• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 6.4 Update Notes - Auto Battle Improvements

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Skullgirls Mobile Update 6.4 has arrived! This update is on the leaner side and is mostly focused on improving some general Quality of Life features. Our exciting Guest Stars feature will be making its debut later this year, but we’re sure you’ll find something to enjoy in this new update!

Here’s a quick rundown of what’s covered by these update notes:
  • Auto Battle Improvements
  • Story Mode Energy Removed
  • Official HVS Tier List
  • Quicker Fight Transitions
  • Other Changes
  • Coming Soon
And… Action!

AUTO BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS

Ahead of his upcoming arrival as a Guest Star, Brain Drain has been tinkering in the labs to improve the Skullgirls Mobile Auto Battle system!

First and foremost, Auto Battle AI has been improved, which should see your team act and react better in moment-to-moment combat. Of course, this doesn’t guarantee victory by any means, but you can be confident that your team will be putting its best fist forward whenever Auto Battle is activated.

Just please be aware Auto Battle is not supposed to completely replace you as a player! It will still struggle to get you through actually challenging fights, and is more geared towards helping you complete Fights you would breeze through if you were in full control.

Update 6.4 also sees the addition of a new multi-speed toggle for Auto Battle! Once Auto Battle is activated, simply tap the on-screen icon to accelerate the action up to 3x its original speed. Tap it again to return the fight to its normal pace. This should save a lot of time for players looking to push through more one-sided matchups.

If you want to make use of this feature, ensure that you have Auto Battle activated by visiting Options, then the Gameplay tab, and checking the box marked Show Auto Battle. You can then activate Auto Battle mid-fight by tapping the Brain Drain icon at the bottom of the screen. Additionally, Brain Drain really wanted to show off his new work, so Auto Battle now unlocks at Player Level 9 instead of Level 20.

pPZF0nQ.png

STORY MODE ENERGY REMOVED

As of Update 6.4, the Energy system has been deactivated for Story Mode. Now Main Stories, Origin Stories, and Daily Events can be played without any concerns that your Fighters will deplete their Energy resources.

This will help newer players progress through the Story Mode in the early game, while adding extra incentive for more established players to polish off any lingering Match Challenges, or to battle through those more challenging story paths.

Rdtdccw.png

As a result of this change, we have significantly reduced the XP that can be earned from replaying nodes in both Story Mode and Origin Stories. This change, like when we updated Daily Events a few updates ago, has been made to discourage the monotonous grinding of certain Origin Story nodes in a post Holodeck Hazards/XP Treats world.

Please note the Energy system remains unchanged in Prize Fights and Rift Battles.

OFFICIAL HVS TIER LIST

After much in-house deliberation, we at Hidden Variable have composed an official Tier List of the many Fighters available in Skullgirls Mobile. We hope that this new feature - besides being a conversation starter - will be helpful for newer and/or progressing players who may be fretting over which Fighters are worthy of their investment.

829yt0c.png

Of course, as with all Tier Lists, ours should not be taken as a definitive, set-in-stone ranking of all Skullgirls Mobile Fighters. It is merely an educated, statistical gauge of where the Fighters sit among one another, while offering plenty of room for discourse among all Skullgirls Mobile players. The Tier List will also be subject to change - for example, when we add new Fighters or re-tune existing ones. We'll be taking player thoughts into account for these assessments, so feel free to speak up on socials, our Discord, and the Skullgirls Mobile Forums if you'd like to weigh in!

We are looking forward to friendly feedback from our community - who will definitely, undoubtedly agree with our opinions. Definitely.

Check out the full Tier List over on the Skullgirls Hub:
🔗: bit.ly/sgmtierlist

QUICKER FIGHT TRANSITIONS

As part of Update 6.4’s general performance polish, we have made some improvements to reduce the downtime between fights. The new update not only increases the speed of the end-of-fight action, but also quickens the pace of screen transitions, post-fight load times, and other unnecessary delays.

