• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: An Update on Cheaters/ Hackers

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As some of you may be aware, recently a player was able to rise extremely high in the weekly Rift rankings by using cheats. As you might expect, preventing players from using illicit tools like this has been a topic of great concern for us for some time, however we realized that as of late we haven’t spoken openly about our approach, strategy, and policies. As such, we wanted to address the issue publicly as best we can, and outline some improvements that we’re making to minimize the presence of cheaters in Skullgirls mobile overall

CURRENT POLICIES

While we don’t often talk about it, our policy has always been that any player who cheats in Skullgirls will have their account permanently banned. We actually already have a robust system in place to detect these cheaters and we silently ban dozens of accounts every week. Reports of illicit accounts from players on the forums have also been extremely helpful to expedite this process.

PROCESS REFINEMENTS

While we have long term plans in place for improving these systems with a much more extensive, “airtight” solution that will effectively stamp out cheaters permanently going forward, unfortunately this update requires substantial engineering investment. As such, it has been difficult to prioritize especially since we’ve been stretched thinner than usual this year while we’ve taken over development of Skullgirls 2nd Encore. That said, rest assured it is a high priority item on our backlog.

In the meantime, we have made refinements (currently in action) to our current detection pipeline to make sure that players attempting to cheat are identified and banned quicker than before.

REPORTING CHEATERS

In addition to our automated processes, up until now we've generally asked that players report cheaters in this thread on the forums, but this can be inconvenient for several reasons. To make the process a little easier we've added a dedicated channel in the official Skullgirls Discord to make reports. The new process will be:
- Join the Discord here: www.discord.gg/skullgirls
- Enter the #sgm-cheat-report channel
- Read the pinned instruction message for instructions on how to make a report.

Using this Discord channel will make it easier for players to report suspected cheaters and also easier for us to parse that information for investigating cheating reports. As part of this streamlining process we will be closing the cheater reporting thread on the forums and redirecting players to the new channel on Discord.

Goes without saying, but thanks so much once again to all of you for your patience and support while we continue to work on improving and enhancing the SGM experience.

<3 Sairus (Cellsai) and the rest of us at Hidden Variable Studios

I think this kind of open notes are really important for us, to notice the important but underground work. Cheaters are really annoying, but finding out that it is not something you have forgoten in any way is a good relief, and whit this said, I think is easier for now to see a cheater, and having in mind that you are actually working on it and have plans to upgrade the automatic anti-cheater system in a future, and don´t feel frustrated seeing their high-streaks or invincible scores in rifts.

I missed the chance to report many playes becasue my HI RESS screenshots, that forums where not reciving, so resize, and uploading are a thing of the past now.

Keep the hard work guys. Thanks for the intel Sairus!!

I think this kind of open notes are really important for us, to notice the important but underground work. Cheaters are really annoying, but finding out that it is not something you have forgoten in any way is a good relief, and whit this said, I think is easier for now to see a cheater, and having in mind that you are actually working on it and have plans to upgrade the automatic anti-cheater system in a future, and don´t feel frustrated seeing their high-streaks or invincible scores in rifts.

I missed the chance to report many playes becasue my HI RESS screenshots, that forums where not reciving, so resize, and uploading are a thing of the past now.

Keep the hard work guys. Thanks for the intel Sairus!!

Exactly this. We know you guys do a fantastic job and love the game. We do to. And we salute you for it. Communication has been really thin in recent times with the focus seemingly on SE and so its REALLY good to hear that you're still there, making the game better and adding content. These messages, delivered regularly, build trust. Well done.

Ps Dont forget to increase max move capacity ;)

Last edited:
Hello, I want to give feedback, but I don't know where to give feedback. I can't speak English. A player named BMW x4 cheated in a fierce challenge.

I'd like to know whether your test is only an arena or includes daily activities and story patterns?

Ei! Como você está, Srta. Mikami? :D

Espero que você esteja ótimo! Desculpe, mas os fóruns não estão mais aceitando novos relatórios. Como diz o texto principal do Sairus, faça login no discord skullgrils ( www.discord.gg/skullgirls ), e depois entre no canal # sgm-cheat-report, onde você poderá fazer novos relatórios!

Boa sorte!
(Lo siento, no hablo portugues, espero que el traductor haya hecho un buen trabajo)

Hey! How you doing Miss Mikami? :D

Hope you´re doing great! Sorry, but the forums are not longer accepting new reports. As the principal text from Sairus says, please login into the skullgrils discord ( www.discord.gg/skullgirls ), and then enter to the #sgm-cheat-report channel , where you will be able to make new reports!

