• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Issues with Rift Battle Season Rewards (July 6th - 12th)

Players who received legendary rewards for lift errors last season received the same reward again this week. The player who received compensation for his original grade was never rewarded for his legendary grade again

Anyone who didn't participate in the lift got a reward, but are there any additional rewards? And following last week, with legendary rewards, I feel a gap that I can't keep up with.

The team discussed this at length and we decided on the following solution to be as fair and clean as possible:
  1. Players that were sent the correct rewards will not have their rewards adjusted.
  2. Players that were sent Legend Tier rewards will not have their rewards adjusted.
  3. All players have been reset to the Rookie Rank.
You know what? That's it. I'm gonna do the ragequit. It's the second time I work my bum off to try to get a not too ridiculous right rank, not only this week my rift rating collapsed in four hours just before the end of the season (not your fault I know but it just adds to the injury) and now I see people who didn't do half the effort I did get free diamond character and stuff while I must be satisfied with 100 rift coins and a crumb of gold shard?! I mean, last week I was like "ok, got unlucky again, that's just a game, let's not get overboard" but two weeks consecutively, adding to this the struggle of losing battles because of **** network, choppy framerate, the game sometimes getting totally unresponsive and being helpless while seeing my character walking casually to a beatdown, etc etc etc, that's too much.

There is also that revenge system that literally encourages everybody to gang on heavily lower levels than us and as much as i understand that it's in the order of thing a lvl 70 gets higher rank than me, getting suddenly gang banged by lvl 60s at the last moment on Sunday while I'm sleeping, to see all my hard work collapsing all of a sudden because the rift battle system downright encourages that behavior, is really frustrating.

So I guess I'll just do 5 fights for the next rift battle, or maybe I'll just downright uninstall that game that became a bad joke with all these bugs and the devs going "welp, well, lucky dudes got lucky, the others can f- right off and hope for a 0.5% chance on a premiere relic lololol".
I mean, uninstall until all this is fixed, because I love Skullgirls.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm really pissed right now.

You know what? getting suddenly gang banged by lvl 60s at the last moment on Sunday while I'm sleeping
That must be painfull. And you were sleeping when they did that? That's some horrible people.

Duh, of course they're not and I'm not saying they shouldn't do that. Just frustrating. Had a bad day, so yeah mixed some venting in my post. I know, so childish yada yada yada. Also was absolutely not the main point about what I was saying.

Hi Skullgirls team,

Sad days here with a lot of effort, time, red tickets etc going into getting a good rift rank, only for a whole host of people to get free legend rewards again for absolutely nothing. I got my correct rewards, which is fine, but it is very unfair that people are receiving free diamonds with no effort while those who put in the effort are not.

I understood your stance last week, but now that it’s happened twice in a row, please compensate those who did not receive the amazing legend rewards by at least making us even with those who did - give us the balance of what we would have received if we had got legend rewards twice too. Otherwise it is just plain unfair.

Love this game, been playing for a year and a half every day, and just want what is fair.

Thank you, team

Deja vu!
Here we are again. Pesky bug is still at large. Only if the bug was more fair/smart: only give Legend rank to everyone that participated and qualified for rewards. The fact that even non-participants are getting #1 rank rewards and some hard working players are getting less rewards than they should is where the salt and ire is stemming from.

This bug happening for a 2nd week is odd, considering how quick the Devs tend to fix these type issues. I understand some of the frustration from playing Rifts all week only to have our efforts undermined if we received less than Legend rewards (and even less rewards we were striving for).
But we played anyway under the assumption that the bug was fixed. We earned RiftCoins and aimed for rewards tier we felt our efforts/resources were worth.

We have to.

Sure, we could gamble that the bug persists and do the bare minimum and hope to be rewarded more than we deserved, but if it is fixed...then we sell ourselves short that week and leave rewards on the table. So we played...and the bug came back...I'll just keep playing as usual, cuz eventually a Monday will come where those riding this lucky bug will wind up empty handed, while we won't.

Deja vu!
Here we are again. Pesky bug is still at large. Only if the bug was more fair/smart: only give Legend rank to everyone that participated and qualified for rewards. The fact that even non-participants are getting #1 rank rewards and some hard working players are getting less rewards than they should is where the salt and ire is stemming from.