What this ultimately translates to is a snappier Skullgirls Mobile. All players should now be able to move from fight to fight faster than ever before, enabling a generally smoother and slicker overall experience. Stay tuned for even more optimizations in future updates!

oHNFPji.png

6.4 LAUNCH CELEBRATION

Of course, what would an update be without a few celebratory goodies? With the arrival of 6.4, we have scheduled some special events to offer some additional prizes and rewards as you battle your way through the faster, smarter, and altogether smoother new edition of Skullgirls Mobile!

Oh, and don’t forget to pick up your free gift, which will be waiting for you when you log into Update 6.4 for the first time!

jf0UVGk.png

Parallel Realms will be reset every day until Monday August 19th to allow you to earn heaps of rewards.

Medici Prize Fights will also be available every 48 hours until Tuesday August 20th.

Holodeck Mayhem
will also make its grand return and will run until Friday August 16th! Rack up some SERIOUS XP with the 5x XP multiplier!

K7yKmwg.png

OTHER CHANGES

COMBAT

• Big Band: Fixed Issue where screen would remain dark after using Special Move in Tutorial.
  • Big Band: Fixed issue where Sweet Clarinet would display name in combat incorrectly.
  • Squigly: Fixed issue where pulling Grave Danger would see multiple EXP orbs appear on screen.
  • Squigly: Improvements to EXP orb performance in battle.
  • Squigly: Fixed issue where Scared Stiff would not transfer Unflinching to Eliza - Inner Pieces on tag.
  • Valentine: Fixed issue where Vial Hazard Type A would drain 100% of meter instead of 25%
  • Eliza: Fixed issue where Lapis Luxury's SA1 applied once per opponent, instead of once per match.
  • Fixed issue where Auto Battle icon would appear in Boot Camp before the player had unlocked it.
  • Fixed issue where matchup screen would occasionally not display Fighters’ Energy levels.
  • Fixed issue where Marquee Abilities would list incorrect Elements.

MISC
  • UI: When viewing Fighters or Special Moves, the Back button now returns players to the most recently visited tab in Collection.
  • UI: Increased size of Close button on Accolade Toasts.
  • UI: Toasts now display longer even if fight results are skipped.
  • UI: Various rewrites to pop-up boxes to make their information more succinct.
  • UI: Various fixes to non-English text occasionally misaligned with cards/pop-up boxes.
  • UI: Various localization corrections.
  • Chat: Report function now unlocks at level 10 in effort to curb false reports.
  • Chat: Activity message appears upon completion of Backstage Pass. You’ve earned those bragging rights!
  • Tapping items displayed in Offer banners will now display a tooltip for that item.
  • Relic Voucher tooltips now explain how vouchers work in better detail.
  • Tooltips added to better explain Signature, Marquee, and Prestige abilities.
  • New players will now receive an auto-generated name which can be changed for free one time.
  • Fixed issue where the ‘wings’ of a Boss Battle node would not darken on completion.
  • Fixed issue where Deployments screen would occasionally become unresponsive during tutorial.
  • Fixed issue where map background would scroll off of screen.
  • Fixed Android-specific issue where purchases would not complete.
  • Better visual optimization for devices with 16:10 ratio (eg. iPhone 11 Pro).
  • Additional minor bug fixes.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • There are still some known issues with Fight Replays becoming desynced. We’re working on them, but some Replays not replaying correctly will persist in this update.
  • Also, just a reminder that all Replays are erased alongside every major release, so it is expected that you will have no Replays saved when you launch Skullgirls Mobile after 6.4 is released.

COMING SOON

We are currently hard at work preparing for the arrival of our aforementioned Guest Stars feature, which will see heroes and villains from across The Canopy Kingdom (and maybe beyond…?) join the battle as helpful assist characters!

At Evo 2024 we revealed The Black Egrets’ trusted mechanic, Roxie, as our third Guest Star! Roxie’s reveal follows previous teases for Minette and Brain Drain, with these fan favorite characters preparing to assist your Fighters in battle! We are all very excited about this addition to Skullgirls Mobile and we’re looking forward to sharing details on this feature in the coming months.

Be sure to follow us on our official socials for new developments and behind-the-scenes updates!
🔗: linktr.ee/skullgirlsofficial

Here’s a sneak peak at just how far Minette has come since her initial reveal earlier this year!

