• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 6.5 Update Notes - New Monthly Fighters!

BlackSunday

Chris
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Welcome to the Skullgirls Mobile 6.5 update!

We hope you’ve been enjoying the features introduced in Update 6.4 and are delighted with the improved auto-battle, the quicker, slicker fight transitions, and, of course, our not-at-all controversial Tier List! We appreciate your support and feedback as Skullgirls Mobile rolls into the twilight evenings and cool nights of the fall season!

Update 6.5 has arrived!

Though a little smaller in scale than our previous release, 6.5 contains a glut of exciting updates for SGM while also laying the groundwork for our upcoming Guest Stars feature! The release is mostly focused on in-game fixes and visual optimizations and the exciting debut of six brand-new Monthly Fighters!

Here’s a quick rundown of what’s covered in these update notes:
  • New Monthly Fighters
  • Shard Exchange Store
  • Relic Fighters
  • 6.5 Celebratory Gift
  • Economy
  • Other Changes
  • Coming Soon
And… Action!

NEW MONTHLY FIGHTERS

Over the coming three months, six new Monthly Fighters will make their way into the world of Skullgirls Mobile, each equipped with unique offensive and defensive abilities to shake up the make up of your favorite teams!

Each month sees the arrival of a new Gold and Diamond Fighter, both of which can be pulled from in-game Event Relics. In addition, each month’s Gold Fighter can be earned by completing the All Access Track of that month’s Backstage Pass!

The six new Monthly Fighters are as follows:

October: Near Death (Diamond) - Spell-Bent (Gold)
November: Masked Menace (Diamond) - Chaos Theory (Gold)
December: Locked In (Diamond) - Pickle Baller (Gold)
VViRCbI.png

Handsome bunch, huh? In addition to their dazzling appearance, each of the new Diamond Fighters are equipped with extra visual flourishes to make them shine in the midst of combat!

While each pairing will arrive on a monthly basis, players may be lucky enough to get a sneak peek at all six Fighters before their official release. All six newcomers can be spotted lurking in the Recruitment Nodes of Parallel Realms, or you may bump into them during random battles dotted throughout Skullgirls Mobile! If you manage to spot one early, be sure to take a screenshot and let us know on our socials!

w43XxaB.png

SHARD EXCHANGE STORE

Did you miss out on your favorite monthly Fighter during our 6.3-6.4 seasons? Well, here’s some good news, the six scrappers who debuted in those updates will be making their way into the Shard Exchange Store! If you have stock of Gold and Diamond shards, then you can exchange them for that special Fighter who may have eluded you in recent months.

Palace Plunderer, Grave Danger, Hell’s Belle, Reimaged, Mekastar, and Furmidable will all appear in the Shard Exchange Store over the coming months!

Gold Fighters cost 5,000 Gold Relic Shards. Diamond Fighters cost 5,000 Diamond Relic Shards.

nXPBfG0.png

Here’s the schedule of upcoming Fighter availability:

October:
  • Diamond - Squigly - Grave Danger
  • Gold - Umbrella - Palace Plunderer
November:
  • Diamond - Robo-Fortune - Reimaged
  • Gold - Fukua - Hell’s Belle
December:
  • Diamond - Cerebella - Mekastar
  • Gold - Ms. Fortune - Furmidable
Don’t forget you can also convert any unopened Gold and Diamond Relics into their respective Shards.

oljN4l1.png

PREVIOUS MONTHLY FIGHTERS ADDED TO RELICS

The Monthly Fighters that joined the battle in Update 6.1 have now been added to standard Relics!

Cosmic Rebel, Apex Complex, Indomitable, Seraph Soldier, Buffer Zone, and Ogre Achiever can now be found in all of SGM’s usual haunts - including Character Relics, Premiere Relics, and Elemental Relics. On rare occasions, Gold Fighters can even turn up in the mysterious Cabinet of Curiosities!

KyjyJrn.png

What a motley crew! We hope you find your favorites soon - if you haven’t already!