This bug happening for a 2nd week is odd, considering how quick the Devs tend to fix these type issues. I understand some of the frustration from playing Rifts all week only to have our efforts undermined if we received less than Legend rewards (and even less rewards we were striving for).
But we played anyway under the assumption that the bug was fixed. We earned RiftCoins and aimed for rewards tier we felt our efforts/resources were worth.

We have to.

Sure, we could gamble that the bug persists and do the bare minimum and hope to be rewarded more than we deserved, but if it is fixed...then we sell ourselves short that week and leave rewards on the table. So we played...and the bug came back...I'll just keep playing as usual, cuz eventually a Monday will come where those riding this lucky bug will wind up empty handed, while we won't.
An optimistic and encouraging view-- I like it! My heart breaks for the people who are considering quitting the game over things like this. I don't blame them, these things shouldn't happen. But these features are still new and the Devs did say they'd give us some sort of compensation the next update since this one was so buggy. I think it would be reasonable for us to ask for a bigger compensation than they were originally planning because of how many people are frustrated by this whole thing. They did say they fixed it for last week, but it wasn't. They're working on it-- but I think this is a good argument as to why we need more focus on quality of gaming life rather than new things. Yes, new things are fun and exciting, but they don't mean a thing if we can't use them correctly. There's a lot of stuff that needs attention, and maybe those should be looked at before adding a ton of new content.

I went down a rabbit hole a bit but I like this optimism and I hope more players will see it the way you do!

Remember folks, don't delete your rift rewards message. "RIFT SEASON END REWARDS (7/13 - 7/20)" is right now in your READ folder, regardless if you read it or not. There are no attachments (no loot!) on it, but when HVS decides what to do, that message will go from READ to UNREAD with the attachments revived (so if you are a mistaken Legend like me, the Legend rewards will appear... if they decide to do that again).

For those not getting the error Legend rank, did your message come with rewards attached? Or were they withheld too?

Reactions: Eray and Lililira
Remember folks, don't delete your rift rewards message. "RIFT SEASON END REWARDS (7/13 - 7/20)" is right now in your READ folder, regardless if you read it or not. There are no attachments (no loot!) on it, but when HVS decides what to do, that message will go from READ to UNREAD with the attachments revived (so if you are a mistaken Legend like me, the Legend rewards will appear... if they decide to do that again).

For those not getting the error Legend rank, did your message come with rewards attached? Or were they withheld too?
I didn't get any compensation for last season, and this time I only got a message of delay in compensation.

I don't have any rift rewards, like many people here, please fix it. (sorry for my English)

Reactions: buggy.
They're working on it-- but I think this is a good argument as to why we need more focus on quality of gaming life rather than new things. Yes, new things are fun and exciting, but they don't mean a thing if we can't use them correctly. There's a lot of stuff that needs attention, and maybe those should be looked at before adding a ton of new content.

Yes, please. There's a list of QoL stuff that would make the game so much more enjoyable. Hope the next update focus solely on bug fixes, performance issues, Rift improvements and additional QoL stuff that has been discussed in this forum like a moveset system and new Prize Fight (to fight point inflation). New stuff are cool but I rather have these QoL implemented in the game, especially since a new character is coming later anyway.

Yes, please. There's a list of QoL stuff that would make the game so much more enjoyable. Hope the next update focus solely on bug fixes, performance issues, Rift improvements and additional QoL stuff that has been discussed in this forum like a moveset system and new Prize Fight (to fight point inflation). New stuff are cool but I rather have these QoL implemented in the game, especially since a new character is coming later anyway.
Oh, people are suggesting new prize fight? Diamond class pf I suppose? Now that would be a sweet thing.

Did not received any rewards. Last score was 1333. Will i not receive the rewards then? Mail said rewards are going to be delayed, not that we won't get it.

Which is it? Delayed or won't receive anything?

You mean for defensive?

I guess I'm in the same boat you are: I got Rookie rank, and 2 empty mails, which are sitting in my READ folder, one saying "RIFT SEASON END REWARDS (7/13 - 7/20)" saying I got Legend with 1000 points and NO rewards and the "RIFT BATTLE - Delayed Rewards" message detailing the situation.

I can't say I'm not dissappointed about the bug, mainly because I have no idea if I actually made it to a decent rank. As for the rewadrs, I could do without the shards but not getting diamond keys really grinds my gears.