• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 6.5 Update Notes - New Monthly Fighters!

Yo, I know I'm about to roast the devs, but hear me out, I love the game, alright?

This year has been a real let-down. It's already October, and all we've gotten is one major change, the big band buff.

Funny enough, people complained more about the other buffs/nerfs for the other fighters, and let's be honest Big Band was (is) needing a buff for a while...
The rest of the year, it's been nothing but paid content.
What paid content, the battle pass??
New avatars, new variants, and all that jazz.
Avatars aren't required/needed for progression or playing, I'm torn on having new variants every month but no new story or game modes.
And guess what? You gotta be super lucky, pay up, or wait three whole months
Sadly, that's how most gatcha games are
I get it, you're working on a big update, but come on, man. You can't expect us players to wait a whole year for the promised update. At least throw us some balance changes or something to keep us entertained.
Dude you would have died if you were huge into gravity falls final episode which took a whole year and a half

Funny enough, people complained more about the other buffs/nerfs for the other fighters, and let's be honest Big Band was (is) needing a buff for a while...

What paid content, the battle pass??

Avatars aren't required/needed for progression or playing, I'm torn on having new variants every month but no new story or game modes.

Sadly, that's how most gatcha games are

Dude you would have died if you were huge into gravity falls final episode which took a whole year and a half
Yo, I'm stoked that we finally got some balance changes, and Big Band got the buff he deserved! But that's pretty much the only thing free-to-play players like me got this year that we can enjoy at the same time as the folks who pay for the game. I know you say all gacha games are like this, but why can't this one be better than the rest?

this is a fighting game not gravity falls

This update looks good. I am excited to see what the new fighters have to offer, and I am extremely glad to see that Valentine still has her cross. I feel like Valentines new model from 2E is coming at some point, but it looks terrible and ruins her theming. To be honest, I am really hoping that never happens.

I will say that Painwheel getting a new diamond is an interesting choice. She's been in a terrible spot for a long time, so it's hard to get overly excited about a new variant for her. It would be nice to see her get a re-work like band did so that she has some utility in her kit.

Reactions: Dusty00 and Fearyos
I'm glad to see updates for Skullgirls Mobile. However, I love the characters and story of this game. I'm not interested in the addition of color variations for the characters.

I'm sad that there have been no story updates in the game since I started playing three years ago. If there was a story mode based on the paid characters, I would be more motivated to collect them. I support this game, but I only have enough passion to think that I'd be happy to get the paid characters someday.

That Dreamon + IP fix is proof that you are completely alien to the community and the game's inner workings, despite, you know, you making the game in the first place.

Why? What was wrong with it?

If "Those are Dream Demon's enrages" is your reasoning, I'll let you know that Thrill Shrieker + Inner Pieces has been a thing since before you ever concieved Dream Demon. It's faster enrages and IP can not lose them at all (excluding cripple, but that's the same for Dreamon). It's 2 timeless enrages from round start. You can give them back to Thrill Shrieker. Hell, you can give them to any other variant in the game. At round start.

The update is cool and all, but that thing, it bugs me beyond reason. That was not a bug. That was an intended mechanic. Unless Thrill's enrages are an unintended mechanic, since Thrill loses dragon charges on tag ins.

It hurted nobody. It changed nothing in the game balance. Inner Pieces is going to get her enrages somewhere else.

Either you fix all instances of it happening, or you fix none. You can't just drop that and expect players to be okay with it. It made players engage with the tag mechanic in new and interesting ways. And you removed a feature.

Upcoming variant: 2B, Tifa, Frieren, Piccolo. I don't know the rest. Can someone help?

Last edited:
That Dreamon + IP fix is proof that you are completely alien to the community and the game's inner workings, despite, you know, you making the game in the first place.

Why? What was wrong with it?
Unfortunately, it is a bug. Dream Demon's SA clearly states that the Enrage is removed when taggjng out. Unlike Thrill whose Enrage is removed when charge is spent.

This update is alright. Nothing big and nothing small. Guest Stars do take up quite a bit of resources, but it's appreciated regardless. I'm happy for PR running every day. Good way to get some resources back and prepared for new variants and such. Keep up the progress.

Unfortunately, it is a bug. Dream Demon's SA clearly states that the Enrage is removed when taggjng out. Unlike Thrill whose Enrage is removed when charge is spent.
Then the game has a redundancy issue. The enrages aren't permanent so, like every other buff and debuff in the game, the same way the tutorial taught us, they should be removed when tagging out.

I'm sorry for the fit, I'm always happy when the game is updated, but some changes are often questionable and we really should let you know more often when things don't sound right.

Bugs are often adapted as features. It all depends on how the community reacts to the bugs and if they adapt them. An immediate example would be the Juggernaut glitch, which Capcom a few days ago intentionally patched into the game again.

A rewording of the SA would've sufficed as well. I don't use Dreamon however, so I'm neutral on the matter

Then the game has a redundancy issue. The enrages aren't permanent so, like every other buff and debuff in the game, the same way the tutorial taught us, they should be removed when tagging out.

I'm sorry for the fit, I'm always happy when the game is updated, but some changes are often questionable and we really should let you know more often when things don't sound right.
Very good point to raise. Clarity would be helpful here, especially the difference between timeless and permanent buffs, and how they're meant to interact and be designed for future variants.

I do agree there needs to be an improvement in the consistency of SA behavior. It's a lot of work, but it would help in preventing unnecessary "nerfs" like this and would give clear expectations for players as well.