6.5 LAUNCH CELEBRATION

We like to celebrate new updates ‘round these parts. So, when you first log in to 6.5, a free gift will be waiting for you! This special package includes 3 Premiere Relics, a 4hr XP Boost, 100,000 SC, and 5 Gold gifts for you to share among your friends! How nice of you.

But that’s not all! This celebratory gift also contains an exclusive Avatar featuring Little Innsmouth’s cutest and hardest-working waitress, Minette! Her cheerful face is 100% guaranteed* to brighten your day!

*(not a guarantee)

FR4iaJ6.png

Parallel Realms resets every day until Monday, September 30th for you to earn a slew of rewards.

Medici Prize Fights will also be available every 48 hours until Tuesday, October 1st.

Holodeck Mayhem
will run until Thursday, September 26th. Don’t miss this opportunity to rack up some SERIOUS XP with the 5x bonus multiplier!

vePC0HT.png

ECONOMY UPDATES

CABINET OF CURIOSITIES

Tributes Tab (Skill Points)
  • The following Fighters have been added at a premium price of 5000 SP:
    • Annie - Cosmic Rebel
    • Parasoul - Indomitable
    • Robo-Fortune - Buffer Zone
  • The following Fighters have been updated to use the standard pricing of 2500 SP:
    • Cerebella - Scare Giver
    • Peacock - Primal Prodigy
    • Squigly - Demon Artist
GZghVB9.png

VIEWING PARLOR

We’ve made some changes to the Viewing Parlor, removing the cooldown and juicing up the available rewards! Prizes including Canopy Coins, Theonite, Medium & Large XP Treats, and a variety of Relics can now be earned from watching the parlor’s videos! In addition, prizes such as these can also be earned from Reward Pop-Ups - These are occasional in-app offers that will similarly gift players in return for watching short videos.

You can find the Viewing Parlor at the bottom-right of the Main Menu. So turn on, tune in, and bag some freebies today! (Just don’t interrupt Patricia’s favorite shows, ya big palooka.)

rp5MhXb.png

MISC
  • A gallery of splendid new avatars will be rolling out over the next three months! Look out for them in the Skullgirls Mobile store and as rewards on the Free and Premium tracks of the Backstage Pass. Some of these new avatars include glimpses of our forthcoming Guest Stars in action!
  • As mentioned above, the Fighters added in 6.1 (Cosmic Rebel, Apex Complex, Indomitable, Seraph Soldier, Buffer Zone, and Ogre Achiever) have been added to all standard Relics.
tAtv0RB.png

OTHER CHANGES

COMBAT

• Robo-Fortune: Fixed issue where Overclocked’s Precision stacks would not activate Unblockable status.
  • Robo-Fortune: Fixed issue where Reimaged SA1 would not trigger when thrown by Squigly or Cerebella.
  • Fukua: Fixed issue where Dream Demon would accidentally transfer Enrage when tagging Eliza: Inner Pieces. Enrage should end whenever Dream Demon leaves active battle.
  • Fukua: Fixed issue where Double could activate Transmutation during the Freeze portion of Shadow Puppet SA2.
  • Fukua: Fixed issue where Phantom Threads SA2 would heal incorrect health percentages.
  • Eliza: Fixed issue where Annie: Star Shine would not transfer buffs to Inner Pieces on tag.
  • Filia: Fixed issue where Windswept would lose Permanent Precision status prematurely.
  • Black Dahlia: Fixed issue where Deadeye shots would not receive Unblockable status.
MISC
  • Auto-Battle: Fixed an issue where Auto-Battle status would automatically carry over to all modes.
  • Auto-Battle: Fixed an issue where Auto-Battle remained active if toggled off before a fight began.
  • Toasts: Fixed an issue where Backstage Pass pop-up would appear upon return to Main Menu after clicking on a Toast redirect.
  • Toasts: Fixed an issue where clicking an Accolades Toast would redirect players to the wrong tab.
  • Toasts: ‘Tappable’ area of Toasts reduced to prevent instances of accidental clicking.
  • UI: Fixed Issue where UI occasionally appears during loading screen in Prize Fights.
  • UI: Fixed issue where players could interact with ‘shadowed’ areas during Tutorial.
  • UI: Fixed Issue where the Tier List button would appear in Moves tab, obscuring Stat button.
  • UI: Button added to the store that redirects to Skullgirls Mobile Hub. Appears at Player Level 20.
  • UI: Resolution improvements on various icons and banners.
  • UI: Fixes to non-English text occasionally misaligning with cards/pop-up boxes.
  • UI: Additional localization fixes.
  • Further optimization for different screen ratios (4:3 / 16:10 etc.)
  • Additional Capitalization/Grammar fixes.
  • Additional minor bug fixes.
KNOWN ISSUES
  • We are continuing our investigation into a rare bug that causes Skullgirls Mobile to freeze at the end of fights.
  • There are still some known issues with Fight Replays becoming desynced. We are currently working on this, but some replay issues will unfortunately persist in this update.