We hope that you enjoy all the fun ‘n’ fisticuffs of Update 6.4! We look forward to hearing your thoughts on these new features and, if you have any further questions, be sure to let us know down below.

Thanks for your continued support of Skullgirls Mobile! Until next time, that’s a wrap!

• All of us at Hidden Variable <3

Last edited:
Holodeck Mayhem will also make its grand return and will run until Friday August 16th! Rack up some SERIOUS XP with the 5x XP multiplier!

K7yKmwg.png
Sincerely, this was the time to finally make a PERMANENT SCHEDULE for this event. I can suggest that appear in Weekends Only, for variability.

Nice lil update, was neat to get some small optimizations in here and there while we wait for the usual guest stars and new monthly fighters

Reactions: Shub124
Hi folks!
Just a heads-up that access to the Tier List has been removed for now. Unfortunately it went live a little early and as such contained outdated/pending information. A new list will be released alongside Update 6.4. Apologies for any confusion 🤍💀🤍

Kindly transform the "Training" to learn different combos with fighters with different moves set. Videos on YouTube are difficult to understand and perform.

Reactions: Dusty00 and Shub124
I'm happy with the update itself, but one thing I'm not satisfied about is the PR will held every day... again…🫠

Tbh it takes a lot of time and effort to clear no mercy PR every day. I'm using Indomitable, Surgeon general, Evergreen party to easily get through most of the way (boss fights are not that easy, of course!), but for players who don’t have fighters that can act very good performance in PR, It will be very tough chores. And on top of that, there are PF, lift, and even holodeck mayhem… This is going to be very tough for players who don't have much time to play SGM.

The rewards themselves are great, so I'm not completely against holding the event, but aren't there any other better events instead? Maybe a special daily login bonus would be a good idea, wouldn't it?

I'm happy with the update itself, but one thing I'm not satisfied about is the PR will held every day... again…🫠

Tbh it takes a lot of time and effort to clear no mercy PR every day. I'm using Indomitable, Surgeon general, Evergreen party to easily get through most of the way (boss fights are not that easy, of course!), but for players who don’t have fighters that can act very good performance in PR, It will be very tough chores. And on top of that, there are PF, lift, and even holodeck mayhem… This is going to be very tough for players who don't have much time to play SGM.

The rewards themselves are great, so I'm not completely against holding the event, but aren't there any other better events instead? Maybe a special daily login bonus would be a good idea, wouldn't it?
I’ve been saying this for the past couple of updates. Not against having them but the limited time all loaded the first week is just over-engagement for even the more active users. FOMO is a thing to worry about!

If the goal is to re-engage those who have not played in a while, then there should be other ways of achieving those goals other than giving players more homework to do. Some ideas…

1. Give daily login rewards instead so it gets people in the game to check things out.

2. Double the normal rewards, not amount of time required to play. If someone hasn’t been playing, they’re likely not going to want to invest a ton of time easing back into the game. But regular play with extra rewards is a nice incentive.

3. Stagger the events over time. Instead of making it all happen the week of Patch update, do Holodeck the first week, PR the second week, etc. This actually extends engagement so people don’t just come back for a week and forget about the game until next update.

HVS devs, this auto-battle update is huuuuggggeee! As you already know I risk my life managing auto battle while driving to work for years now so this is a safety upgrade to life! Thanks! Faster loading time is huge too as this has been something I asked for years! Can’t wait to experience it after update is completed.

Tier list is actually pretty accurate from my perspective. Nice work getting this info out to everyone so new players can invest their resources more wisely. Now if only we get to target specific variants (older, not spotlight) through the Shard Exchange system… that’ll give players a clear long-term goal to work towards! My only suggestion is to make a separate category or some note for Support roles. New players might not understand why Sketchy and Surgeon General rank so high in Offense. Also, Heavy Handed seems to be the worse Diamond even according to your list so please tune her up a little soon…

Haven’t player story mode since clearing that mode but no energy is great for keeping new players playing more.

