debuff-focused characters do their thing, bringing in Coagulation makes it actively detrimental to have Bleed anywhere in your team's kit. Throw in switching half the cast to their "better" defensive MA's, and it's turned the whole mode into an unfun slog, with too much effort on Nightmare & No Mercy for too little reward.

In short, this is the first update in a long time that I've thought was actively disappointing.
If you had asked me a month ago, I'd have said I was an unshakeable, diehard fan.
Consider me shaken.

• Wow
Reactions: Electrickery
I couldn’t find it but when time thief uses a lv 3 block buster. She no longer heals her health back. Is that a bug or update to her?

6.0.1 UPDATE - October 3rd

We're releasing a small update to address some issues introduced in 6.0:

MARIE ADJUSTMENTS

• Reduced Marie’s damage in Versus Mode.
  • Fixed an issue where Unblockable text could appear twice when Heartless used Hilgard’s Haymaker.
  • Fixed an issue where Phantom Wrangler and Gust Buster could trigger their SAs twice when using Hilgard’s Haymaker.
  • Fixed an issue where Marie’s voice lines would not play during Hilgard’s Howl.
  • Removed the hands from the skeleton arms in Megalomaniac’s launcher.
  • Adjusted the palettes for Hilgard on Gravedigger and Megalomaniac to have brighter faces.
  • Adjusted Snake Charmer and Octoplasm to have the correct colors on their energy attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where canceling a dash into BB3 could briefly spawn a second Marie.
  • Fixed an issue where a second vacuum could appear behind Marie when she walks sometimes.
MISC BUGS AND ADJUSTMENTS
  • Fixed an issue where the Blessing of the Skull Heart subscription would not appear in the Store after purchase.
  • Increased the chances for Wishful Premiere Relics to appear in the Cabinet of Curiosities.
  • Fixed some issues where Match Challenge Notifications could appear incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue where Accolades mentioned Daily Events instead of Parallel Realms.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to enter Parallel Realms with defeated Fighters.
  • Fixed an issue in Parallel Realms where Coagulation (convert Bleeds into Regen) would trigger whenever Fukua summoned a clone.
  • Fixed an issue in Parallel Realms where Super Serum (reduce Modifier duration by 50%) would also reduce Fatigue and Doom.
  • Fixed an issue where extra Goal Bookmarks would sometimes appear on the Backstage Pass.
  • Fixed an issue where the countdown until the next Backstage Pass is active would look incorrect.
  • Added in an extra ARE YOU REALLY SURE? Popup when you are about to sell lots of Moves, just in case you are about to make a terrible mistake.
  • Fixed an issue where the Main Menu could suddenly change to a black screen.

Increased the chances for Wishful Premiere Relics to appear in the Cabinet of Curiosities.
This is surprising to hear. Is it safe to assume that maybe Wishful relics were initially seeded similar to the OG Premiere relics in the CoC? So, what kind of increased chances are we talking here, the same as Veiled relics or hopefully a bit more?

Regardless, I look forward to seeing more Wishful relics!

Reactions: RizeSheela