COMING SOON

As we enter the fall and winter seasons, there is plenty in store for SGM fans! In the coming weeks and months, you can expect announcements of exciting contests and in-game offers, along with more tantalizing news on incoming Fighters, features, and updates!

Speaking of which, work continues on our highly-anticipated Guest Stars feature, which will see some of The Canopy Kingdom’s unsung heroes (and villains) stepping into the ring for the very first time! Faithful followers have already been treated to early footage of both Minette and Brain Drain, spotlighting some of the special abilities set to bring a new dynamic to Skullgirls Mobile’s electrifying action!

BszKv7H.gif

We look forward to sharing more details on our Guest Stars soon! In the meantime, please follow us on our Social channels for the latest behind-the-scenes developments! Oh, and speaking of Socials, stay tuned for incoming news on a brand new Discord formed specifically for Skullgirls Mobile!

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Update 6.5! If you have any queries, be sure to let us know down below. And, as always, thank you for your continued support of Skullgirls Mobile!

Until next time, that’s a wrap!
  • All of us at Hidden Variable <3

So, No Remove to the Open Gifts into Open Gold Gifts & Open Pink Gifts for the Update & Valentine with the Cross, why!

Oof, I knew this wouldn't pack much since you guys are working on Guest Stars... It would’ve been nice to at least get some balance changes here and there though.

Oh hey, new person writing the notes!
Kinda a disappointingly small update, but with all work focused on guest stars, and an update NEEDING to happen due to the monthly fighters, I can't be ungrateful for it, especially because this batch of fighters looks really fun, and there's a bunch of the usual new update goodies like faster PR resets. Really lookin forward to that next update though!

Reactions: CanR
First patch notes from BlackSunday. Good work!

Very excited to find out what special visual effects 6.4 new fighters will bring! More/different rewards from the Viewing Parlor is cool. Hope this helps drive some additional passive revenue for HVS.

Since it’s. Small patch, nothing much to say other than keep up the work with bug fixes and looking forward to Guest Stars, hopefully next patch in December.

A couple of repeating comments:

- Daily Parallel Realm resets is tiring. Please consider just tripling the rewards rather than demand more time to grind the rewards.
- Relic shard exchange system should be revisited to give players more targets to exchange other than one gold and one diamond.
- Will we get new Rift catalysts? With more and more neutral variants, it’d be nice to see modifiers and catas for them.
- please let me sort and filter moves when equipping them on a card or creating a loadout.

Expected a smaller update. Looking forward to what you come up with the Guilds, more so than the Guest Characters even. Something which I'd like to give praise to is the amazing new art for the new variants. Custom and unique art which emphasizes the variant's abilities or reference is a great touch, and definitely makes them more appealing

Also I feel like I'm gonna burnout again with the daily PR and other stuff going around... wish these would be spread out more. Like a week only for PF, a week only for PR and a week only for Mayhem

Wait…No guest stars? They said it will “coming soon”, got us excited, but this is what happened...
I was also hoping for some balance adjustments, so I'm very disappointed… (and PR everyday again…)

Reactions: Fearyos
Very Lack Luster Update in my opinion. The Shard Exchange is still useless, and too expensive, There needed to be balance changes there are a few fighters that are either way too bad or way too OP and needed adjustments. I would still like to see a Pity system be Implemented due to the high amount of fighter variants in the game, its near impossible to get what you want at this point. The new variants are cool, that's all I can say as a positive thing. I hate to complain and I enjoy this game but some things need to be tweaked. Most people are going to get burnt out if nothing really changes.