Good luck!

Hey!! I have a quick question! O___O

@Sairus : Using two diferent accounts in one smartphone with "Dual apps" considered cheating??

Hey!! I have a quick question! O___O

@Sairus : Using two diferent accounts in one smartphone with "Dual apps" considered cheating??
Anything that clones apps can result in your account being banned. Cloning APKs often alters apps in substantial ways without telling you, and altering the Skullgirls app in any way is against the Terms of Service.

Anything that clones apps can result in your account being banned. Cloning APKs often alters apps in substantial ways without telling you, and altering the Skullgirls app in any way is against the Terms of Service.
Not exactly related, but how would Skullgirls treat the Windows 11 Android support for the game? While I wouldn't play it on PC, it would be a nice way to interact with the game, check deployments and such while not being on my phone. The details aren't out on how it all works, but I assume it will be a topic of discussion among the dev team.

Reactions: RizeSheela
I really really apreciate this info! I will just uninstall the game and log in again to help my friend! Thank you! :D

I have see a account open about seven or eight diamond relics at a same time and get different diamond fighters,
this account looks like a botted account with a low level.
Could this be a hacker or a bug ?

Reactions: Erick Draves
I have one proble reset my score reach in batle 9 victory make 0 how i lost in one load fight but i never fight and back menu really tired make again this 9 victorys :(

Reactions: Erick Draves
I have see a account open about seven or eight diamond relics at a same time and get different diamond fighters,
this account looks like a botted account with a low level.
Could this be a hacker or a bug ?
Upper super over awesome lucky dude if I might say. RNG resolves in the server side of the game, they can´t move those numbers on their favor (Only if they could hack the server, thing that is really close to imposible), so no one can get more or less diamond characters, only if they level up playing with super buffed bronzes in a hacked account to recive the level up rewards.

But the last word is for Developers. If you had a screen shoot, it would be really helpful if they want to check it up :D

I have one proble reset my score reach in batle 9 victory make 0 how i lost in one load fight but i never fight and back menu really tired make again this 9 victorys :(
This is a problem adressed by many players sometime ago (June?) but it was mostly patched. But if this keeps happening to you like a lot (A friend told me he just had the same bug) you might want to write about it in a new tread here: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/forums/known-issues-bugs.27/

Don´t forget to put your smartphone info, ram, etc, and every important info to give developers a good start to help you!

Couldn’t find the “#sgm-cheat-report” on discord but I’m not great at discord so it’s probably my bad. Here is the cheater I found:
2B0C8BCB-7050-4B89-AA52-DEEDDE0AAE9F.jpeg

Reactions: Codlugarthia
Time taken: 12:50 PM, GMT-6 Ciudad de México

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-125049.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-125049.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 21
Discord guide
Go to the Skullgirls channel: https://discord.com/channels/93912070059196416/885381500038684682
sgm-discord.jpg
1. Get to the report channel
#sgm-cheat-report channel is the 13th option on the left-side menu

2. Scroll all the way to the top to read the rules.
After reading, you must react "OK" to that pinned message from Molly [BOT]. You react by clicking on the OK at the bottom of that top post. (yeah, it will take about 6 "scroll up and loads" to get to the top)

3. Submit your cheater report
I start by pressing the + plus circle on the left of the field to summon an upload image menu. Once the cropped evidence is uploaded, type in the details as a note to the uploaded image and it will appear in your report.

Since the devs prefer it, I use the discord for all reports. For everything else, I prefer the forums.

Discord guide
Go to the Skullgirls channel: https://discord.com/channels/93912070059196416/885381500038684682
View attachment 15281
1. Get to the report channel
#sgm-cheat-report channel is the 13th option on the left-side menu

2. Scroll all the way to the top to read the rules.
After reading, you must react "OK" to that pinned message from Molly [BOT]. You react by clicking on the OK at the bottom of that top post. (yeah, it will take about 6 "scroll up and loads" to get to the top)

3. Submit your cheater report
I start by pressing the + plus circle on the left of the field to summon an upload image menu. Once the cropped evidence is uploaded, type in the details as a note to the uploaded image and it will appear in your report.

Since the devs prefer it, I use the discord for all reports. For everything else, I prefer the forums.

You are a star. Thank you kindly