Overall, QoL updates are always the best for long term players like me since it improves your day to day routine with the game significantly and positively. The only big QoL that I’ve been asking for a long time and still see no mention is the ability to filter moves when equipping them on a fighter. It’s really a pain to find the right move when you have hundreds of favorited 3/3 moves to go through…

HIDDEN stop being cheapskate and increase diamond key obtainment

#HiddenCheapskate

Reactions: Diony

#HiddenCheapskate
Not enough keys on the CoC store, or the Diamond PF, or the Parallel Realms, or the AE treasure node?

Very good update. Can you please add a link to each variant in the Tier list that brings you to the respective variant's wiki page? Link can be attached on the variant card for example, or a separate column with a "link" can be added

Reactions: UmComfy39

#HiddenCheapskate
Your feedback has been noted and passed on to the development team. You needn't keep asking about this.

Nice update; the faster load times are huge! However, the robo-fortune prestige bug still hasn't been fixed (just tested it with overclocked, still there 😢).

However, the exp change to Story Mode in my eyes is an odd choice
This change, like when we updated Daily Events a few updates ago, has been made to discourage the monotonous grinding of certain Origin Story nodes in a post Holodeck Hazards/XP Treats world.

I don't really understand the point this is making. What's the benefit of removing another way of grinding exp? If people still grinded the stage in a "post-Holodeck Hazards/XP Treats world," wouldn't that mean that those resources are not enough? IMO this removal is not player-friendly, as it makes the player rely on more limited EXP resources. There are no incentives to touch story mode anymore for end-game players.

Also, any future plans to rework/improve retakes? Re-rolling moves feels like playing a slot machine and wasting 50 retakes to not get the stat you wanted is incredibly dreadful.

#HiddenCheapskate
Diamond key obtaiment is completely fine and I dont think it needs ANY tweaks. This game has a very consistant and well-balanced game-stage system. Diamond characters are Diamonds not only bacause theyre "strong" or "rare" but because they are most expensive to invest and level up. Maxed out diamond characters is a purely late-game thing, and at that stage - you keep getting more diamond keys that you would need. In fact - at the moment I have more diamond keys than silver keys - and I'm not tryting to save them. If you struggle with investing in your Diamond characters thtn it's simply too early and you should focus on bronze/silver/gold variants, who are more than capable of getting you through your current game-stage.

Talking about update in general - it's perfect as usual, thank you!

Auto Battle AI has been improved
Tried it and didn't really see a notisable difference, but the option to speed the fight itself is a bless. I've been ignoring many PFs just because I was too lazy to get through first 10-20 fights.

As a result of this change, we have significantly reduced the XP that can be earned from replaying nodes in both Story Mode and Origin Stories. This change, like when we updated Daily Events a few updates ago, has been made to discourage the monotonous grinding of certain Origin Story nodes in a post Holodeck Hazards/XP Treats world.
This may be controvesial but I also think this is a great change too. Removing energy actually will help new playes a lot, and also will make getting all the stars WAY more convinient. And, of course, this may've led to extreme grinding in the mode that is not meant to be grinded. There are more ways to get XP than there ever was. So this is a win-win in every way.

We are looking forward to friendly feedback from our community - who will definitely, undoubtedly agree with our opinions.
Is there a special place to agree or shall we agree here, in this thread? >:3

Your feedback has been noted and passed on to the development team. You needn't keep asking about this.
Not enough keys on the CoC store, or the Diamond PF, or the Parallel Realms, or the AE treasure node?
For casual players who don't have the option to spend hours playing every day or can only play on the weekend, it is very difficult to get diamond keys

As there is currently no fixed score to get a diamond key, you play without knowing whether you will win or not.

I'm a casual player, unfortunately I can't get 70 million points to try to secure a diamond key and I have more than 20 level 1 diamond characters and only 2 diamond keys, it's taking me 6 months to complete a diamond

The Parallel Realms and treasure node key is random. I've completed it over 100 times and only got 1 diamond key so far.

PF Diamond can only get a Dima key if you make more than 65 million, unfortunately for those who can't play every day this isn't possible.