No Feng? Worst update ev... Jk, jk, it's a small one so no point on getting angry. However I'm kinda on the fence about new fighters every month, while it gives an incentive for obtaining them, I would much rather have a gameplay mode where to flex/use them besides Rift (which I haven't played since December), PF or PR/Story Mode and while on the topic, when are we getting more story content (GIVE ME THE TEASED BLOODBATH ELIZA VS MARIE KAIJU BATTLE!!)

#NerfHeavyHanded

Reactions: stup1dhaj1meme
Was waiting guilds to be added but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
The monthly fighters are looking nice and I like that they have added animation in combat.
The everyday refresh of the parallel realms is quite a drag. It would be way better if the rewards are doubled or tripled like the holodeck mayhem.
All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the update, keep up the good work❤️

Thanks a lot! I also wrote the previous notes (6.4) but was not available to publish them :)

Appreciate you being here and thanks for your feedback.
Wait, I went back to check and saw Cellsai on 6.4. Did he take your credit by publishing it or updating it? 🤣

Wait, I went back to check and saw Cellsai on 6.4. Did he take your credit by publishing it or updating it? 🤣
Hahaha, Nooooo he didn't take any credit. He was just responsible for posting it.
He deserves plenty of credit regardless for showing me the ropes around here :)

Yo, I know I'm about to roast the devs, but hear me out, I love the game, alright?

This year has been a real let-down. It's already October, and all we've gotten is one major change, the big band buff. The rest of the year, it's been nothing but paid content. New avatars, new variants, and all that jazz. And guess what? You gotta be super lucky, pay up, or wait three whole months to get your hands on them.

I get it, you're working on a big update, but come on, man. You can't expect us players to wait a whole year for the promised update. At least throw us some balance changes or something to keep us entertained.

Yo, I know I'm about to roast the devs, but hear me out, I love the game, alright?

This year has been a real let-down. It's already October, and all we've gotten is one major change, the big band buff. The rest of the year, it's been nothing but paid content. New avatars, new variants, and all that jazz. And guess what? You gotta be super lucky, pay up, or wait three whole months to get your hands on them.

I get it, you're working on a big update, but come on, man. You can't expect us players to wait a whole year for the promised update. At least throw us some balance changes or something to keep us entertained.
I sincerely hope that the upcoming update will be delivered as promised, as I am finding it increasingly difficult to endure the current situation.

This year has been a real let-down. It's already October, and all we've gotten is one major change, the big band buff.

Funny enough, people complained more about the other buffs/nerfs for the other fighters, and let's be honest Big Band was (is) needing a buff for a while...
The rest of the year, it's been nothing but paid content.
What paid content, the battle pass??
New avatars, new variants, and all that jazz.
Avatars aren't required/needed for progression or playing, I'm torn on having new variants every month but no new story or game modes.
And guess what? You gotta be super lucky, pay up, or wait three whole months
Sadly, that's how most gatcha games are
Dude you would have died if you were huge into gravity falls final episode which took a whole year and a half

Funny enough, people complained more about the other buffs/nerfs for the other fighters, and let's be honest Big Band was (is) needing a buff for a while...

What paid content, the battle pass??

Avatars aren't required/needed for progression or playing, I'm torn on having new variants every month but no new story or game modes.

Sadly, that's how most gatcha games are

Dude you would have died if you were huge into gravity falls final episode which took a whole year and a half
Yo, I'm stoked that we finally got some balance changes, and Big Band got the buff he deserved! But that's pretty much the only thing free-to-play players like me got this year that we can enjoy at the same time as the folks who pay for the game. I know you say all gacha games are like this, but why can't this one be better than the rest?

this is a fighting game not gravity falls