• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OP moves?

BrolaireOfAsstora

Reaction score
While using one of my big bands, Ive noticed that his counter seems pretty broken. As a smash player, and with the less than unpredictable AI, it seems like his counter is a staple for him. With it, I'm able to counter several of the blockbusters, including hatred install, checkmate incision, and silent scope. Isn't that kinda of broken, or are there more op moves out there?

All of those moves are relatively easy to block in the first place, so I don't think a counter is all that broken to be honest. The real broken Big Band move is Cymbal Clash, which has an incredibly high chance of inflicting Stun for a combo reset, is easily set up out of launcher or Beat Extend, as well as doing some decent damage by itself.

Reactions: BambooEarpick
True, though I think most of big bands moves are broken. Does any other character have as many good moves as BB does? Pretty sure peacock is in a distant second. Yet, she still can't completely (she can, with the right rng, just not with a sm) negate the damage of several BBS. With moves like beat extend, cymbal clash, and other big band moves (please read this and nerf him, he's the literal brawl meta knight of this game devs) dominating the meta, a move that can negate them entirely and stun them after wards is broken to me. Cymbal clash can stun, but theres still a chance to not stun. In addition, cymbal clash has generally a longer cool down than the counter. I think it needs a nerf.

I'd say the only other move that comes close to being as strong as one of Big Band's is George's Day Out, which is fairly versatile in how you can use it (guard pressure, combo extender, combo finisher) as well as dealing incredible amounts of damage.

Right, but the 20 second cooldown prevents it from begin spamable. The devs have done a good job of keeping the game balanced, except for big band.

GDO, MGR, and Cymbal Clash are currently the best specials in terms of overall damage and utility. They're definitely overpowered: GDO has an infinite, MGR can restand / unblockable / can be used after a blocked jab combo / invincible, Big Band's cymbal clash does a ton of damage AND has a 87.5% rate of stun.

The game isn't really "balanced", but the devs are working hard and listening to us and understanding what needs nerfs and what needs buffs.

Reactions: BambooEarpick
True, which is really good. If they can't fix big band, they need to pull an overwatch and give the other characters just as broken moves, or alternatively, when new characters come out give one of them a card that exclusively counters big bands. Maybe a Beowulf with tons of health, and an ability that prevents stun?

Big Band nerfs are already in the works according to some devs who have spoke about it in the discord channel. We don't need to add 'counters' we just need to overall balance the game. There are many moves that are just too busted ATM.

There are also a few moves, I'm thinking all 3 Vial Hazards, that are almost laughably underpowered. Need to activate twice, do literally zero damage, easily blocked...

Reactions: TSGamer
Quite a lot of specials are nigh-useless, most characters have just one or two good ones and the rest you should ignore.

Just bring back canceling normals into specials so most everything can be comboable. IDK why that was removed from Beta.

For top tenning a gold event there's probably only a few viable options but for the most part I think most of the moves are OK for what they are, with a few standouts like the ones mentioned here (GDO, MGR, CC). But vial hazards and tag outs need some serious love.

I wasn't in beta but that sounds like a fun feature that was probably way too easy to abuse...

Big Band nerfs are already in the works according to some devs who have spoke about it in the discord channel. We don't need to add 'counters' we just need to overall balance the game. There are many moves that are just too busted ATM.
What kind of nerfs are they bringing? Heavy nerfs that send him down to the olimar tier of uselessness, or just slight ones that then make painwheels the next best character?