Upcoming variant: 2B, Tifa, Frieren, Piccolo. I don't know the rest. Can someone help?
Near Death Valentine = 2B (NieR: Automata)
Masked Menace Painwheel = Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Locked In Parasoul = Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Spell-Bent Marie = Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End)
Chaos Theory Double = Chaos (Hades)
Pickle Baller Beowulf = Piccolo (Dragon Ball Z)

With all the NEUTRALS joining, I hope they gain equal status with the other elements! This means:
  • Weekend prize fight (earn air, fire, water shards)
  • Neutral Relic (need an "S" word that fits with Scorched, Sunken, Stormy, Shining, Shrouded)
  • Exclusive Gold fighter in said Neutral Relic
  • Fight modifiers for Season's Beatings December prize fight
  • Catalysts for Rift Battles

This update looks good. I am excited to see what the new fighters have to offer, and I am extremely glad to see that Valentine still has her cross. I feel like Valentines new model from 2E is coming at some point, but it looks terrible and ruins her theming. To be honest, I am really hoping that never happens.

I will say that Painwheel getting a new diamond is an interesting choice. She's been in a terrible spot for a long time, so it's hard to get overly excited about a new variant for her. It would be nice to see her get a re-work like band did so that she has some utility in her kit.
I had the opportunity to try out the new Painwheel in No Mercy earlier, and I've changed my mind. I think she has some serious potential and I'm actually quite excited for her. I don't think I've ever said that about a Painwheel before. Good job on this one Devs

Game has been loading faster for me this patch for some reason, even though last patch was when it was implemented. Maybe there was some background optimization?

I was able to recruit all 3 new diamonds in PR last night. Val is underwhelming weak… but I love her special effect turning screen to black and white when someone dies, like in Nier Automata. Painwheel is very strong but you need the right moves to keep up with the pressure. I managed to kill off Unholy Host with doom on very last boss mode and that felt good. Parasoul needs a crit set or egret call to work. Her special effects are very fun to see with Final Fantasy menu popping up on screen. You can see my replay here for two of them on boss node. 0j24-1o1v6gr

The dark horse of this patch imo is actually the Viewing Parlor upgrade. Really nice not having to wait 5 mins to watch the next so you can just get them all done in one sitting. New rewards are very nice too, although most of the time you get 10k coins or exp food.

I would disagree with you on Valentine. I had the opportunity to try her out in No Mercy, and her damage output was just fine. With her ability, she should be able to counter annoying buffers like Rose Tinted or Model easily

Reactions: SvenZ
I would disagree with you on Valentine. I had the opportunity to try her out in No Mercy, and her damage output was just fine. With her ability, she should be able to counter annoying buffers like Rose Tinted or Model easily
That’s good to hear you had a more positive experience. Mine came with 5 BBs and no SMs, which is an awkward loadout for Val that I’m not used to. I think she’d be stronger with at least one mortuary drop SM so you have a fail safe if you can’t guard break the opponent. I’d also give her Vial B for some meter control.

I also didn’t get to use her against defenders needing that Deadeye to feel the difference. Instead, I got bulky regen defenders - hex caliber and she had no way to control/prevent stacks of regeneration. Because she lacks buff control, I would probably rank her lower than Silent Kill, Final Fang and Tres Chic on offense. She’s probably slightly better than Wetwork.

Nice update and all, but when will there be more balance changes?

Dark Might takes another rework for its mediocre SA2, Variants like Freeze Frame or Dream Catcher are very outdated, or variants like Chameleon Twist or Number One were tarnished with a bad reputation due to a problem with their stats.

- Daily Parallel Realm resets is tiring. Please consider just tripling the rewards rather than demand more time to grind the rewards.
I've thought about this some more and I feel like I cannot emphasize my conclusion enough: Parallel Realms is not worth the effort. Consider what a successful run on No Mercy will give you in 22ish nodes:
- ~500k Canopy Coins
- ~2.75 million XP (as XP Treats)
- 150 Gold Shards
- 45 Diamond Shards
- 2 Relics
- 1 random key

Meanwhile, what does a Gold Prize Fight pay out in the 20ish fights it takes me to secure a Top 10% spot?
- 345k Canopy Coins (and 5 Gold Moves that can be sold for another 25k)
- 55 Theonite
- An entire Gold Fighter
- 40 Diamond Shards (from earning a Gold Fighter)
- 3 Relics
- 2 Gold Keys
- 120 Skill Points (plus another 245 from sacrificing the Gold Fighter)

In short: overall a Gold PF has as good or better rewards than No Mercy PR, for much less "work" since the fights are so much easier. If you need XP so badly that PR's Treats look tempting, use the time to play Holodeck Hazards instead -- the fights are easier and with an XP booster you can get more total XP in one run of HH than an entire No Mercy PR.

I'm an adult with a full-time job and other hobbies besides SGM. My daily play time is limited. I will always prefer game modes that give rewards "worth" the amount of time I have to put into them, and Parallel Realms ain't it. Triple the rewards, make it a weekly, and stop wasting our time.

Near Death Valentine = 2B (NieR: Automata)
Masked Menace Painwheel = Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Locked In Parasoul = Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Spell-Bent Marie = Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End)
Chaos Theory Double = Chaos (Hades)
Pickle Baller Beowulf = Piccolo (Dragon Ball Z)

With all the NEUTRALS joining, I hope they gain equal status with the other elements! This means:
  • Weekend prize fight (earn air, fire, water shards)
  • Neutral Relic (need an "S" word that fits with Scorched, Sunken, Stormy, Shining, Shrouded)
  • Exclusive Gold fighter in said Neutral Relic
  • Fight modifiers for Season's Beatings December prize fight
  • Catalysts for Rift Battles
Relic name Standard haha

• Haha
Reactions: BallotBoxer